Interviews, audios, videos... - Page 41 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #601
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interviews, audios, videos...

I hope to meet him someday in Hermitage
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #602
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post

When it's about money he's always mute like for the reasons he lives in Geneva I didn't know he discovers the painting of Cezanne in Saint Pertersbourg but The Hermitage museum is a place i would like to see. Foie gras and Pizza what an appetite
He doesn't want to talk about money because he knows the french people negative point of view about the players who own a bank account in Swiss...(most of the French players in fact). He answered without double talk in tennismag some years ago (2004).

Quote:
Les Français vont quasiment jouer à domicile, puisque vous habitez presque tous en Suisse. C’est un peu bizarre, non ?
- Oui, c’est vrai. Mais je trouve dommage qu’en étant domicilié en France, les sportifs de haut niveau soient obligés de payer 2 fois des impôts : dans le pays où l’on a gagné l’argent, et en France. Nos carrières ne durent pas longtemps. Cela dit, j’aime bien la Suisse, où j’ai un appartement avec une très belle vue, je m’y plais beaucoup. Après des semaines de tournoi et de voyages, c’est parfait pour se reposer. On se voit entre Français régulièrement. Je m’entraîne dans le Canton de Genève, au Tennis du Bois Carré.
Quote:
The French are almost playing at home, since most of you live in Switzerland. It's a little weird, isn't it ?

Yes, it is. But I find it unfortunate that when you are domiciled in France and you're an athlete you must pay taxes two times: in the country where you won the money and in France. We've short careers. But I like Switzerland where I have a flat with a very beautiful view, I'm feeling well there. After many weeks of traveling on tour it's the perfect place to rest. We're together between french players. I'm training in the Canton of Genève, at the Tennis du Bois Carré.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 AM   #603
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliem View Post
He doesn't want to talk about money because he knows the french people negative point of view about the players who own a bank account in Swiss...(most of the French players in fact). He answered without double talk in tennismag some years ago (2004).
Richard also refuse to answer to that question the other day. Then I always smile when he says he lives in geneva They have to spend some days there because of the taxes. Noah gets a lot problems those days the fisc realised that he spend more days in france than in switzerland during a period he was supposed to live there and he had to pay now

For the ones interested the match vs Nico is on T3nnis in english
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #604
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Also Frenchies who are not famous and not living in Switzerland refuse to talk about money. I notice it every time that I am with my French friends, they find it very difficult and even more so when I want to buy them something. I almost have to force them to accept it. IMO the French have a whole different view on 'dealing' with money than the Dutch do, it's a lot more old fashioned. Which can be just as annoying as it is charming at times.
Though for tennis players I think it's already tough to have their 'salary' published online. Even without the sponsor deals and all it's still a lot of money which most of us never make. I can understand they don't want to be 'ha! I also pay less taxes than you' on top of that. And I'm not interested in where they live because of taxes. If we were in their shoes we'd do the same. There are lots of Dutchies living near the border in Belgium, cause apparently it's better for taxes.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #605
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not surprised by his answers.
To be short...in France, money is taboo. It's a very sensitive subject.
It's not go down well to be rich and to show it, or to say how much you earn, etc...
In many countries, it's just a proud proof of social success, not here.
People must be modest and discret to be respected, and it's never good to say you love money.
It can sound weird, but it's like that, it's a very french stuff.

Well, concerning his other answers...he has so bad tastes in football ( 2 clubs I hate).
I like the last answer.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:06 AM   #606
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

An interview in the local newspaper i tried to find a writing version on their site but no way so no translation just a summary.

He had goals in doubles going far away with Nico Men you don't play well

About Lopez he says that it will be tough because of his serve and it sounds like he has not big hopes about a good run here in Orleans . He says that without being seeds he awaits playing that kind of player. I'm not OK Lopez is too high for this challenger it's not totally fair

He had an ice pack on his shoulder after the training but he says it's just prevention well for me he has pains and it's just a liar with the journalist about his injury

About his season he says it was the worst and that he didn't play well. The info is that after Orleans he will go fishing on the Geneva lake with a friend. He doesn't say when his season will be over but it sounds that he's fed up with 2011 tennis season and he prefers fishing
Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #607
country flag soulage

Interesting interview of Arno made this week in Orleans by a small website http://www.orleansinfos.fr/article.php?Id=2762. Some interesting Q&A so we'll translate these ones later maybe an info about doubles

Quote:
Open d'Orléans: Arnaud Clément se met à nu pour les lecteurs d' « Orléans infos »
Par Aymeric Regneau. Publié le 21/10/2011 à 00:00

Fiche « technique » d’Arnaud Clément :

Né le 17 décembre 1977 à Aix en provence, il mesure 1m77 et pèse 73 kg.
31 matchs de coupe Davis, il faisait également parti du top 10 des meilleurs joueurs de tennis de la planète pendant 3 ans.
Finaliste à l’Open d’Australie en 2001 et 2008 en simple, vainqueur en double de Wimbledon en 2007.

Dans une tenue décontractée, Arnaud Clément nous rejoint dans une petite pièce du palais des sports d’Orléans.

Tenant cette fois ci à la main un de ses célèbres bandanas ainsi que sa paire de lunette, c’est en toute gentillesse qu’Arnaud se prête au jeu des questions- réponses :

Aymeric Regneau : Que penses-tu de ta semaine orléanaise ?
Arnaud Clément : J’ai passé une très bonne semaine à Orléans. Mais j’espère qu’elle n’est pas finie.
Mes deux premiers matchs ont été très durs. Les différences sont très minces aujourd’hui. Comme le cas de Lopez qui arrive avec une légère fatigue et cela remet tout en question.
Lopez et Llodra sont ceux qui ont le plus gros potentiel d'après moi sur le tournoi.

Aymeric Regneau : Tu as gagné beaucoup de tournoi chalenger ?
Arnaud Clément : Je n’ai gagné qu’un tournoi chalenger de toute ma carrière et c’était en France. A Cherbourg précisément.

Aymeric Regneau : Tu vas regarder la finale de rugby dimanche ?
Arnaud Clément : Oui bien sûr. Je ne suis pas fan de rugby mais je suis fan de tout ce qui est équipe de France de manière générale.
J’ai beaucoup suivi le basket et c’est une très bonne place que la place de vice champion d’Europe.

Aymeric Regneau : Ton pronostic pour cette finale ?
Arnaud Clément : Mon pronostic ? Je dirais que j’ai trouvé les français très bon contre les « all blacks » la deuxième mi temps et les 10 premières minutes en match de poule. Alors pourquoi ne pas en faire deux des mi temps comme celle là. Gommer les 3, 4 erreurs bêtes et cela pourrait passer.
La France championne du monde de rugby, avouez que cela pourrait être sympa non ? Mais çà va être un très très beau combat.

Aymeric Regneau : Votre secret cette semaine pour avoir éliminé la tête de série numéro 1 et avoir pu accéder au quart de finale ?
Arnaud Clément : Je me concentre sur moi avant tout, avant de regarder mon adversaire. Le match contre Lopez je l’ai abordé normalement. Il n’y a jamais de match facile. Je savais de toute manière qu’il fallait que je fasse un bon match.
Et puis n’oubliez pas que je l’ai déjà battu Lopez.
Tous les joueurs que je vais affronter de toute manière sont mieux classés que moi ne l’oubliez pas non plus.
Mon expérience peut peut être me sauver. Cette année j’ai été très irrégulier. Je suis un peu plus régulier seulement depuis quelques semaines.
Orléans va peut être m’aider à me retrouver.

Aymeric Regneau : Le public orléanais t’aime tu as remarqué ?
Arnaud Clément : Ah bon? ...(rires).... C’est super d’être porté par le public orléanais comme çà. Ca m’a fait super plaisir. Orléans je ne connaissais pas. J’étais juste venu en 2005 ou j’avais perdu contre le maitre des lieux, Nicolas Mahut.

Aymeric Regneau : Ton but maintenant ? Prendre du plaisir pour ta fin de carrière ?
Arnaud Clément : C’est exactement çà ! Exactement ! Ce n’est plus le classement maintenant qui m’importe. Je prends du plaisir avant tout. Je continuerai à jouer si mon corps est d’accord.
Cette année, il y a eu des moments compliqués ou je ne prenais plus de plaisir.
Je ne m’explique pas tout. L’année s’est mal goupillée. J’ai gagné très peu de match. Pourtant je faisais de très bons entrainements, mais je n’arrivai pas à enchainer les victoires.

Aymeric Regneau : L’heure est au bilan ?
Arnaud Clément : Ma fin de carrière approche. Ma carrière est derrière maintenant, j’ai 34 ans.
Mais si je peux battre encore des bons joueurs cela serait bien . Et puis je finirai peut être en double avec un joueur étranger d’ailleurs. J’attends confirmation.
Lopez est le mieux classé que j’ai fait cette année.

Aymeric Regneau : Pour finir, pourquoi cette poche de glace sur ton coude droit ?
Arnaud Clément : C’est juste en prévention. Tout va bien, ne t'inquiète pas. Je serai au rendez vous.
Google translation

Aymeric Regneau: What do you think of your week in Orleans?
Arnaud Clement: I had a very good week in Orleans. But I hope it is not over.
My first two matches were very hard. The differences are very small today. As the case of Lopez's coming with mild fatigue and everything can happen.Lopez and Llodra are those who have the most potential in my opinion in the tournament.

Aymeric Regneau: You have won many tournaments Challenger?
Arnaud Clement: I won one Challenger in my career and it was in France. precisely in Cherbourg.

Aymeric Regneau: You're going to watch the rugby final on Sunday?
Arnaud Clement: Yes of course. I'm not a fan of rugby but I'm a fan of everything for France in general.
I really follow basketball and is a very good to be vice champion of Europe.

Aymeric Regneau: Your prediction for the final?
Arnaud Clement: My prognosis? I would say that I found the French very good against the "all black" during the second half time and the first 10 minutes in the group match. So why not make two half time like this. Erase 3, 4 silly mistakes and it could happen.
France's world champion rugby, admit that it might be nice right? But it will be a very very good fight.

Aymeric Regneau: Your secret this week to have eliminated the seed 1 and have been able to enter the quarter finals?
Arnaud Clement: I focus on me first, before looking at my opponent. The match against Lopez I took it normally. There is never easy matches. I knew of any way that I had to make a good match. And do not forget that I already beat Lopez. All players that I will face in any way are ranked higher than me, do not forget it either. My experience can save me. This year I was very irregular. I am only a little more regular in recent weeks.Orleans will be helping me find myself.

Aymeric Regneau: Orléans crowd love you noticed it ?
Arnaud Clement: Oh? ... (Laughs ).... It's great to be cheered by the Orléans crowd like that. It made me really happy. Orleans I did not know. I just came in 2005 where i had lost against the master of the place, Nicolas Mahut.

Aymeric Regneau: Your goal now? Take pleasure in your end career?
Arnaud Clement: That's exactly that! Exactly! This is not the ranking that matters to me now. I enjoy first. I will continue to play if my body agrees.
This year, there were complicated times and I did not take fun.
I can not explain everything. The year badly pinned. I won only few matches. I had very good training, but I could not chain the wins.

Aymeric Regneau: The time is for the balance sheet?
Arnaud Clement: My end-career approach. My career is behind now, I'm 34.
But if I can still beat good players it would be nice. And then I could finish in doubles with a foreign player. I await confirmation
. Lopez is the highest ranked I've beaten this year.

Aymeric Regneau: Finally, why the ice pack on your right elbow?
Arnaud Clement: It's just prevention. All is well, do not worry. I will be at the appointment.

Last edited by soulage : 10-22-2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #608
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interview. I don't like all the career-end talk, because I am ignoring the fact that we have to miss him soon.
Though do I understand correctly that he sees doubles as an option to end? Cause if he says he awaits confirmation, he already asked someone? Or does he mean something different when you read it in French and things got lost in translation?
Old 10-22-2011, 05:38 PM   #609
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Though do I understand correctly that he sees doubles as an option to end? Cause if he says he awaits confirmation, he already asked someone? Or does he mean something different when you read it in French and things got lost in translation?
Th article is interesting but not totally clear it's as if it was missing some words It sounds that he could have a regular foreign partner but nothing sure
Old 10-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #610
country flag soulage

He lost to a nobody in Dunkerque. I already read that it's quite impossible to play on that very very very fast one. The organisers knows the problem but not sure they are happy of that loss Last year Benoit lost his first match because of that surface. Arno has to stay until satuday now because it's in his contract

Most interesting part of the interview is that he explains that after each he has to ice his shoulder and find the physio. Teh when he speaks about his post life he still don't know what he will do but it really sound that he wants to until teh end of that life surely a bit worried that the next would be less exciting.

Quote:
TENNISDUNKERQUE NATIONAL PRO TOUR - Arnaud Clément : « Je suis vraiment déçu pour moi et pour le tournoi »

Arnaud Clément a été surpris par son adversaire et la rapiditéde la surface dunkerquoise.

Arnaud Clément a été sorti dès son entrée en lice, hier, par Jérémy Blandin (6-3, 6-4). Le Français a regagné sa chaise. A soufflé profondément, à plusieurs reprises. Et une meute de chasseurs d'autographes est arrivée. À nos côtés, dans les tribunes, une dame, certainement pleine de bons sentiments, avait des certitudes : Arnaud Clément avait pris le « chèque », se moquait de sa défaite et pensait déjà au départ. Perdu. L'Aixois restera à Dunkerque jusqu'à samedi (1). Ce soir, Mickaël Llodra cherchera à éviter la même mésaventure.
PAR FRÉDÉRIC SOURICE

> Arnaud, ce match vous laisse un sentiment de frustration ?

« J'ai deux balles de break sur tout le match. Sur la 1re, je peux faire quelque chose. Rien sur la 2e. Lui a pris sa chance sur les retours. Il a tout mis, il m'a breaké comme ça. J'ai pris énormément d'aces, de services gagnants. Je ne peux pas dire que je ne me sentais pas bien, mais c'est rapide. C'est compliqué de jouer ce genre de joueur sur cette surface. Il a fait un match incroyable. Lui a été très, très solide. » > Il est super rapide, ce court... « J'ai rarement vu ça. Pourtant, en général, j'aime bien. Mais là, c'est extrême. Il a le jeu idéal. C'est un gaucher, il a un bon slice. Il monte au filet. Je suis vraiment déçu pour moi et le tournoi. »

> Vous allez rester sur la compétition ?

« Je reste jusqu'à samedi. Je serai là pour jouer avec les enfants (ce matin et samedi), pour les autographes. Je suis désolé de ne pas jouer d'autres matchs sur le tournoi, d'aller jusqu'au bout. »

> Vous êtes arrivé sur Dunkerque aujourd'hui (hier) : ça symbolise quelque chose ou vous connaissiez juste la ville de nom ?

« Rien du tout. Je n'étais jamais venu. J'ai eu le temps de faire une petite visite. J'ai vu que le Littoral était magnifique et immense. Nous, on n'a pas de plages comme ça. » > Vous avez une belle carrière, marquée par la finale à l'Open d'Australie (défaite en 2001 face à Agassi), des moments forts en Coupe Davis, plus de 7 millions de dollars de gain au cours de votre carrière, qu'est-ce qui vous fait courir, à bientôt 34 ans ?

« La notion de plaisir prend encore le dessus sur tout le reste. J'ai chuté au niveau du classement, je suis 150e mondial. J'ai été bien mieux classé. Mais je sais que ce sont mes dernières années. Je veux en profiter. Il y a des moments plus compliqués, moins forts émotionnellement, mais encore des moments sympas, avec la finale en Coupe Davis (défaite contre la Serbie), l'an passé. Et même sur certains circuits challengers, où je me suis éclaté. Là, à Dunkerque, tout à l'heure (hormis les trois premières questions, l'entretien a été réalisé avant le match), j'espère que je pourrais quitter le court en ayant pris du plaisir, en me disant : "j'ai joué un bon tennis, ce soir." » >

Votre corps ne se rappelle pas trop à vous ?

« Ça m'a embêté une bonne partie du temps ces dernières années. Les articulations grincent. Et là, je dois faire attention niveau soin, alors que pendant longtemps, je ne faisais rien. Je dois glacer mon épaule après avoir joué, trouver le kiné. C'est la partie la moins marrante. Mais j'aime encore m'entraîner et je reste un "matcher", un gars qui aime la compétition. »

> Vous ne craignez pas la perte d'adrénaline quand vous arrêterez ?

« Je ne sais pas ce qu'il y aura après. Je suis persuadé qu'il y a des choses très excitantes, autres qu'être sur un court. J'ai aussi beaucoup de témoignages qui disent que ça manque à un moment. Ce sera un autre rythme de vie. Là, je suis encore sur le circuit 25 à 30 semaines par an. La suite ne m'effraie pas. J'ai vécu les moments jusqu'ici comme une chance. Si j'ai la chance de vivre encore quelques moments, je ne vais pas m'en priver. Je veux aller jusqu'au bout du bout de cette vie-là. »

> Mickaël Llodra, ça restera votre partenaire préféré en double ?

« Oui, c'est avec lui que j'ai le mieux joué. On a gagné Wimbledon, Bercy, on a fait les JO. Et on a partagé de belles rencontres en Coupe Davis.

Voilà pourquoi on est si liés. Wimbledon, c'était pas mal, mais la Coupe Davis, émotionnellement, c'était supérieur. » •

(1) Contractuellement, Arnaud Clément s'était engagé à rester jusqu'à samedi, fin de matinée.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #611
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"J'ai vu que le Littoral était magnifique et immense. Nous, on n'a pas de plages comme ça."
MOQUEUR !

I read he lost to 47th french seed !
Scaring...

Quote:
"C'est la partie la moins marrante. Mais j'aime encore m'entraîner et je reste un "matcher", un gars qui aime la compétition."
I dunno how he does to still have some motivation, seriously !

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #612
country flag soulage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I read he lost to 47th french seed !
Scaring...
This surface levels down unless you serve very well and the guy was surely very motivated. It's not very succesful tournaments these CNGT but I think taht when he will retire he could play them and with more sucess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I dunno how he does to still have some motivation, seriously !
After the good run in orléans it's more easy
Old 12-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #613
country flag soulage

News of the day Australian Open launched http://vault.australianopentv.com/ a site about classic matches at the Australian Open

In those classic matches we find the final of 2001 and the semi between Arno and Seb Yes it's online; it's free and it works abroad I love the australians

Attached Images
File Type: jpg finalagassi.jpg (111.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by soulage : 12-13-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #614
country flag Kezzi

I discovered it today, I love the Aussies too
Just one small remark though, they didn't include the speech
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #615
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

i'm glad you guys can enjoy it, without having to wait for me to figure something out

for the speech, there must be something on youtube? entire matches are harder to find. they used to sell tapes/dvds for '2011 aus open' for example, i guess no one buys them any more, so they might as well give away (tiny) videos for free. certainly not holding back when they are as new as this year's.

and old enough to just get to 1998, that's when i first started to follow tennis 'full-time'

rios vs escude never thought I would see that again
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote