The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2005, 02:36 AM   #46
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

*bump*

Surface is now indicated for players with a large number of titles, and yes it was as hard as it looks.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #47
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

Great topic Sjengster!!
I remember once you had a statistic countrywise in an other Forum do you run that still too?
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #48
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was on the other board, and I think it was for active players only - I'll post an updated version here.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:45 AM   #49
country flag gvhvhg

gvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond repute

great stuff Sjengster!!! I couldn't see Vijay Amritraj on the list. How many does he have?
gvhvhg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #50
country flag gvhvhg

gvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond reputegvhvhg has a reputation beyond repute

Vijay won 16 titles
gvhvhg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:22 PM   #51
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute

nice stats Sjenster, cheers. I am shocked to see that Pioline only got 5 titles.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:07 AM   #52
country flag Sjengster

Thanks for mentioning Amritraj, I always manage to forget a significant player somewhere along the line. Updated now. The man gets respect from me for winning on all surfaces and appearing in my favourite Bond film...

Old 10-16-2005, 04:34 PM   #53
country flag Sjengster

*bump*

Blake, Ljubo and Andreev all claim title #3 within hours of each other.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:48 PM   #54
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
Yes, I was thinking of putting them down as well, but all the websites I've seen only list the official ATP tournaments that they won, and if you only count them then their total number of titles is substantially lower. If you only counted Connors' ATP titles, he would have something like 70 titles, not the huge figure of 109 that he actually holds. And if I'm right, Lendl has by far the biggest number of ATP titles, 94 in total, including one particularly good year in 1982 when he won an amazing 15 tournaments.
I believe Connors would have 65 titles from the ATP. I read that somewhere. I actually forget the name of the tour Connors played on outside of the ATP. Lendl is truely godlike with 94 ATP titles. Love the thread. I hope you keep updating it from time to time.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #55
country flag Sjengster

I've been updating it for over two and a half years, if anyone's noticed!

Old 10-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #56
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I've been noticing and I hope you keep it up. I look forward to you adding RG to Roger's list next year.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:29 AM   #57
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I believe Connors would have 65 titles from the ATP. I read that somewhere. I actually forget the name of the tour Connors played on outside of the ATP. Lendl is truely godlike with 94 ATP titles. Love the thread. I hope you keep updating it from time to time.
A lot of the players in the ealry 70's had boosted title totals because there were two different tours at the time. You had some players play exclusively or almost exclusively on the aTP tour and there were the WCT events. This allowed for more than one player to have big title totals.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:31 AM   #58
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure if this is your intent or not but there is a huge list of players who have won 1 title. Do you want to include all of them?
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:00 PM   #59
country flag Sjengster

I'm planning to get round to all of them, but I'm sure you'll appreciate that it's a mammoth task.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:00 AM   #60
country flag TennisGrandSlam

TennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond reputeTennisGrandSlam has a reputation beyond repute

ATP official pages says that Borg has 61 Singles titles?

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/...yernumber=B058

SINGLES CAREER TITLES (61): 1974--Adelaide, Bastad, Boston, London WCT, Roland Garros, Rome, Sao Paulo WCT; 1975--Barcelona, Bologna WCT, Boston, Richmond-WCT, Roland Garros; 1976--Boston, Dallas WCT, Dusseldorf, Sao Paulo WCT, Toronto Indoor WCT, Wimbledon; 1977--Barcelona, Basel, Cologne, Denver, Madrid, Memphis, Monte Carlo WCT, Nice, Pepsi Grand Slam, Wembley, Wimbledon; 1978--Bastad, Birmingham WCT, Las Vegas, Milan WCT, Pepsi Grand Slam, Roland Garros, Rome, Tokyo Indoor, Wimbledon; 1979--Bastad, Las Vegas, Masters, Monte Carlo, Montreal / Toronto, Palermo, Pepsi Grand Slam, Richmond WCT, Roland Garros, Rotterdam, Tokyo Indoor, Wimbledon; 1980--Las Vegas, Masters, Monte Carlo, Nice, Pepsi Grand Slam, Roland Garros, Stockholm, Wimbledon; 1981--Geneva, Roland Garros, Stuttgart Outdoor
TennisGrandSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote