Motorola razr V3 - Wimbledon 2nd round thursday !!! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2005, 06:59 AM   #16
country flag Yoel and co.

Yoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond reputeYoel and co. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Motorola razr V3 - Wimbledon 2nd round thursday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
just a few pointers:

1. why is everyone taking Djokovic? Garcia-Lopez hasnt played too badly on grass over the past couple weeks, and he is far more experienced than his counterpart, he doesnt deserve to be a 2.40 dog.
True, but Djokovic was very impressive in the qualifying and first round. I think he is a favourite here.
Yoel and co. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 07:14 AM   #17
bad gambler

lol, i don't generally bother with write ups but here goes...

Parlay:

Bartoli to beat Craybas x Daniilidou to beat Granville - pays $2.05 (10 units)

Bartoli is a comptetent grass court player. She moves well on the surface. She diposed of Fujiwara easily in the first round 2 & 2 and played impressively against an opponent who had some strong results in the lead up tournament in Birmingham in both qualifiers and main draw. Bartoli in Eastbourne took care of the impressive Likhovseta and Raymond before sucumbing to injury to Douchevina. Based on what I saw in her forst round match, it's safe to say she is fit and any signs of injury can be dispelled. Her opponent Craybas was unimpressive in beating Harkleroad, even more unimpressive by the fact that the young American these days can only be considered as a prat time player given her continual struggles with injury. Anything less than a straight sets victory would suprise me here, a good play for anyone wishing to bump up there parlays today

The next match is the more interesting one, a face off between two in form mid tier grass court players. As we all know the tall Greek Daniilidou took out Henin. This was always on the cards given Henin too a break after her French Open success where as Daniilidou strung together an impressive run in Birmingham, beating players such as Vaidisova and Sugiyama comfortably before giving the defending Wimbledon champ a run for her money in the Quarter Finals, losing 1-6 in the 3rd set. Granville also has strung together some decent performances in the lead up tournaments, namely in the lower tier Surbiton tournamnet where she made the final and in Birmingham where she reached the Semi Final. However it has to be noted that all were against weak opposition except for Molik in the 2nd round in Birmingham however as we know, Molik has been suffering from a chronic ankle injury which has subsequently sidelined her for a couple of months.

good luck to all, buy me a beer later
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:16 AM   #18
country flag dbnumberone
Local Favorite

dbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond reputedbnumberone has a reputation beyond repute

I just added a big bet on Elseneer, fav. surface is grass, won matches at Wimbledon before, most importantly huge payoff against Gasquet, who I realize should win but I've found enough reasons to think Els has enough value here to take a shot...

I've seen a lot of parlays w/ Gasquet on here, should be solid now that I've blown the kiss of death on Els ,gl all
dbnumberone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 07:20 AM   #19
country flag Ays25

Ays25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond repute

I Follow you on that bg!
i hope you dont lose because of me lol
Ays25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:03 AM   #20
country flag Ays25

Ays25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond reputeAys25 has a reputation beyond repute

btw can someone tell me how to make a surebet with odds 1.84 one side and 2.36 the other side please!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:09 AM   #21
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

SEBBY + TOJO + PIERCE + TIMOTHY ...pound it

or maybe without Pierce...anyone thinking Vakulenko can beat Pierce?

Last edited by SwiSha : 06-23-2005 at 08:17 AM.
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #22
country flag rich_a

rich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond reputerich_a has a reputation beyond repute

Final plays are

Dandilidou x Bartoli @ 2.04 - had to follow BG on that one!
Grosjean x Tojo @ 1.66
Tipsarevic x Djokovic @ 2.83

Good luck all
rich_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #23
country flag gryzonko

gryzonko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays25
btw can someone tell me how to make a surebet with odds 1.84 one side and 2.36 the other side please!
home 56.19 +3.39
away 43.81 +3.39
gryzonko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:35 AM   #24
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

do you think before you ask questions?? lol
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #25
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try tip the card:

Andreev over Sanguinetti
Gasquet over Elseneer
Novak over Santoro
Henman over Tursunov
Mirnyi over Rochus
Arthurs over Popp
Nadal over Muller
Melzer over Calatrava
Malisse over Coria
Garcia-Lopez over Djokovic
Grosjean over Hanescu
Nalbandian over Kucera
Johansson over Pavel
Lu over Tipsarevic
Roddick over Bracciali
Stepanek over Murray

*selections in bold are relatively safe and will return a parlay of 13.10
Old 06-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #26
bad gambler

Quote:
if you figure it out can you tell me as well?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 08:50 AM   #27
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-23-2005, 09:02 AM   #28
country flag SwiSha

man fuck the WTA

HENMAN TOJO SEBBY

GOOD LUCK
Old 06-23-2005, 09:18 AM   #29
country flag Ays25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
if you figure it out can you tell me as well?
too late.. andreev was 1.80 @ gamebookers this morning and combinned with %100 safe bjorkman mirnyi doubles match was @ 1.90
and sanguinetti was @2.45 @betandwin.

but untill i figured out how to make a profit the odds changed dramatically
1.75 andreev (x with jonas/max 1.83) and 2.25 sanguinetti are most u can find so its no more worth it.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #30
Banned!

Quote:
my apologies, I misread the 2 prices you posted.

In a 2 option bet (lets say A and B are these two options), when option A is available at 1.84, and option B at 2.36, that gives you a backing book percentage of:

(1.84 + 2.36)/(1.84 x 2.36) x 2^0 = 96.7 %

and we all know what a backing book percentage of less than 100 means ...

if you wish to stand to gain an equal profit from either outcome, we now have the following situation:

options:..............................A........... ..................B

stakes:...............................X........... ..................Y
odds:................................1.84......... ...............2.36
net profit:.................1.84 * X - (X +Y)........2.36 * Y - (Y + X)

2.36/1.84 = 1.28 approx.

in order to have equal profit resting on both outcomes, stake X must be equal to:

X = 1.28 * Y

I'll give you an example to illustrate. If you have 50 units on option B at odds of 2.36, and wish to "make a free bet" by arbing with option A at odds of 1.84, then you must place X units on option A.

X = 2.36/1.84 * 50 = 64.13 units (approx.)

now lets see what we stand to profit:

if option A wins: 64.13 * 1.84 - (64.13 + 50) = 3.87 units (approx.)

if option B wins: 50 * 2.36 - (50 + 64.13) = 3.87 units (approx.)

So to finally answer your question Mr. AYS, if you wish to have an equal profit resting on each outcome, for every unit you have on the option at 2.36, you must have 2.36/1.84 (or approximately 1.28) units on the option at 1.84 . From this, you will make 0.077 units (approx.) per unit that you outlay.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by its.like.that : 06-23-2005 at 10:07 AM.