Let's cheer for Andy at Newport a great chance to win his 1. title!!!/Vote! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How well will he do?

Lose in early rounds 2 14.29%
QF 6 42.86%
SF 3 21.43%
RU 1 7.14%
Win 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #31
england_rules

england_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond reputeengland_rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's cheer for Andy at Newport a great chance to win his 1. title!!!/Vote!

He leads 64 32!
england_rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 PM   #32
country flag up!

up! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's cheer for Andy at Newport a great chance to win his 1. title!!!/Vote!

come on Andrew!
up! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:56 PM   #33
country flag up!

up! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond reputeup! has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew won 6/4 7/5
Old 07-05-2005, 06:07 PM   #34
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

WOW i am impressed

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:11 PM   #35
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Andy Great start to the tournament
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #36
country flag tennisgirl19

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!
I was following it on livescores!!

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Proud passenger of the " Murray-Mount " Seat #12
tennisgirl19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 08:51 PM   #37

tennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond reputetennisgirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Murray eases to win over Carraz

Andy Murray continued his impressive run of form with victory over France's Gregory Carraz at the Hall of Fame Championships in Rhode Island.
The 18-year-old Scot, who got a wild card after reaching the third round at Wimbledon, came through 6-4 7-5.

Murray beat the world number 126 in only his eighth match at the senior level of men's tennis, and goes on to face James Blake or Antony Dupuis next.

Defending champion Greg Rusedski takes on Italian Uros Vico later on Tuesday.

"I know a lot of people were expecting me to win, but it's not as easy as that," said the 18-year-old Scot.

"The guy's a very good player, for me to win against him is one of the biggest victories of my life.

"It's very difficult to play on these courts and it's been quite windy so I was happy that I won."

The Scottish teenager eased through the opener, facing just one break-point on his service game.

But he had to wait until the final game of the second to break his opponent to advance in one hour and 24 minutes.

It is his fifth win in eight ATP Tour matches - he lost his first against Jan Hernych in Barcelona in April.

He then made a major impact by upsetting Santiago Ventura and Taylor Dent at Queen's Club, before going down to Thomas Johansson in three sets.

The Scot followed up with impressive wins over George Bastl and Radek Stepanek at Wimbledon, before a dramatic defeat to David Nalbandian.

His efforts at the All England Club lifted him 99 places to 213th in the latest ATP rankings.

Carlos Moya, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Robredo, Mario Ancic, Bob and Mike Bryan, David Ferrer, Marat Safin, Andrew Murray, Edouard Roger-Vasselin, Julien Benneateau, Nicolas Mahut, Eric Chvojka y Feliciano Lopez

Old 07-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #38

Murray Finds More Success on Grass

Eighteen-year-old Scotsman Andrew Murray , who revved up British fans at Wimbledon with a third round appearance two weeks ago, was a first round winner in Newport today. Murray gained entry as a wild card and found more success on the grass as he defeated Frenchman Gregory Carraz 6-4, 7-5 in one hour, twenty-four minutes.

There were two breaks of serve in the match, with Murray breaking Carraz to end each set. Murray saved all three break points he faced and converted on two of the six he held.

In the seventh game of the second set, Murray trailed 15-40, but saved both break chances to rally and claim the game. He didn't get a shot to break Carraz until the 12th and final game of the set, and converted the win on his second match point. Murray had four aces and two double faults while Carraz had four aces and five double faults.

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:

Murray: "It was ok. I was happy that I won. It's very difficult to play on these courts. You can't really get into any rhythm, you just have to concentrate on holding serve. I did that pretty well. I thought I returned pretty well the whole match."

"It's quite windy today. I had a few chances on his service game and they ball just bounced over my racquet where on all the other points the ball was coming low. It was really difficult, you didn't know what to expect."

"I know a lot of people we're expecting me to win, but it's not as easy as that. The guy's a very good player, for me to win against him is one of the biggest wins of my life. I know everybody's saying that I should be playing Greg (Rusedski) in the quarters, but I just have to take it one match at a time because I'm not used to playing at this level consistently."

On potentially playing James Blake in the second round: "I practiced with him yesterday. He's a very good player, one of the best athletes on tour. He's starting to play well again. He's got a very good forehand and he serves pretty well, so it will be a very difficult match.

I know that there's a thread for aticles, but since this dealt with Newport figured I would post it there. Hope you don't mind.

Old 07-06-2005, 07:52 AM   #39
country flag up!

He will play his second round against Anthony Dupuis who beat Blake 6/2 6/4. Hopefully Andrew can do it.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #40
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

good win! and since poor james lost, i'll be supporting him alll the way
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 AM   #41
country flag up!

Centre Court
Matches Start At: 11:00 AM
Karol KUCERA (SVK) vs Vincent SPADEA (USA)
followed by
Taylor DENT (USA) vs Wesley MOODIE (RSA)
followed by
Andrew MURRAY (GBR) vs Antony DUPUIS (FRA)
followed by
Greg RUSEDSKI (GBR) vs Robin VIK (CZE)
Old 07-06-2005, 09:23 AM   #42
country flag Dragan

Dragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond reputeDragan has a reputation beyond repute

how long before his ankle hurts, his socks are bothering him or he broke a finger nail? I am sure Mr Wild Card has a new excuse lined up for the next defeat.
Dragan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:50 AM   #43

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

Wow lets go Andy...CMON 1 more win please!!!

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Old 07-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #44
country flag ClaycourtaZzZz.

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Andy!!! Good luck!!!
Where can I follow the livescore? any link?

thx

All youngsters

Murray Baghdatis Monfils JMDP Gasquet

Roger Federer, what an arrogant asshole.
ClaycourtaZzZz. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #45

live scores from newport is very hard to come by..try the newport forum!!

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson