Friday Order of Play & Results - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2003, 11:55 AM   #31
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Rogi

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2003, 11:58 AM   #32
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca
I suppose that "because he's such a fine hunk of man meat", wouldn't be the appropriate answer?
LOL!

Philippoussis vs Schalken, when you compare their two games, looks like such a mismatch that you think Mark will sweep the Sjengster off court - and yet these are the two men that toiled for over five hours to produce that 20-18 final set at Wimbledon in 2000. I remember by the time it got to 14-14, someone in the crowd was shouting "Come on anybody!".

Schalken said afterwards that once he'd had a shower, he felt a little better about losing the match than he had when he went off court. All the BBC pundits then predicted that Philippoussis would be in no fit shape having played such a marathon five-setter to put up any real fight against Henman in the next round. What do they know?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 11:58 AM   #33
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

2-2 Come on Roger

Hopp Suisse!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:02 PM   #34
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

Gooo Roger goooo!!!
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:03 PM   #35
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

My scoreboard is very slow again. But okey, it's 3-2

Hopp Suisse!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:04 PM   #36
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Sjengster
Philippoussis vs Schalken, when you compare their two games, looks like such a mismatch that you think Mark will sweep the Sjengster off court - and yet these are the two men that toiled for over five hours to produce that 20-18 final set at Wimbledon in 2000. I remember by the time it got to 14-14, someone in the crowd was shouting "Come on anybody!".

Schalken said afterwards that once he'd had a shower, he felt a little better about losing the match than he had when he went off court. All the BBC pundits then predicted that Philippoussis would be in no fit shape having played such a marathon five-setter to put up any real fight against Henman in the next round. What do they know?
I never did see that match but I recall the final set scoreline. It came to mind during Australia during Roddick-Younes.... Was that a high quality match, or was it up and down untill that last set?

I seem to recall that some pundits also suggested that Henman was going to give Hewitt a hell of a match last year

I hold out hope that if a battered Goran can serve his way to a Wimbledon title, then so can Mark! That said, that comparison is a little flawed, since Mark never had the chance to develop into the player that Goran once was...
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #37
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

*4-2 Rogi

Hopp Suisse!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #38
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

4:2 Roger!!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:11 PM   #39
Doris Loeffel

5:2
Old 02-21-2003, 12:11 PM   #40
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

5-2

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:12 PM   #41
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Hey Mrs. B

Hopp Suisse!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:12 PM   #42
country flag Mrs. B

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

shit, error on the sb!

FRENCH KISS
Old 02-21-2003, 12:12 PM   #43
Doris Loeffel

Sälü Mrs. B!!
Old 02-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #44
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

I never actually saw very much of Schalken and Philippoussis - I only saw fragments of the final set, and realised afterwards that Philippoussis served to stay in the match 14 times before finally breaking Schalken, who led two sets to one in that match. The agonies Sjeng has gone through at Wimbledon...

Put it this way: Henman and Arazi went on Centre Court to start their match a few games into the final set. When they'd finished the match, Henman winning in straight sets, that final set was still going on.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #45
country flag Mrs. B

Hey, Legolas! Tschou, Doris!

FRENCH KISS