Andy's ranking - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-15-2005, 08:10 PM   #46
country flag shyscots25

shyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrew's ranking

hopefully he will rise again next week, but by how much? It will get tougher but he has made tremendous progress this season!!!

Have we ever had a british (scottish) junior who burst onto the professional circuit like this??

Thats why we are all mad for him to keep his progress going, with a nice win against Dent tomorrow!!
shyscots25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2005, 08:15 PM   #47
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyscots25
Have we ever had a british (scottish) junior who burst onto the professional circuit like this??
Didnt Alex Boggo burst on the scene? If not i dont think we ever have had a player that has like Andy!

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:56 AM   #48
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:27 AM   #49
country flag shyscots25

shyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond reputeshyscots25 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but bogdanovic never did anything like Andy. His highest ranking has been 169. Its like comparing your average 3 quid bottle of cheap wine with a quality Moet. Andy is 10 times the player bogdanovic will ever be.

132 and rising. Its all in the balance how high he will go this season. A good cincinatti and us open and he could charge into the top 100 and then with progress after that might make it into the 70's or 80's by the end of the year which would be fantastic.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:13 PM   #50
country flag ClaycourtaZzZz.

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute

Don't expect that much! It's very hard to say how he'll do till end of the season.
It would be great if he can do 100 but I expect 110. I know it's possible but I don't think so. He's still young and didn't play that much on the pro level.

All youngsters

Murray Baghdatis Monfils JMDP Gasquet

Roger Federer, what an arrogant asshole.
ClaycourtaZzZz. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:56 AM   #51
country flag shyscots25

Where is he likely to be next week? Just into the top 120!!! He won't be a top 100 player by the US open, but with a bit of luck in the draw maybe afterwards.

Great progress again this week. He really has very few points to defend and any he does have can be matched and bettered by what he will gain in the remainder of the season!

Next year he will be playing more ATP tournaments as even his ranking will be enough to get him into some of the lesser ones and improved results and he will also get the WC's. It will be interesting to see how he handles the euro clay court season when he gets the chance...The early signs are that (like rusedski to some extent) he could be a player who picks up a lot of points on the north american hard court circuit. It really does seem as if there won't be many surfaces where he struggles. Perhaps indoor but then maybe not as he does like the high bounce to attack his returns!...

120 would be great! Let's just hope for a WC for US Open!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:31 PM   #52
country flag kundalini

kundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond reputekundalini has a reputation beyond repute

No wildcard (says Mark Petchey on Sky last night)

But if you look at Andy's results and the points he has to defend early next year, he is likely to reach no 50 or better by the time of Roland Garros, simply because he will rise with every victory he achieves.

Dodgy2801 (a contributor on another message board) did a calculation of Andy's approx ranking based on form since Queens and it places Andy around number 60 in the world.
kundalini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:52 PM   #53
country flag shyscots25

Yeah that sounds about right to me. While he is still "fresh" on the tour all he can really do is gain points, and the more the better. It will be the season after next before he really has to start holding onto ranking points gained in previous years, but then again next year he will be playing more (though not all) ATP tournaments and realistically should be improving year on year the next few years if everything has gone to plan. I was looking at his results and apart from some average performances in challengers and future tournaments at the start of the year he really has a great record. Apart from barcelona where he lost in 3 sets to Hernych he has always made the second round (or better!) of all the ATP events he has been in. He also made the 3 rd round of Wimbledon which was a fine debut, and with a bit more fitness would have beaten Nalbandian. His worst recent result on the challenger tour is two quarter finals. All in all Andy's year has been absolutely tremendous. If the worst results since he really burst onto the scene is the first round of ATP in barcelona, and two challenger quarters then things are really good. He is 7-6 on the ATP now and 14-2 on the challenger circuit, so that really speaks for itself.

All the significant progress is still to come but whatever happens in the next few weeks Andy can be proud of what he has achieved in the last few months. Watching the games he has played he is clearly a match for most of the players 20+ and AT HIS VERY BEST would give some of the players in the top 20 a very hard match. His ranking may be 132 but in terms of ability he is much higher than that!
Old 08-21-2005, 11:41 PM   #54
country flag stuey87

stuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond reputestuey87 has a reputation beyond repute

As of the 22nd of August he's up to 122 , notably 18 places above poor Mardy Fish now the Olympics have dropped off!
Brown, Brands, Tsonga
stuey87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:50 PM   #55
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12

Last edited by tennisgirl19 : 08-21-2005 at 11:53 PM.
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:46 AM   #56
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey87
As of the 22nd of August he's up to 122 , notably 18 places above poor Mardy Fish now the Olympics have dropped off!
Andy... Mardy

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #57
country flag j-dawg-23

j-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond reputej-dawg-23 has a reputation beyond repute

Andy's making good progress - if he keeps rising at this rate (and i see no reason why he shouldn't) then be in the top 100 before long.
j-dawg-23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:36 PM   #58
country flag musefanatic

Location: In Monaco harbour waiting for next week's GP with a drunken Kimi
musefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond reputemusefanatic has a reputation beyond repute

Yay Andy! Roll on top 100!!!

15 wins- 14 poles- 456 points

Murray HenmanNieminen Ferrero Federer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_M View Post
oh then i come to share the bed
musefanatic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 08:58 PM   #59
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute

15 points for qualifying + 5 for 1st round loss. But I don't know what points he has to defend (from his 18th tourney, or last August's Futures). I shouldn't think it's many. 12 or less, I would think. A second round appearance (35 + 15 points) would see him hovering just outside the top 100, and a third round (75 + 15) would put him inside the top 100.

Last edited by pesto : 08-22-2005 at 09:07 PM.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #60
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know when the new ATP rankings come out? Their site is still showing 29 August.

Do they perhaps not bother when it is in the middle of a 2-week tournament?
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote