Your top 5 most painful situations on court - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #1
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your top 5 most painful situations on court

I was thinking about one particular situation that i hate so much and thought about how it has never been discusssed and might be part of why s&v is dying, but here's my top 5 -

1. Missing a smash. - You've made everything right and you've put yourself in position to win the point in 99% of the time. Missing the smash is probably the most painful experience on court.

2. Missing a put away FH - same as above, yet a more retrievable shot than the smash, so i rate it just slightly less painful

3. Getting passed at the net - that's the one i was talking about. It's almost humiliating, that's how bad you feel.
You're reaching out but can't get to the ball, yet it feels that you cover so much space at the net, that it feelss painful to get passed.
On your way back you think about so many things - Why did i chose to come exctly now? For 3 games i'm on the baseline and go to the net now? idiot!
Or - why did i approach after a slice...should have been deeper, should have been wider, never again after a kick serve, etc., etc.

The frustration following the moment you get passed is also possibly part of why players wouldn't do that to themselves, also with the following (logical) thought - this is never a winner if i was staying back..

4. Getting lobed - mainly in the case when you tend to go chase it. You're again reaching at it, but it bounces too fast and you can't get it, or if you do, you just can't put it back to play....or if you do - an easy smash follows.
It's quite frustrating, especially after a defensive lob.

When it's an attacking lob and you just feel beaten already at the net, one would rather appreciate the craftiness of his opponent and applaud, instead of being too frustrated, but this defensive flick that goes right above your frame and you run after unable to put back....grrr

5. You net a BH slice in a slice to slice battle exchange - that is frustrating for your ego, you almost feel you've been beaten as a man.
Slice to slice, to slice, to...fork, net
Your confidence is crushed, your opponent has screwed you in a game of mind and technical abilities, you feel like a mug.

What are your top 5 worst feelings on court, coming from a playing situation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your top 5 most painful situations on court

Catching your balls with the frame of the racket when executing a tweener. Hands down.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

never happened to me, so can't judge, but should be a bummer indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
country flag MDot

MDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond repute

missing a smash is painful but i dont blame myself when i get passed at the net. I usually feel when i can go up to the net i just know i have to practice the execution more and more.. training is everything. Sometimes i miss the preparing shot but mostly i know my ideas are good. (maybe i have too much confiednce )

I really like playing volley but you have to be careful hitting a good shot before you go up DTL to the sides because it's harder to lob and you can cover the court easier and if you feel that you cant finish hit a volley DTL and finish after that.

Last edited by MDot : 03-25-2014 at 03:33 PM.
MDot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
country flag Popo21

Popo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond reputePopo21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hitting easy FH sitters into the net for me. Especially because every single time I know that I dont need power, just placement but I still try to rip it in the corner

For me missing a smash is almost comical, so I usually just laugh it off. Going from *40-0 to BP is the next worse for me. So much pressure on that serve, especially on a second.

Crazies Dolgopolov - Fognini - Janowicz - Gulbis

Young Guns Thiem - Vesely - Coppejans
Popo21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote