Gilles Muller - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2010, 03:06 AM   #301
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gilles Muller

Gilles' results have been inconsistent since Cherbourg in March, reaching 2 QFs and 1 SF, but those results are mixed with 3 R1 losses. Obviously consistency and match toughness are still an issue, but he has moved his ranking from the 400s to 195 quickly, with every opportunity to finish the season top 100. He retired this week with some niggling pain but should be fine going forward. He's not scheduled for any events this week so his next tournament should be in two weeks at Cremona in Italy.

Hopefully Gilles stays healthy and continues his charge up the rankings!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #302
country flag Ad Wim

Ad Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond reputeAd Wim has a reputation beyond repute

Missed 4 mps on owns serve at 5-3 and lost the TB third set. Terrible result again. He won't get back into the top 100 if he keeps getting joke results like this...
Ad Wim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #303
country flag I♥PsY@Mus!c

I♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond reputeI♥PsY@Mus!c has a reputation beyond repute

Any news of Gilles?Will he play US Open?I miss him,and 2 years ago he had amazing results there.

Cheer for: Ljubicic Gonzalez Murray Mahut Soderling Tipsarevic Mathieu Simon Muller Tsonga Berdych Kohlschreiber Wawrinka Acasuso Almagro O.Rochus Kiefer...
I♥PsY@Mus!c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #304
country flag Anya07

Anya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond reputeAnya07 has a reputation beyond repute

Soderling-Muller.Australian.Open.2011.2nd (9 parts)

was added HERE

http://image2you.ru
http://pic4you.ru
http://southwc.ru
Anya07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #305
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Biofile With Gilles Muller

by Scoop Malinowski

Gilles Muller reached the 2008 US Open quarter-finals.

Luxembourg's Gilles Muller, who plays defending champion Rafael Nadal in the US Open fourth round on Thursday, reveals his funniest tennis match and musical tastes in this biofile...

Tennis Inspiration: “I always looked up to Agassi.”

Favourite Movies: “A lot of movies I like. I like Denzel Washington, I think he’s one of the best actors in the world.”

Musical Tastes: “U2. I had the chance to see them twice in one year in Berlin and Zurich. Huge fan of U2.”

First Job: “I went to my uncle’s, he’s selling meat. Butcher shop. I helped in the kitchen (age 12).”

First Car: “Was my mom’s Volkswagen Polo. Now I have a BMW.”

Favourite Meal: “Pizza.”

Early Tennis Memory: “I always look back when I see these moments now, in a big stadium. And I look back when I was a kid and I went to my club with all my friends and we played there for fun and we were always watching the big matches in the big stadiums on TV. And it’s always nice to look at those moments.”

Pre-Match Feeling: “Well, you have different matches. In big matches in big stadiums I’m more nervous in a good way, than the other matches. If you’re playing on like Court 16, it’s not the same as if you’re playing on the Stadium. I think sometimes my problem – if I play on small court, I’m – I won’t say I’m not motivated but it’s different there. You really try to do your best. And if you lose, you try to fight every point like hell. And so I have to try and find the mental to do it everywhere.”

Greatest Sports Moment: “Tough to say. I never won an ATP tournament. The win against Agassi (2004 in Washington, DC) is always nice. But then, on the other hand, U.S. Open Ashe Stadium night session against Roddick (2005). It was so unbelievable, emotional moment in my career.”

Most Painful Moment: “The toughest moment is if you play here on Ashe Stadium in front of a full house and then you’re playing a Challenger somewhere out there in front of two people and one of them is your coach. I mean, that’s what’s very tough. In the beginning, when I went back to Challengers, I felt like I failed.”

Favourite Tournament: “Probably the U.S. Open. I like the city, the stadium, I like the people here.”

Embarrassing Tennis Memory: “Once in juniors I had the shorts with the knob and you close it with the zipper. And I lost my shorts and I kept playing the point holding my shorts up [smiles].”

Favourite Players To Watch: “It’s always nice to see Roger playing, so easy and so calm on the court. It’s very much fun to watch Rafa. So much energy on the court. He’s not missing so much and he’s fighting so much. He’s really making people enjoy it. He gives me a big impression always when I’m watching.”

Funny Tennis Memory: “I like Roddick. I think he’s pretty funny all the time. After our match, I have to say for me it was really nice, he came and told me on the court, Good luck and these kinds of things, you played great. And after again, he came here in the locker room to tell me this. So I think that’s very fair and very nice. For sure he was very disappointed but he’s a big sportsman.”

Closest Tennis Friends: “In tennis, you don’t have really, very close friends in tennis. You’re friends with everybody but you’re still opponents, so it’s tough to have good relations with anybody. But I’m close with all the guys from Belgium because we speak the same language. Also the French. I respect everybody but it’s not that you also go to have a drink with somebody during a tournament. But outside of the tournament, it’s very rare that you call somebody or have news from somebody. So it’s not the same if you have a friend at home.”

People Qualities Most Admired: “Well, I like the people who even if they are playing good and are big stars, they are very, very simple guys, very friendly guys. I like that a lot. I think even if you are a good player you have to respect everybody as well.”

Source: http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...Interview.aspx
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #306
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

OMG what a nice guy
I have never known Muller was like that. He looks a bit shy on court but still reading this makes me feel even more positive about him. Wish him all the best in the future. It would be great if he had won an ATP title, just to know how it feels.
Good luck!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #307
country flag WarriorA

WarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond reputeWarriorA has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Gilles Muller

I was at his first round match against Tomic in Indian Wells on Friday. His 4-6, 7-6(4), 6-0 win was . During the second set tiebreak something broke loose and he never looked back. What a smackdown. He served 23 aces and was all over the net.

It was so awesome to see him all fired up. I can't wait to see him tear up the US Hardcourt season this Summer.
WarriorA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #308
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately for Gilles, his season overall hasn't been one to be too fired up about, as he has a 5-10 record through March. He started out the season 2-7 before winning at least one match at the last three events, his most impressive victories being the one vs Tomic in Indian Wells, and winning 7-6(5) in the third over Bogomolov in Miami. He also reached the QF of the Dallas challenger the week in-between the two Masters events. This part of the year through the clay portion of the tennis season is not the best for Gilles; hopefully he can continue winning a few matches before grass season starts for his ranking and to maintain confidence.

This week, Gilles is playing Davis Cup Group 2 competition for Luxembourg in Madagascar. The tie will be on clay, and the loser will be relegated to Group 3 in 2013. Gilles has a 43-17 career record in Davis Cup and will be very motivated to do his best, as Luxembourg will rely on him to win three rubbers during the weekend to enable the country to maintain their spot in Group 2. GL to Gilles and the entire Luxembourg team!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #309
country flag adkowal00

adkowal00 is on a distinguished road

Any news about Muller? Will he be back soon?
adkowal00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #310
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond repute

News of gilles?
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #311
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute

Muller started practicing last week.
He will start playing Futures in December.
No tournaments before.
Then using the PR next year to play bigger tournaments.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:07 AM   #312
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic news, thanksyou!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #313
country flag rybak

rybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles won two titles in this year in challengers (Guadalajara and Shenzhen). In this week he will play in Taipei, what expectations you have for this tournament?

Mahut - Wawrinka - Querrey - Baghdatis - Murray - Muller - Nieminen - Hewitt - Sousa - Cuevas - Haas - Del Potro - McGee - Estrella Burgos - Vesely - Gil - de Bakker - Groth - Soderling - Sijsling - Garcia-Lopez - Delbonis - A. Pavic - Garanganga - Peliwo - Angelinos - J. Levine - Munoz De La Nava - Capdeville
rybak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:37 AM   #314
country flag Chilenaitor

Thought 1st Round.. will be 6-7 7-6 7-6 or something like that against Sam Groth haha..
Old 04-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #315
country flag rybak

rybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond reputerybak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilenaitor View Post
Thought 1st Round.. will be 6-7 7-6 7-6 or something like that against Sam Groth haha..
Bad that they play in first round between their
Anyway I think that Muller will winner, but I want to see Groth winner. Unimportant who wins, anyway I will be happy

Mahut - Wawrinka - Querrey - Baghdatis - Murray - Muller - Nieminen - Hewitt - Sousa - Cuevas - Haas - Del Potro - McGee - Estrella Burgos - Vesely - Gil - de Bakker - Groth - Soderling - Sijsling - Garcia-Lopez - Delbonis - A. Pavic - Garanganga - Peliwo - Angelinos - J. Levine - Munoz De La Nava - Capdeville
rybak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote