Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-05-2014, 06:16 PM   #31
country flag Bhārata Satvan

Bhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond reputeBhārata Satvan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

American discoveries of science are nothing compared to Ancient Indian cosmology. Most of our concepts were stolen in the medieval age and are being sold to the world now.
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #32
country flag Nunyabeezwax

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
You only believe in these things because the experts recognized as holders of The Truth tell you they are real. You are no more rational or free-thinking than the medieval peasants who believed everything the catholic priests told them.
In other words you have nothing to add.

Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:22 PM   #33
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

I have to either come up with a superior, mathematical theory of cosmology or accept that the theories of western cosmologists are infallible?

Last edited by Mjau! : 04-05-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #34

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

That's nice dear.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #35

That's a false dilemma.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #36
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have to either come up with a superior, mathematical theory of cosmology or accept that the theories of western cosmologists are infallible?
Yes, you have.

Comparing the modern world with the medieval times just for the sake of argument.

Any scientific theory today is public, and all equations are laid out. If you don't believe them, you can always CHALLENGE them. If your theory and equations are BETTER, they are ACCEPTED.

Medievally of us, no?
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #37

I'm not really sure how you can, in one comment, claim that cosmologists are constantly "going back to the drawing board" and in another comment imply that cosmology is deemed "infallible" by the same people who are constantly revising their theories.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:33 PM   #38
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody shut up!!!

Mjau is currently concentrating, writing off the equations of the NEW COSMOLOGY THEORY. It will be published soon, please have patience.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #39
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
I'm not really sure how you can, in one comment, claim that cosmologists are constantly "going back to the drawing board" and in another comment imply that cosmology is deemed "infallible" by the same people who are constantly revising their theories.
They aren't "constantly revising their theories", they never revise their theories. They fudge the model to force fit the unexpected observation with the existing theory. It's all ad-hoc. The basic theories are deemed infallible and the assumptions behind them are never questioned.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:40 PM   #40

I'm going to question the basic assumption of your understanding of cosmology, theory, fudge and possibly the birds and the bees.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:43 PM   #41
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
The basic theories are deemed infallible and the assumptions behind them are never questioned.
So, the theory of electromagnetism for instance... it's wrong?
Old 04-05-2014, 06:46 PM   #42

At this point we'll shortly be questioning whether or not 1+1 actually equals 2.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #43
country flag Mjau!

You cannot compare the theory of electromagnetism to the hypotheses of dark energy, dark matter, black holes, neutron stars, accretion theory, inflation and other entirely hypothetical entities. Electromagnetism can be studied experimentally.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #44

Still waiting for your alternate theory. The spaghetti monster is taken in case that was going to be your starting point.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #45
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
You cannot compare the theory of electromagnetism to the hypotheses of dark energy, dark matter, black holes, neutron stars, accretion theory, inflation and other entirely hypothetical entities. Electromagnetism can be studied experimentally.
Why not? You said the basics were not infallible. How basic do you get? EM Theory is the basic currently applied at the Large Hadron Collider. Inflation is based on observations that have EM theory at its base.

So again, which are those basic theories that are not infallible. Name them, so we can know which books we must burn.