#1 Southern Cal vs #2 Oklahoma for the championship. 2014 NCAA Tournament. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #1
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default #1 Southern Cal vs #2 Oklahoma for the championship. 2014 NCAA Tournament.

The field was announced Tuesday

here is the draw

UCLA way down at #6 but everyone knows they are one of the prohibitive favorites to win the title.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 05-20-2014 at 05:04 AM.
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2014 NCAA Tournament

Hoping for UNC in the mens and Stanford in the womens.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:13 PM   #3

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

UNC was beaten fairly easily by Virginia twice this season but luckily for them they will avoid them in the draw until potentially the final. UNC is always dangerous with Schnur and Schneider up top. They will have to face #10 Georgia in the round of 16 most likely and that will be tough because the final 16 onward is hosted in Athens,GA at the home of UGA. They have amazing crowds and they will make it tough for the Tar Heels. Think of it as a more intense davis cup atmosphere.

Picture of the Athens stadium filled with UGA fans

Great facility. I've been there multiple times. They support their dawgs like crazy

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 05-04-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #4

to get a sense of the crowd here is a video I personally took 2 years ago in Athens. Georgia and Pepperdine are tied 3-3 in the quarterfinals and this is the deciding game where Alex Llompart serves out Sadio Doumbia (both now futures players) to clinch the upset win over Georgia for Pepeprdine to shock the crowd.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
country flag randy72391

randy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond reputerandy72391 has a reputation beyond repute

Does Baylor have ANY chance at this?
randy72391 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #6
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
UNC was beaten fairly easily by Virginia twice this season but luckily for them they will avoid them in the draw until potentially the final. UNC is always dangerous with Schnur and Schneider up top. They will have to face #10 Georgia in the round of 16 most likely and that will be tough because the final 16 onward is hosted in Athens,GA at the home of UGA. They have amazing crowds and they will make it tough for the Tar Heels. Think of it as a more intense davis cup atmosphere.

Picture of the Athens stadium filled with UGA fans

Great facility. I've been there multiple times. They support their dawgs like crazy
I jus tlike Schnur. Besides him and Monette, what other Canadians are here?
Old 05-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy72391 View Post
Does Baylor have ANY chance at this?
slight chance. They did beat UCLA earlier this year. They have a very strong top 2 and bottom 2, They are a bit weak at 3 and 4 though. They can beat one of the top 4 but unlikely to beat more than one of them in a row which would be needed to win the national title.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:06 AM   #8

I was in college station today and saw Cal upset Texas A&M 4-3. I recorded a few videos. I will upload them tomorrow. I did upload this one...

Campbell Johnson closes out Shane Vinsant

Vinsant was up 3-1 in the 3rd and then started to cramp. The video shows Vinsant cramping like crazy as he gets closed out. He had to be carried into the locker room from the ground. Sad end to the season and another disappointment from A&M. Massive win for Cal though.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #9

great match going on between UNC and UGA right now. Schnur has split sets, going to 3. Live video and scoring

Old 05-17-2014, 12:02 AM   #10

UNC takes down UGA!

Old 05-19-2014, 04:44 AM   #11

final four:

1 Southern Cal vs 4 Virginia
2. Oklahoma vs 6 UCLA

Old 05-19-2014, 10:33 PM   #12

live video and scores. Semifinals have just started!

Old 05-19-2014, 11:33 PM   #13

USC and Oklahoma take doubles

Old 05-20-2014, 01:15 AM   #14

absolutely sensational tennis right now. both matches as close as they can be

Old 05-20-2014, 03:44 AM   #15
Snowwy

Schnur has had a great year so far.