Andy, Articles and news - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 AM   #301
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy, Articles and news

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/spor...39s.6030229.jp

Quote:
Roger Federer says Andy Murray's tears fitting of a future champion

Published Date: 01 February 2010

By Alix Ramsay

OF ALL the aspects of Andy Murray's performance in the Australian Open final that will be mulled over, dissected and deconstructed, Roger Federer believes that it was the Scot's tears that were the most important.

"That showed me how much he cares," Federer said to the Swiss reporters. "It shows how much the grand slams mean to him and how much he wants it. That was good to see."

What was also good for the Swiss to see was Murray's final backhand sinking into the net at the end of the third set tiebreak. Before the match, Murray had claimed that Federer, for all his records and trophies, had become vulnerable in five set finals. He is a fantastic front runner, but if the match goes the distance, Federer has started to look frail in the fifth set. He ran out of ideas against Rafael Nadal in the Melbourne final last year and did the same against Juan Martin Del Potro at the US Open last September. So when Federer hesitated in the tiebreak and let a stunning Murray winner fly by him on his second match point, he was worried.

As Federer explained: "I choose to drop shot, which had been working very well and wondered: to take it, don't take it, and it was too late. After that drop shot, I thought 'oh my God, I'm going to see myself in the fifth set, not winning the title' so it was great coming out of that breaker."

It showed just how close Murray is to winning his first grand slam trophy. Federer – who, despite yesterday's victory, still has a losing record against the Scot – is sure that Murray will win, and win soon.

"He's a wonderful mover, tactician, great backhand," Federer said. "He has got everything you need to beat the best and to win big tournaments. You know, sometimes it just doesn't happen when you want. Sometimes it all of a sudden happens without you knowing that it did."

The trouble is that Murray has been waiting to win a major for years. He has worked himself into the ground to become fitter and stronger, he has added new dimensions to his game to find ways to beat the men at the top. Every part of his life is geared to winning one of the titles that matter and he is impatient to prove that he can do it.

"I'm hungry to win one," he said. "I have been since I was 16, 17 years old when I started playing the junior Grand Slams. I realised then that I wanted to win one of them.

"I worked really, really hard to try to do it and give myself the opportunity. So far it's not been good enough. But I'm sure that one day it will be. When it comes, maybe because of the two losses, it will be even better.

"I'm obviously very disappointed, but I think I'm getting closer and I'm playing better. I just spoke with my mum just now about this: to have the opportunity to play in these tournaments, in these matches, is pretty incredible in the grand scheme of things. Obviously I'm getting closer – my results in the grand slams would show that. I've just got to keep working hard. Getting to a second slam final, you know, it's a great achievement. So I've got to be proud of that."

He also had good cause to feel proud of his performance. He had chances in the first set, knows where he went wrong in the second and almost took the third. By the third set tiebreaker both he and Federer were playing out of their skins.

"I didn't serve well in the first set but I served pretty well after that," Murray said. "I thought it was a high-standard match. The second set I just wasn't particularly happy with but the rest was pretty good. Obviously I need to improve, and try and make my game better for these situations."

In defeat Murray has gained confidence, after being beaten in straight sets by Federer in the 2008 US Open final.

"Tonight's match was a lot closer than the one at Flushing Meadows," the Scot added. "I had chances at the end of the match. It's just the second set that didn't go my way, not that any of them went my way, but obviously I felt like I had opportunities in the rest of them."

For Federer, his 16th grand slam trophy – and his first as a father – made him proud and happy.

However, the world No1 knows that Murray is improving and he is closing in on victory at a grand slam, be it Wimbledon, the US Open or back in Melbourne next year.

"His game is so good that I'm convinced he will win one," Federer said. "And I thought he did really well tonight because conditions were tough. I mean, I think I played a great match. So someone's got to win, and I'm happy it was me."

Happy, but not half as happy as Murray will be when he finally gets his hands on a grand slam trophy.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #302
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Murray: Absent à Monte Carlo ?

Andy Murray envisage de zapper le Master 1000 de Monte Carlo afin de peaufiner sa préparation sur terre-battue.

"J'ai fait attention de ne pas trop jouer en début d'année parce que la saison sur terre-battue précédant Wimbledon est très éprouvante. Monte Carlo ne fera pas partie de mon programme si les choses se passent bien à Miami. Je veux m'assurer de disposer de deux semaines pour me préparer avant de jouer mon premier tournoi sur terre. L'année passée j'avais seulement eu 4 ou 5 jours pour m'entraîner sur terre et j'ai besoin d'apprendre plein de choses sur cette surface. Je débuterai peut-être ma saison sur terre-battue à Barcelone (19 avril)."

Source: http://www.welovetennis.fr/andy-murr...-a-monte-carlo

You have to be careful, though. The source is not always reliable, but I felt you might be interested.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #303
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Margareta!

Google translation

Andy Murray is planning to zap the Masters 1000 Monte Carlo to refine its preparation on clay courts.

Quote:
"I was careful not to play too early in the year because the season on clay courts before Wimbledon is very challenging. Monte Carlo will not be part of my program if things go well in Miami. I want sure to have two weeks to prepare myself before playing my first tournament on earth. Last year I only had 4 or 5 days to train on earth and I need to learn many things on this surface. I will begin, perhaps my season on clay courts in Barcelona (April 19). "

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #304
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'd heard this one from another source so it may well be true, I guess it will depend on Miami.

He is defending SF points from Monte Carlo though so it could be an interesting decision to skip it this year.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #305
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Monte Carlo is always the best preparation for RG as the courts are so similar, bit unusual if he does decide that.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #306
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

True but on the other hand Monte Carlo is so far away from Roland Garros timewise that you wonder how much of a real benefit it is - they go on that similar court then play in very different conditions in Rome and Madrid.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #307
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Andy's AO prep was perfect this year so Im sure his scheduling for RG and Wimbledon has been just as carefully thought out.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #308
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Andy Murray: Absent à Monte Carlo ?

Andy Murray envisage de zapper le Master 1000 de Monte Carlo afin de peaufiner sa préparation sur terre-battue.

"J'ai fait attention de ne pas trop jouer en début d'année parce que la saison sur terre-battue précédant Wimbledon est très éprouvante. Monte Carlo ne fera pas partie de mon programme si les choses se passent bien à Miami. Je veux m'assurer de disposer de deux semaines pour me préparer avant de jouer mon premier tournoi sur terre. L'année passée j'avais seulement eu 4 ou 5 jours pour m'entraîner sur terre et j'ai besoin d'apprendre plein de choses sur cette surface. Je débuterai peut-être ma saison sur terre-battue à Barcelone (19 avril)."

Source: http://www.welovetennis.fr/andy-murr...-a-monte-carlo
i guess you feel absolutely distraught that you won't be seeing Andy in Monte-Carlo, Margareta

as for myself, pleased because i'm definitely gonna see him in action in Barcelona.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #309
country flag tennis0216

tennis0216 is on a distinguished road

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Kim-Sears.html

Quote:

TENNIS ace Andy Murray has a secret date with his ex Kim Sears - just three months after they split.
Andy, 22, gave blonde student Kim, 21, a lingering kiss after a late breakfast of sausage sandwiches at a cafe.

A witness said: "They kissed each other as they said goodbye. It was a lingering kiss on the lips. A full-on snog, not a friend's kiss.

"He looked like he didn't want to be recognised. He had a hat and his coat pulled up round his chin."

The pair spent nearly an hour together at the cafe on Wimbledon Common, South West London.

Dunblane-born Andy was back in the UK after his recent defeat in the Australian Open final.

Kim, who is studying English at Brighton University, shared his £5million home in Oxshott, Surrey, until the 4½ year relationship ended in November.

A spokesman insisted they are not back together. He said they "remain close".

Last edited by tennis0216 : 02-22-2010 at 10:16 PM.
tennis0216 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #310
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Oh lord. Apparently people weren't thrilled with some of Andy's comments after his Dubai defeat.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...open-complaint

Quote:
Andy Murray may be punished after using Dubai Open for 'practice'

• Organisers complain to Murray's management company
• 'It wasn't really the place to be trying new tactics'

* Digg it
* Buzz up
* Share on facebook
* Tweet this

* Richard Jago in Dubai
* guardian.co.uk, Saturday 27 February 2010 18.40 GMT
* Article history

Andy Murray

Andy Murray admitted he experimented with new shots and tactics during an unexpected defeat at the Dubai Open. Photograph: Reuters

Andy Murray could yet land in trouble for his post-match remarks at the Dubai Open on Wednesday, following the tournament organisers' admission that they have sought an explanation from his management company, Entertainment 19.

Murray, who had already "disappointed" the title sponsors Barclays, has also caused the "concern" of the tournament for volunteering that he was trying new tactics and shot-making during a surprise second-round defeat to Janko Tipsarevic, the world No39.

"The stuff that I was doing in the matches is similar to what I'd be doing if I was training this week," said Murray, who is believed to have received about $400,000 (£26,000) appearance money.

The Barclays consultant John Beddington commented: "It's just unfortunate that remarks like these slip out. At least you know he's being honest. But possibly a more experienced player would think it, but wouldn't say it, for fear it would hurt the event."

Now the matter will go further, with Colm McLoughlin, the managing director of Dubai Duty Free, the tournament owners and organisers, admitting that he had spoken and written to Entertainment 19.

"They say that Andy's always very candid with the press," McLoughlin said. "We responded by saying we don't dispute that, but it wasn't really the place to be trying new tactics and we would love to see him clarify what he meant."

Even though Murray only said what other players appear to do but rarely admit, McLoughlin said he took the matter further because spectators expressed concern.

"It's a pity about the things he said, because I thought he played with commitment," McLoughlin said. "It did indicate that he wasn't really practised for the tournament and was experimenting with new things. It led a lot of people to think it was just a warm-up."

McLoughlin added that the Dubai Open would welcome Murray back next year provided he is still a top player. But, depending on what Murray's management company say, the controversy could yet end up before the ATP World Tour for disciplinary consideration.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #311
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

He does seem to be creating controversy at the moment, although of a storm in a teacup variety.

He might well have been trying new stuff out and been a bit unprepared compared to how he would be for slams and 1000s but they can hardly question his commitment, he was clearly trying to win the match.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #312
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
He does seem to be creating controversy at the moment, although of a storm in a teacup variety.

He might well have been trying new stuff out and been a bit unprepared compared to how he would be for slams and 1000s but they can hardly question his commitment, he was clearly trying to win the match.
Yeah I think they missed the part where he smashed his racquet to bits after match point.

But then again, he could just be acting.

The side pieces
The Bulgarian Headcase

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Old 02-27-2010, 10:36 PM   #313
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

He can experiment if he likes FFS its not as if he was joking around like an exho it was a tight 3 set match, of which he was disappointed in losing.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:51 AM   #314
country flag Jade Fox

Because this exactly what Andy needs right now: More DC Drama!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...yd-andy-murray

Quote:
Former Davis Cup captain John Lloyd tears into refusenik Andy Murray

• 'When is it not a privilege to play for your country?'
• 'The only way to get back to the top is with him in the team'

* Digg it
* Buzz up
* Share on facebook (1)
* Tweet this (13)

* Press Association
* guardian.co.uk, Sunday 21 March 2010 10.27 GMT
* Article history

John Lloyd

John Lloyd was forced to resign as Davis Cup captain after a humiliating defeat by Lithuania. Photograph: Lynne Cameron/PA

The fall-out from Great Britain's Davis Cup debacle continued yesterday when John Lloyd, who resigned as captain last week after the defeat by Lithuania, criticised the Lawn Tennis Association for not obliging Andy Murray to play for the team on a regular basis.

Lloyd left the job after the humiliating 3-2 defeat in Vilnius and he believes the team have no chance of returning to the top level in the Davis Cup without their star player.

Had Murray joined the emerging doubles pair of Colin Fleming and Ken Skupski, there is little doubt Britain would have won. In fact, with these three selected we would now be looking upwards instead of into the abyss with the play-off match against Turkey in July.

"Call me old-fashioned but when is it a convenience, and not a privilege, to play for your country?" Lloyd said. "I know Roger Federer, and other top players, pick and choose when to play in the Davis Cup. But does that make it right?

"If England's football team had failed to qualify for the World Cup, would it be OK for Wayne Rooney to turn round and say that he didn't think he'd bother playing for the international team until they had some proper matches or a team worthy of his time? Of course not.

"When did it come about that someone only played for their country when they had a good team? Yet the public seem to have accepted Andy should be playing only when the team are in the upper echelons of the competition.

"The reality is that the only way for Britain to get back to the World Group of the Davis Cup is with him in the team."

The former world No1, Rafael Nadal, who has not won a tournament since May, missed out on a place in the final of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells after going down in three sets to Ivan Ljubicic on Saturday. The Croatian, seeded 20th and now 31 years old, beat the third seed 3-6, 6-4, 7-6 in two hours 34 minutes in the semi-final.

"Probably the best I've ever played in my career," said Ljubicic, who has lost his three previous Masters Series finals and whose career has suffered a series of injury setbacks. "I enjoyed it, really. Great, great moment, and the fourth Masters final, four different Masters, so I hope this one is going to be finally the victory.

Ljubicic will now play Andy Roddick in the final after the American beat the fast-improving Swede Robin Soderling 6-4, 3-6, 6-3. Soderling beat Murray in straight sets in the quarter-finals and the Swede has been a revelation ever since he ended Nadal's dominance on clay in the French Open last year.

The side pieces
The Bulgarian Headcase

Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #315
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

I'm somewhat contemptuous of John Lloyd for turning around and doing this.