Juan Martín del Potro Cheering/Tournaments 2006 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #31
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan Martín del Potro Cheering Thread

the shortest sum-up is "Nalbandian with service" but he makes lot of UE... which can be avoided if he had more experience of course - he does have a fighting nature, but should focus more on game. I hope he has or will get pretty soon a good team to work wih him on those elements. He admires Safin and Hewitt and really plays quite similar... he can be like them in future, but there's another possibility he'll be something between Gonzo (with closing eyes and playing forehand) and Acasuso (with his strange attitude to tennis). When I asked Chela in Szczecin, he couldn't give a direct answer if JMDP will ever reach the top ten. He said smth like "you never know, he's really too young to predict. everything can happen".
there were already many young guys that Argentina linked the hope with... like world No1 in juniors Brian Dabul (born in 1984 so still young!), like Edgardo "injured forever" Massa etc etc etc.

i've got a feeling NOW it'll work out

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #32
country flag Pixie

Pixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nathaliia. It's seems to be a little like Gasquet two or three years before if I do understand : big potential but perhaps he'll need time to use it the good way...About what told Chela, I think it's the right thing to say : he puts less pressure on the youngster and of course we never know how these brilliants "kids" are able to do the transition between junior/senior (a well-known problem for youngsters in France...but I think few of these were as promising, apart from Jerôme Inzerillo nowadays).

I hope he will play the main draw in Roland Garros 2006...and I think he'll do, but wait and see
Pixie is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #33
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie
Thanks Nathaliia. It's seems to be a little like Gasquet two or three years before if I do understand : big potential but perhaps he'll need time to use it the good way...About what told Chela, I think it's the right thing to say : he puts less pressure on the youngster and of course we never know how these brilliants "kids" are able to do the transition between junior/senior (a well-known problem for youngsters in France...but I think few of these were as promising, apart from Jérôme Inzerillo nowadays).

I hope he will play the main draw in Roland Garros 2006...and I think he'll do, but wait and see
A curse you mean!
At least JMDP is having solid wins in Challengers and Futures among the seniors if you know what i mean...
I'd really like to be able to see him play but some ppl who did told me they were really impressed by him. So i trust them. They said something like he "moved really well" on the court...
delsa is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-16-2005, 06:20 AM   #34
country flag Pixie

Pixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond reputePixie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
At least JMDP is having solid wins in Challengers and Futures among the seniors if you know what i mean...
That's why my comparison with young french isn't very good JMDP seems to improve his game very quick : he hasn't made extraordinary things in the juniors in the last 12 months (of course it's relative) like Young against whom he was losing last december...but today I'd really like to know the result of a new confrontation...
Old 10-16-2005, 03:59 PM   #35
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

jmdp shouldnt play any juniors events. it's like moving backwards. i guess he'd even lose some matches against top juniors, maybe against ryan sweeting, but it's different game. he should look up to new season between seniors only. and i repeat once again, he needs a great team if he wants to move to the top quickly instead of stucking around 150th or getting into top 100 and once reaching 15-20th, and then falling & stucking around 50-70th.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:30 PM   #36
country flag Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia
jmdp shouldnt play any juniors events. it's like moving backwards. i guess he'd even lose some matches against top juniors, maybe against ryan sweeting, but it's different game. he should look up to new season between seniors only. and i repeat once again, he needs a great team if he wants to move to the top quickly instead of stucking around 150th or getting into top 100 and once reaching 15-20th, and then falling & stucking around 50-70th.
I totally agree with you...I was talking about an eventual match on the senior circuit
Old 10-18-2005, 12:34 PM   #37
country flag Nathaliia

so looks like now we're in Bogota.
1st round Juan Martin def. Santiago Gonzalez (MEX) 6/4 6/3

in next round he'll play local hope (and my hope... but not in that match!) Santiago Giraldo (WC) who defeated the no3 seed Boris Pashanski. to me it looks like a three setter but in spite of me supporting both youngsters, i hope for result similar to the one from junior RG 2005 lol i remember i was learning constitution law to my exam and Marcel was livescoring that match to my mobile

Old 10-19-2005, 06:05 AM   #38
country flag Pixie

Quote:
in next round he'll play local hope (and my hope... but not in that match!) Santiago Giraldo (WC) who defeated the no3 seed Boris Pashanski. to me it looks like a three setter but in spite of me supporting both youngsters, i hope for result similar to the one from junior RG 2005 lol i remember i was learning constitution law to my exam and Marcel was livescoring that match to my mobile
I bet a two setter for JMDP. RG is a very difficult period every year for the studies...and I can understand you pretty well as I am a law student too
Old 10-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #39
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
I bet a two setter for JMDP. RG is a very difficult period every year for the studies...and I can understand you pretty well as I am a law student too
yeaaah from the middle of december and esp. whole january is one big getting grades from exercises in winter period (seeyou Aussie O) and first 2 weeks of February we have big exams (of course they must hold a challenger in my uni city that time).
may is a beautiful month when you get grades from exercises in summer period, when you want to go to pre-dates if you're a good student and when they have RG. i watched only 2 sets (Chucho vs Roddick) of all RG 2005 on that one day i was at home. june is full of exams and Wimbledon.
that's why i watched kinda 90% of matches at us open shown on eurosport.

where do you study? Paris?

Old 10-19-2005, 10:48 AM   #40
country flag Pixie

Quote:

where do you study? Paris?
well I hope you know a little bit France...because I've studied 3 years at Le Havre (normandy) (one class repeated because of parties and music), 3 years at Lille (north) and I'm finishing this year at Rennes (Brittany)...like tennismen, I move a lot .

At the moment, I shouldn't speak to you because of really importants exams but I'm just fed up with it sometimes so...

Before someone do that I say , but as you wrote before, it seems that you are the moderator of this thread
Old 10-19-2005, 11:34 AM   #41
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Juan Martin has been invited to play in the big exhibition tournament, Copa Argentina de Tenis, in December. It will be a great opportunity for him to play with some of the big stars like Guga - Good Luck Juan Martin Here is the full list of players:-

Mariano Puerta
David Nalbandian
Gastón Gaudio
Juan Ignacio Chela
Juan Monaco
José Acasuso
Guillermo Cañas
Agustín Calleri
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
Mariano Zabaleta
Franco Squillari
Gustavo Kuerten

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #42
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
well I hope you know a little bit France...because I've studied 3 years at Le Havre (normandy) (one class repeated because of parties and music), 3 years at Lille (north) and I'm finishing this year at Rennes (Brittany)...like tennismen, I move a lot .

At the moment, I shouldn't speak to you because of really importants exams but I'm just fed up with it sometimes so...

Before someone do that I say , but as you wrote before, it seems that you are the moderator of this thread
ohh me asking about Paris might sound a bit silly, sure i know there are other places in France as well but this year in Paris i saw 2 universities buildings so i thought maybe you study in one of them. i've never been to Le Havre, Lille or Rennes but i know where to locate them on map and i know the football clubs from these cities.

so you're an experienced student i started my 2nd year... so everything before me - even to get fed up with it. we have 5 years of law studies in Poland. i've just finished classes for today. tomorrow i have only 1 lecture (small criminals law? geez how to translate it )

i think we're not making an off-topic b'cause as long as JMDP doesn't have his own forum and i guess it won't happen fast, the others have a chance to get known the JMDP supporters , and i think there are many threads for players with real off-topic stuff. and no i'm not a moderator... but i think everything's under control so far!

kindest greetings, have a nice day and good luck to Juan Martin today!
N.

Last edited by Nathaliia : 10-19-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:29 PM   #43
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Juan Martin has been invited to play in the big exhibition tournament, Copa Argentina de Tenis, in December. It will be a great opportunity for him to play with some of the big stars like Guga - Good Luck Juan Martin Here is the full list of players:-

Mariano Puerta
David Nalbandian
Gastón Gaudio
Juan Ignacio Chela
Juan Monaco
José Acasuso
Guillermo Cañas
Agustín Calleri
JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
Mariano Zabaleta
Franco Squillari
Gustavo Kuerten
wow the field is so strong! but will Mariano Zabaleta be able to play after surgery? Guillermo Cańas will be allowed to play? Guga is specially invited i guess... hmm
possible winning few sets against stars like Gaudio or Nalbandian would surely make JMDP more confident and it's gonna be a good lesson!

Old 10-19-2005, 02:11 PM   #44
country flag Pixie

Quote:
ohh me asking about Paris might sound a bit silly, sure i know there are other places in France as well but this year in Paris i saw 2 universities buildings so i thought maybe you study in one of them. i've never been to Le Havre, Lille or Rennes but i know where to locate them on map and i know the football clubs from these cities.

i think we're not making an off-topic b'cause as long as JMDP doesn't have his own forum and i guess it won't happen fast, the others have a chance to get known the JMDP supporters , and i think there are many threads for players with real off-topic stuff. and no i'm not a moderator... but i think everything's under control so far!
Don't think you're silly, I didn't even know about these 2 universities. Perhaps you know better France than I actually

About the off topic, I have to get used to MTF's style because I usually go on Gasquet's site where we don't do much off topic

OMG i really have to try to work mpy exams now...

Last edited by Pixie : 10-19-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:34 PM   #45
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wow the field is so strong! but will Mariano Zabaleta be able to play after surgery? Guillermo Cańas will be allowed to play? Guga is specially invited i guess... hmm
possible winning few sets against stars like Gaudio or Nalbandian would surely make JMDP more confident and it's gonna be a good lesson!
I don't know about Zabaleta - but I guess Cañas will be allowed to play because it's an exhibition, not an ATP tourney, so they can include who they like And - yes - Guga had some kind of special invitation I believe. It would certainly be a great event to attend - if it wasn't on the other side of the world for me of course! I've just come back from a week in Stockholm and a weekend at the Madrid quallies so that's all my tennis travels til next year. Don't work too hard people - so glad my Uni days are behind me now

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread