15 year old..any hope? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2005, 11:21 PM   #1
country flag sharpshot

sharpshot is on a distinguished road
Default 15 year old..any hope?

Hey, My names Nick Drapeau, IM 15 almost 16 in october and i live in Trenton Ontario Canada. its about 2 hours from toronto.
Ive been playing tennis absoloutly whenever i can and i cant stop loving the game. theres almost nobody around me that wants to play Besides my friend whos a little over weight and cant hit a ball. I have a pretty good serve considering how long ive been playing "4 months" and can return most balls. I just LOVE the feel of getting on the court and hitting that ball clean across the net on a wonderful serve or perfect return.

my question is...and can you guys please be 100% honest with me, do i have any chance to play in big leagues like i see on tv, Like the grandslams or even anything smaller i just want to play the game at a greater level...make somthing from it. i dont even care about the money just..the feeling of being watched by people and playing the best damn sport there could be.
Im moving soon to a place called north bay and am going to start hitting the gym and joining a tennis club thats in the "ontario tennis assosiation" they have like a tournament every 2 weeks i cant wait to be part of some sort of league play im so exited, im even getting lessons paid for but... will anything ever develop from it? am i just too old to be pro or even a little less..

another question i have is I baught a tennis racket about 3 months ago its a white with 2 black stripe type things on it. Wilson hammer. it was around 120 or somthing.
Im almost ready to go buy a wilson ncode nsix-one tour 90 Racquet..it looks so amezing but im not even sure if its worth the money because of its hefty price...gunna get a red wilson bag too. i love the look of those things. shoudl i buy the tennis racket and bag?

Im not sure if the racket would fit me..hell the one i have now the handle seems so big and got a rubber grip tape. its also "oversize" whatever that means.
my physical attributes are..
120 pounds, small built, small arms, very fast reflexes and 1 handed back hand. im right handed.

thanks for absoloutly any help anyone can give me...and im new to the online tennis community so hopefully i can get more active around here. talk to you guys later.
thanks!

~Nick
sharpshot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2005, 12:14 AM   #2
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 15 year old..any hope?

No.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
cdpoulin

cdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond reputecdpoulin has a reputation beyond repute

Hum well I honestly don't think so. But we never know. Look at like Fred Niemeyer from Canada, his career started at like 27! The most important thing for you if you wanna start right is to get coached by good people, get the proper technique and then you can start playing a lot...This way your basis will be good and you will only be able to build on it! Get also a decent hitting partner, if possible better than u!

As for the n-code, I have that racket right now actually. I find it incredible, the only less fun aspect is that it tends to break a string pretty easily. Im like in the play 5 hours, break one mode right now, which might make the cost of the racket go up! But you are sarting, i don't expcet the same to happen to u!

Anyways, good to see you really got into the game, as much as u seem to want to be a pro, having a passion is actually the best thing! Keep us informed!
cdpoulin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:27 PM   #4
country flag Melvins

Melvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond reputeMelvins has a reputation beyond repute

In ATP, I don't think so. With 10 is later, with 15... but we don't know, you will can make something in national and maybe in futures.

Good luck and send us information.

FREDERICO GIL - RUI MACHADO - GASTÂO ELIAS - LEONARDO TAVARES
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO - NEUZA SILVA - FREDERICA PIEDADE - MARIA JOĂO KOEHLER - MAGALI DE LATTRE

THE FUTURE
GASTĂO ELIAS
MICHELLE LARCHER DE BRITO
Melvins is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:48 PM   #5
country flag sharpshot

sharpshot is on a distinguished road

heh thanks, i didnt mean pro pro like Federer or aggasi..you know not that big i ment like, are there people who started playin around my age in like nationals or even provincal, and yea i really love it =) im getting some good coaching in about 14 days :P yea i have it counted down. joining local Tournaments and going to a tennis camp on jul 18th..cant wait
sharpshot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:17 AM   #6
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema__
No, i dont think so, sorry. My coach told me that by the age of 5 they can already determine whether a child can be a pro or not...
right.

Ljubicic started playing at age 9...
Old 07-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #7
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute

i started when i was 10, i think that even 10 is pretty late , but i m still gonna try at the pro level, just try, if not i want to become a coach. I know you probably love the game so much, yeah everyone does, but if you want to get to that standard even future tournamnets, you play everyday. You cant just play competetively with your coach but you need to get ona practice court and practice. Like my dad feeds me ball after ball, while i get get coaching froman academy coach teaching me the technique. Plz remeber to practice, always practice, it will help you so much in the long run.

ps. if you want to go pro, you need to make sure that you are in good shape, start eating better, and work-out on a daily basis.
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #8
country flag ClaycourtaZzZz.

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 14 now and started when I was 4, I actualy have a coach and he told me that if I work hard I could play futures or maybe challengers but I don't even know when.....

All youngsters

Murray Baghdatis Monfils JMDP Gasquet

Roger Federer, what an arrogant asshole.
ClaycourtaZzZz. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:59 PM   #9
country flag justjord

justjord is on a distinguished road

Hi
I say go for it, and be the best that you can be. If you become a pro, great, if not, have a great time playing, doing something that you love to do.
justjord is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:55 AM   #10
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I know that Josh Goffi and a French futures player named Truez never started serious tennis training until they were 15. The biggest thing that matters is training and it costs serious cash. You need to be at an academy where you split your days between school and tennis. If you can't, you could do it at home, say for instance go to school for a few hours and then in the afternoon, work for four hours with a personal coach.

Why can't all guys be this sexy?

Member of the MTF pervert squad

Partygirl rules!!

best MTF thread ever - tangerine_dream is a bully
binkygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:24 PM   #11
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

It is not impossible, but it will be extremely tough. You need to be very talented in order to be successful.

I can't tell from your post if you are talented or not

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #12
country flag andrada

andrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond reputeandrada has a reputation beyond repute

it's late,i am 15 and i play tennis for 10 years.it's very late.
andrada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:58 PM   #13

ClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond reputeClaycourtaZzZz. has a reputation beyond repute

Hey dudes,

I start to train again on friday, I cracked up my shoulder by returning a 137 mph serve And I cracked it up while serving too It's seem to be ok now, but I'm afraid to go for the shot, because I feel a bit pain.... It's sad cause I have a tournament up next week, it's a national one. If I play good there, who knows, but I can't say what to do, to rest or to train? The doctor said I should try but stop if it's getting worse.....
I feel like playing, but not to hard, but I would be sad if I couldn't play the tournament.... next week we play under a big ballon, I love it

All youngsters

Old 09-20-2005, 04:23 PM   #14
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Federer_Express I hope to see you at Wimbledon one day
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee-gee
Federer_Express I hope to see you at Wimbledon one day
won't happen, I hate grass I'm a claycourter

All youngsters