The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-17-2004, 09:46 PM   #16
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

*updated to include a double success for the Dominator and Hewitt's 20th career title, tying him with fellow baseline grinder Brad Gilbert - is it too early to say that he is easily the most successful of the New Balls?*

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2004, 11:24 PM   #17
country flag SaFed2005

SaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond reputeSaFed2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
*is it too early to say that he is easily the most successful of the New Balls?*

Great List
Yeah i think it's to early to say he's the most succesful of the new balls... Mnay ohters better than him at this point... Like Federer, Roddick, Ferrero, Nalbandian and so on...
SaFed2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 06:39 PM   #18
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Yes, but in terms of career achievements he is easily the most successful - success does not equal present quality. Let's wait until one of the three players out of the four you mentioned wins this AO, then they'll be close - in fact, only Ferrero might actually surpass Hewitt in overall career achievement if he takes the title, given that he has been to no. 1 before and has more TMS titles.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #19
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Quote:
Yes, but in terms of career achievements he is easily the most successful - success does not equal present quality. Let's wait until one of the three players out of the four you mentioned wins this AO, then they'll be close - in fact, only Ferrero might actually surpass Hewitt in overall career achievement if he takes the title, given that he has been to no. 1 before and has more TMS titles.
I wouldn't think so. Hewitt still has won two TMC's (bigger than TMS) and ended two years at #1. That plus his higher titles count still would give him a significant lead over Ferrero.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:50 AM   #20
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ
Nice list to have around. Thanks Sjengster!

btw, think Andre will catch Pete in titles? It's certainly mathematically possible, but if he retires soon it won't happen...

Yes he definitely can. An extra exceptional year, or two good years should do it.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 12:24 AM   #21
country flag Sjengster

*updated for title number 12 and GS title number 2 for Federer - he's slowly gaining ground on Hewitt...*

Old 02-22-2004, 10:47 PM   #22
country flag Sjengster

*updated to include newest February wins - Hewitt's first European indoor title, in fact his first European title on a surface other than grass, Coria's revenge over Moya in Buenos Aires and title no. 1 for Johansson the Younger*

Old 02-23-2004, 04:28 PM   #23
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
*updated to include newest February wins - Hewitt's first European indoor title, in fact his first European title on a surface other than grass, Coria's revenge over Moya in Buenos Aires and title no. 1 for Johansson the Younger*
Now that's an interesting fact, Sjengst... I was hoping Juanqui w take that title... a good one!!

Thanks for the update.

Más vale mańa que fuerza -- proverbio espańol
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 11:29 AM   #24
dagmar7

dagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond reputedagmar7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the list and the updates--very convenient to have the information easily available.

A small correction: Wayne Ferreira has 15 titles. You are missing L.A. 2003.
dagmar7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 10:51 PM   #25
country flag Sjengster

Default Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Why, I never realised - thanks for the information. It's corrected.

Old 02-27-2004, 06:52 PM   #26
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Great Big Super-Duper Title Resource Thread

Sjengster, you listed 19 titles for Guga but the number there is 18.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:58 PM   #27
country flag Sjengster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Sjengster, you listed 19 titles for Guga but the number there is 18.
Other way round, I think you'll find. Anyway, it's been changed. Anyone got any more, huh?

Old 02-27-2004, 09:01 PM   #28
country flag Sjengster

Actually, I just realised that your way of putting it amounts to the same thing - basically, I'm quibbling over semantics. However you say it, I had Kuerten with 18 titles and then listed 19 afterwards, so it's been fixed. Phew!

Old 03-01-2004, 01:00 PM   #29
country flag Sjengster

*updated to include a second home title for Kuerten that takes him to the big 20, and a third win of the year for Hrbaty - in the space of two months, he's doubled his career titles*

Old 03-07-2004, 09:15 PM   #30
country flag Sjengster

*updated for March victories - Cousin Vinny finally gets on the board after a 10-year career, Federer is the first successful defender of Dubai and Moya racks up a second title from four finals this year*