The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-05-2006, 02:32 PM   #76
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot Volandri and Tursunov as well.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 03:17 PM   #77
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster View Post
*updated for March victories - Cousin Vinny finally gets on the board after a 10-year career, Federer is the first successful defender of Dubai and Moya racks up a second title from four finals this year*
Can you add Rod Laver?
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:12 AM   #78
country flag Scott_tennis

Scott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

Some comments on the Connors list:

1. In 1973 Quebec was held after LA, so the order of those two should be reversed.

2. I have also listings of the following "non-ATP tour" titles for Connors:
1/23/72 Roanoke (d Zednik in F)
6/8/74 Manchester (d Collins in F)
11/20/77 WCT Las Vegas (d Tanner in F); this event was separate from the Alan King Las Vegas event already on the list
6/10/78 Beckenham (d Smith in F)
2/25/79 WCT Puerto Rico (d Gerulaitis in F)
I would imagine that 4 of these 5 events make up the gap from 105 to 109 career titles. I am not sure which of the five would be considered as an "exhibition" or would otherwise not count towards the overall total.

3. While most of the Connors wins are from the ATP, Grand Prix or WCT tours, I believe the following 21 titles can be attributed to the USLTA/USTA/IPA Bill Riordan winter indoor circuit: 72- Jacksonville, Roanoke, 73- Baltimore, Roanoke, Salt Lake, Salisbury, Hampton, Paramus, 74- Roanoke, Little Rock, Birmingham, Salisbury, Hampton, Salt Lake City, Tempe, 75- Birmingham, Salisbury, Boca, Hampton, 76- Birmingham, Hampton.
Scott_tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:21 AM   #79

Scott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond reputeScott_tennis has a reputation beyond repute

I have the following suggested additions for the Rod Laver list:

1968: He also won pro events in Buenos Aires, Wembley (2x), New York, US Pro (Boston), French Pro, Corpus Christi, Sao Paulo and La Paz

1969: In addition to the 5 mentioned titles he also won Orlando pro, LA pro, S African, Anaheim pro, Madison Square Garden pro, Wembley, US Pro (Boston), St Louis pro, Binghamton pro, Ft Worth pro, Baltimore, London and Madrid

1970: In addition to the 7 mentioned titles he also won WCT Sydney, SOuth African open, WCT FT Worth, WCT Vancouver, Wembley and the TCC in New York.

1971: He won the TCC again
Old 10-06-2006, 03:27 AM   #80

Ken Rosewall and John Newcombe should also appear on this least, as each of them had 25+ career titles in the open era.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:22 AM   #81

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_tennis View Post
Some comments on the Connors list:

1. In 1973 Quebec was held after LA, so the order of those two should be reversed.

2. I have also listings of the following "non-ATP tour" titles for Connors:
1/23/72 Roanoke (d Zednik in F)
6/8/74 Manchester (d Collins in F)
11/20/77 WCT Las Vegas (d Tanner in F); this event was separate from the Alan King Las Vegas event already on the list
6/10/78 Beckenham (d Smith in F)
2/25/79 WCT Puerto Rico (d Gerulaitis in F)
I would imagine that 4 of these 5 events make up the gap from 105 to 109 career titles. I am not sure which of the five would be considered as an "exhibition" or would otherwise not count towards the overall total.

3. While most of the Connors wins are from the ATP, Grand Prix or WCT tours, I believe the following 21 titles can be attributed to the USLTA/USTA/IPA Bill Riordan winter indoor circuit: 72- Jacksonville, Roanoke, 73- Baltimore, Roanoke, Salt Lake, Salisbury, Hampton, Paramus, 74- Roanoke, Little Rock, Birmingham, Salisbury, Hampton, Salt Lake City, Tempe, 75- Birmingham, Salisbury, Boca, Hampton, 76- Birmingham, Hampton.

I think only show ITF/ATP recognized title.

Now, FedCow's record is 42

Last edited by TennisGrandSlam : 10-08-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:21 AM   #82
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

Gottfried with 25 titles has no slams...
that is the one.
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:58 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escude View Post
Gottfried with 25 titles has no slams...
that is the one.
Brain Gottfried - Most singles titles w/ Slam :25

Guillermo Vilas - Most singles titles w/ NO. 1 ranking : 62

Thomas Muster - Most singles titles of One Slam Wonder : 44

Last edited by TennisGrandSlam : 08-01-2007 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #84
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Not a big fan of his, but you forgot Patrick McEnroe's sole title: 1995 Sydney outdoor!
Old 10-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #85
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

This is by no means a finished piece of work even when talking about retired players.... I just have to find the time and the effort to look up all the winners on the ATP results archive.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:01 AM   #86
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster View Post
This is by no means a finished piece of work even when talking about retired players.... I just have to find the time and the effort to look up all the winners on the ATP results archive.
Okay, I find it a very useful thread, though!
If I stumble upon more omissions, I'll let you know!
Old 10-29-2006, 10:26 PM   #87
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Please, add Basel title to Roger's record.

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:21 AM   #88
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Great statistics but some players aren't bold.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:43 AM   #89

Was Edberg's Australian Open 1987 title in Grass?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #90

Also, you should add Rosewall

SINGLES CAREER TITLES since open era (25) :

1968--Roland Garros
1970--Cincinnati, US Open
1971--Australian Open, Boston WCT, Dallas, Newport, Vancouver WCT, Washington WTC
1972--Australian Open, Brisbane, Charlotte WCT, Dallas WCT, Miami WCT
1973--Charlotte WCT, Cleveland WCT, Houston WCT, Osaka, Tokyo
1975--Gstaad, Houston, Jackson
1976--Hong Kong, Jackson WCT
1977--Hong Kong