Richy's gonna play DC! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #46
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Richy's gonna play DC!

Ohh, thats very cute! I want more pics dammit!

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2005, 11:08 AM   #47
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much GirL! I wish i could read Russian now...
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #48
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reports girL I like the little anecdote about Richie speaking russian. That must be very funny with his strong accent

Quote:
Originally Posted by girL_
Richy said he liked Moscow and the stadium and is looking forward to the matches. He's sure they're going to be very interesting, and probably the decisive match will be the 5th again, like 3 years ago.
OMG! I have the feeling that I will be nervous the entire week-end!
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #49
country flag skeiji

skeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond repute

a video from www.rtr-sport.ru

http://www.rtr-sport.ru/video.html?vid=21894

Bob Mike PimPim Lleyton Paulo Dani Misa
skeiji is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:55 AM   #50
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
OMG! I have the feeling that I will be nervous the entire week-end!
Yeah! We're all gonna end up with a weak heart following these kind of matches... It's not good for the nervous health...
So now Richard's going to outbreak the hostilities against Andreev! Hope he won't be too nervous...
From the FFT site:
LA PHRASE
"Un peu d'appréhension"
De Richard Gasquet qui répondait à un journaliste russe lui demandant s'il ne ressentait pas trop de pression pour ses débuts en Coupe Davis.

("A little bit of apprehension" from Gasquet answering a russian journalist who asked him if he didn't feel too much pressure for his DC debut)

Last edited by delsa : 07-14-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #51
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

The video doesn't work for me!
Old 07-14-2005, 12:25 PM   #52
country flag skeiji

skeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond reputeskeiji has a reputation beyond repute

Gasquet set for Davis Cup debut

www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?id=13290

Ten years after appearing on the cover of France's leading tennis magazine as the nine-year-old hope of French tennis, 19-year-old Richard Gasquet is finally set to make his Davis Cup debut. Gasquet opens against Russia's Igor Andreev in a Davis Cup by BNP Paribas quarterfinal for which the draw reads:

Igor Andreev (RUS) v Richard Gasquet (FRA)
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) v Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA)
Igor Andreev/Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) v Arnaud Clement/Michael Llodra (FRA)
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) v Richard Gasquet (FRA)
Igor Andreev (RUS) v Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA)

For many, Gasquet's first appearance in tennis's premier team competition was an inevitability, but Gasquet has come through a rough couple of years since announcing his presence as a 16-year-old at the 2002 Monte Carlo Masters, where he thrilled local fans with a three-sets win over Franco Squillari, then ranked 51.

This year he has been one of only three players to have beaten Roger Federer, that also coming at Monte Carlo, where his win from match point down announced that he had put behind him a troublesome period which saw a series of injuries, two changes of coach, chicken pox, and a few classic teenage problems of graduating from childhood to adulthood.

With Andreev's name first out of the pot at Thursday's draw in Moscow's Olympic Stadium, Gasquet is well set to give France a winning start, if he can justify his ranking of 17, compared to Andreev's of 46. Their one previous match, won by Andreev on the grass of London's Queen's Club last year, is of little consequence given the strides Gasquet has made this year.

The only surprise in the draw was that Andreev was nominated in place of the higher-ranked Mikhail Youzhny (27th), but the feeling among the several dozen journalists attending the tie in Moscow is that Russia's captain Shamil Tarpischev may well be holding Youzhny back for a possible fifth rubber against Paul-Henri Mathieu, the man he beat from two sets down to give Russia its first and so far only Davis Cup title in a dramatic final in Paris three years ago.

But for that to happen, Nikolay Davydenko will have to play both his singles, and his presence on the opening day is something of a gamble by Tarpischev. Davydenko may be the world No 7, and his Champions Race position of 5th testifies to the fact that 2005 is the best year of his career. But the French Open semifinalist has retired from his last two matches - in Wimbledon and Gstaad - with an inflammation to his right wrist. "I may have some pain," he said after the draw, "but I'm sure I can get through one match. Then we'll see."

Davydenko, playing his first Davis Cup tie as Russian No. 1 due to the absence through injury of Marat Safin, tests his wrist in the second of the opening day's singles against Paul-Henri Mathieu, the Frenchman who despite being ranked just 57th has won his last three Davis Cup matches , defeating Carlos Moya, Joachim Johansson and Thomas Johansson.

If Davydenko can't play on Sunday, then Youzhny will be needed against Gasquet, unless Tarpischev brings in the Davis Cup rookie Teimuraz Gabashvili, a 20-year-old with a ranking of 211.

France's captain Guy Forget continues to say Russia is a slight favourite, though it's hard to believe him looking at the draw. Forget has the one clear advantage in the presence of the experienced Clément and Llodra in the doubles, as Youzhny and Andreev have never played together. But Forget believes Davydenko and Andreev - a regular pairing on the tour - will face the French on Saturday, assuming Davydenko's wrist comes through Friday's test.

It could be that the destination of this quarterfinal rests with how a few tendons in Davydenko's right arm behave over the next three days.

Last edited by skeiji : 07-14-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #53
country flag *julie*

Old 07-14-2005, 01:26 PM   #54
country flag delsa

Thank you Skeiji! Here's the new audio interview of Richard to go with the article you posted
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/media...C_4175_mp3.MP3
And thank you for the pics Julie! At last some pics!
Old 07-14-2005, 01:43 PM   #55
country flag girL_

girL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond repute

you're welcome, everyone

ohhh... the draw's really tough...
thanx for the video, skeiji!!!

ohhh I'm soo busy these days.... sorry I won't be able to post the translation of the whole interview...
just the major points.
the name of the article reads "The victory over Federer opened the doors into tennis elite for me".
the beginning of the article is dedicated to the great difference between Richard 11 months ago and now. the authour is speaking about "two different players". briefly he analyzes his way to the top of ATP rating. (including victory over Federer in MC quarterfinals)
Guy Forget is having big hopes connected with Richard's perfomance. Richard is especially dangerous because of his unpredictable manner of play. English newspaper Observer compares Richard with Mozart: "Gasquet is a master of improvisation, he easily moves from one playing theme to another, changing the tactics depending on the opponent, weather, surface or even his mood".

Though Gasquet says he feels comfortable on any surface, clay is the best for him. There he combines traditional elegance of french tennis with power and pressure typical for tennis schools of different countries. His one-hand backhand is gradually starting to remind the threatening backhand of Pete Sampras. In his ability of moving around the court and "gliding" on the clay he can compete with the best representatives of spanish-argentenian tennis.

Then, the interview itself.
Grosjean said earlier to that correspondent that he doesn't feel anything like revengeous feelings (for the DC Final in 2002) before that match. Richard agrees with that and supposes that maybe only Paulo has such feelings.
Richy watched that final and says he was very disappointed, but the life "wasn't over for him". His team had wonderful chances to win and wasted them.
He doesn't feel himself as a leader of the team since it's his debut under the French flag in Davis Cup.
[a nice moment] Richy says that in their team there's a musketeers' motto: "the one for all and all for the one". This unity helps their team to be successful in team tournaments like DC.
the next question is about Safin's absence. Richy says it's a big loss for Russian team, and he won't be original to say that the French have much more chances against Russians without Safin. The matches will obviously be very tense and 5th match might become the decisive one again. Any detail can affect the outcome: the quality of the surface, the players' physical condition, the support of the crowd...
When Richy hears that there will be about 12 thousand Rusian fans, he says that's a serious support for Russians, but he hopes to amaze the spectators with his game and then some of them might appaud to him as well [ ahh Richy! you (shy? not more! ) self-confident sweetie! ]

the final question: "Only 3 men in the world were able to beat Roger Federer earlier this year: Safin, Nadal and you. What did that victory give you?

-I've answered this question so many times that there are no emotions left (smiling).
This victory opened to me the doors to the highest tennis community. Before that match I played a few weeks on a very good level, won two challengers in Italy. However only after the match against the swiss I finally believed in my power. Now I know that I can overcome anyone."

Andy Roddick*Richard Gasquet*Dima Tursunov

Last edited by girL_ : 07-14-2005 at 01:50 PM.
girL_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:51 PM   #56
country flag lizabeth..*

lizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond reputelizabeth..* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *julie*
*thud*

What I would give to be in the middle of that stare.....

PICTURES! JOY!

GOOD LUCK

Fernando Verdasco | Paul-Henri Mathieu | Richard Gasquet

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marat Safin | Juan Carlos Ferrero | Carlos Moya | David Nalbandian | Mathieu Montcourt | Nicolas Mahut

lizabeth..* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:08 PM   #57
country flag girL_

girL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond reputegirL_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabeth..*
*thud*

What I would give to be in the middle of that stare.....

PICTURES! JOY!
oh yes.. you read my thoughts.... *dreams* *drools* *faints*

Andy Roddick*Richard Gasquet*Dima Tursunov
girL_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:47 PM   #58
country flag skeiji

i cant see the pics,they're red Xs for me
why

Old 07-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #59
country flag delsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeiji
i cant see the pics,they're red Xs for me
why
Don't know why but if you want to see them, just go to the photos section of the fft DC site...
Old 07-14-2005, 04:39 PM   #60
country flag skeiji

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
Don't know why but if you want to see them, just go to the photos section of the fft DC site...
thanks delsa