4 english speaking left. 5 spanish speaking..... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-24-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
country flag makro120

makro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 english speaking left. 5 spanish speaking.....

As we talked about making a continuation of my "15 spannish speaking, 0 english speaking left in Roland Garros" thread when the english speaking would get their revenge in wimbledon.

But...the spannish speaking is still beating the english speaking in wimbledon!!! Has this ever happened before?

Couldn't post in GM as I have banned myself as you all know, but I still come here every day and read articles and opinions about tennis. I thought I would stop watching tennis for a while, but I couldn't help it, when Federer faced Safin in the final of HAlle I just had to watch. If anyone is wondering about my father, he died 9th june and his funeral was 22th june. Tomorrow I am going to travel to south america but I'll be back 1 month from now.

Until then I am just saying this: Federer straight sets wimbledon champion 2005, the start of a great streak of 7 straight grand slams. You see, I never learn any lessons.
Nadal winner: RG 07 Monfils winner: USopen 10
Guga winner: RG 2010
Roddick and Hewitt together winner of: 3 sidney, 4 Adelaide, 3 washington, 3 san jose, 3 indianapolis, 2 houston, 2 memphis, 5 queens and one master series title (where Safin, Agassi, Federer and Nadal happens to all be injured).
makro120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2005, 07:07 PM   #2
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 4 english speaking left. 5 spanish speaking.....

So sorry about your Father.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
country flag makro120

makro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond reputemakro120 has a reputation beyond repute

Its life, it is not as if I was ill prepared. I was sad for a long time but now I feel I am getting back to my normal life and am excited about the trip I am taking to south america with my friends.

But now I am here to talk about tennis, so lets not talk about me but about tennis and more than anything wimbledon ofcourse.

Is it just me or is anglosaxian tennis going downhill very fast? Really surprising as this territory has alone 3 grand slams out of 4, 4 master series out of 9 and until this year the master cup, now players from these countries haven't won a grand slams or master series in almost 1 year. I know it is a good thing tennis is changing to a more global sport, but a territory with 400 milion people with great economy and tennis tradition as these countries certanly have doesn't have more than 2-3 players in top 25 (with Henman and Agassi disappearing as they get old) is really something to be concerned about.
Roddick and Hewitt together winner of: 3 sidney, 4 Adelaide, 3 washington, 3 san jose, 3 indianapolis, 2 houston, 2 memphis, 5 queens and one master series title (where Safin, Agassi, Federer and Nadal happens to all be injured).
Old 06-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #4
country flag makro120

Argentina with 10% of the population, 2% of the GDP of the anglosaxian territory only host 1 single atp tournament, the smallest kind of tournament has 5 players in the top 20. The anglosaxian territory has 4 players, 2 seems to be retiring soon (Henman and Agassi) and that makes you wonder what is happening with the work with young talents in USA, GBR and Australia?
Old 06-25-2005, 12:32 AM   #5
bad gambler

7 straight grand slams? lol you are right you dont learn do you?

btw sorry abt your father, he has gone to a better place now
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #6
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute

Ammend the score: it's 5-3 in favour of the spanish speakers... and Russian speakers also have 3 representatives in the last-16...
Semifinal: 2004 - Houston, Casablanca, Nottingham, Stuttgart, Cincinnati
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:11 AM   #7
country flag nkhera1

nkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by makro120
As we talked about making a continuation of my "15 spannish speaking, 0 english speaking left in Roland Garros" thread when the english speaking would get their revenge in wimbledon.

But...the spannish speaking is still beating the english speaking in wimbledon!!! Has this ever happened before?

Couldn't post in GM as I have banned myself as you all know, but I still come here every day and read articles and opinions about tennis. I thought I would stop watching tennis for a while, but I couldn't help it, when Federer faced Safin in the final of HAlle I just had to watch. If anyone is wondering about my father, he died 9th june and his funeral was 22th june. Tomorrow I am going to travel to south america but I'll be back 1 month from now.

Until then I am just saying this: Federer straight sets wimbledon champion 2005, the start of a great streak of 7 straight grand slams. You see, I never learn any lessons.
Be a man and stick to your word and leave. This happened to a person at another forum and they were banned. If you want to be stupid you should pay the consequences.

I guess Roddick must be the greatest player to ever play the game.
nkhera1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:11 AM   #8
country flag nkhera1

nkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond reputenkhera1 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys know that Federer speaks English as does Hewitt and many other players.

I guess Roddick must be the greatest player to ever play the game.
nkhera1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:28 AM   #9
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Native english speakers, 3 that I can count off the top of my head - Dent, Hewitt, Roddick. Federer, according to some reports, speaks English as his second language (he definitely doesn't sound like a native speaker).

But none of this is relevant anyway. Tennis is an international sport, there are 4.5 countries that are native English speakers in the world, and countless others that are not, so this is a pretty stupid thread.
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:38 AM   #10
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

And Federer lost a set.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:51 AM   #11
country flag SwissMister1

SwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond reputeSwissMister1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your dad.

Tursunov is probably more of an American (in fact I heard rumors of him applying for citizenship) and speaks perfect English.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

PAW #1 5/22/06
Predict-the-SCORE US Open Champion
SwissMister1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:19 AM   #12
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Tursunov was born in Russia, moved to the US when he was young. He still has some of an accent. It is not a rumor, he has applied for citizenship. He mentioned it in his press conference.
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #13
country flag Lalitha

Lalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond reputeLalitha has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about your Father, marko