Kiwi's Wimbledon 2005 - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #76
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi's Wimbledon 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
LOL, you can watch it? and I was just informed by an other German poster that on Friday we have two football matches from the Junior World Cup on TV evening... that means we will get to see almost nothing live of Kiwi's match except he would play the first match on one of the courts then there would be a chance

fucking frigging Junior World Cup..... It's very likely that this fucking event spoils the tennis and this match enormously
HE HAS TO BE ON TV ON FRIDAY! They've showed every Roger for the last two years almost ( excluding when he played Kiwi at IW ) and its Wimbledon so they've been showing all Roger's matches like two times lol.... And we have 11 hours of coverage, so Roger better be in that 10 hours
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 08:20 PM   #77
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Friday's Order of Play ::

Centre Court 1.00 pm Start

Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)[3] vs. Justin Gimelstob (USA)

Ladies' Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Roberta Vinci (ITA) vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)[15]

Gentlemen's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Roger Federer (SUI)[1] vs. Nicolas Kiefer (GER)[25]

Auf Gehts Kiwi !!
Old 06-25-2005, 12:36 PM   #78
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Roger won first set easily 6-2
Kiwi won second set 7-6(5) Kiwi was down 1-4 and 2-5 in the tiebreak good fight there

Hope he keeps playing well in the third and fourth sets.
C'mon Kiwi.

I am happy he got one set from Roger, no matter what's the outcome of this match.

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 12:38 PM   #79
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi's broken already in the third, down 0-2 now
Fight Kiwi. He hasn't got a single opportunity to break roger's serve so far

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

GOOD LUCK: Nicolas Kiefer- Tommy Robredo- Andy Roddick- Andre Agassi- Andrei Pavel- Juan Carlos Ferrero- Dominik Hrbaty- Mardy Fish
Old 06-25-2005, 01:51 PM   #80
country flag kfh_9118

Kiwi lost the match 2-6 7-6(5) 1-6 5-7

He had a chance to make it to the fifth set, serving at 5-3 in the fourth set, lead 30-15, however he played too safe to allow Roger getting back to the match. Once he couldn't close the set, he lost a bit of momentum there, Kiwi got angry a few times, and I knew he'll lose the match

Overall, not a bad effort from Kiefer, he got 1 set from Roger, almost forced the rubber set, so I am happy for his performance here in Wimbledon (he could have got further if not facing Roger in the 3rd Rd).

Hope he will do better in his next tournaments.

All the best, Kiwi

"K I W I"

K I E F E R

Old 06-25-2005, 02:13 PM   #81
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

I'm very proud of Kiwi for this result. All I have to say is BRING ON THE HARD COURTS! Let's hope for an effort like last summer but with some tournament wins
Old 06-25-2005, 03:12 PM   #82
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad that he didn't get destroyed completely and that Federer also didn't get the best day today. Too bad that he didn't get into the fifth set, almost no first serves when he needed to serve out the set

But overall it was a good performance and I wished that Kiwi could play like that and even better more times.

At the end the result is the wrong outcome for me, but I have to extract the positive moment out of this match, namely those when Kiwi made Federer look like an ordinary top 30 player

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #83
country flag zethand

zethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond reputezethand has a reputation beyond repute

I was mad at him when he lost his op to win the 4th... But he played outstanding against Federer... Federer was kind of desperate when he lost the 2nd...
Well done Kiwi! Im not mad anymore
zethand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:05 PM   #84
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, you said it zethand. That's what Kiwi was missing in this match: he was missing the ability to knock at Federer again in situations that could have Federer seriously rattled.

For example, the way the third set started was toooooo good for Federer. He broke Kiwi in the 2nd game of the third set and this of course was a golden start again for Federer because it made him quickly forget the loss of the 2nd set, which was actually a kind of seldomly seen choke because he was up two minibreaks in that tiebreak already. I wished Kiwi would have played a closer third set, but the start was already sup-optimal. Towards the end of the third set, Kiwi played a great last game of the set as he was already down 0-40 on Federer's serve and with great play and very offensive returns (winners), he earned his first break point of the match there. Another return which would have been a winner was just barely denied by the net cord. But I think that was a good basement for a better fourth set.

The other thing was that he failed to consolidate the two breaks of serve against Federer. I wished that he held just one more time after these breaks, just for the feeling how it is to lead by break of serve against Federer. Damn!

Two key situations for me. A third one would be not high enough 1st serve percentage (not enough free/easy points and aces) over the whole match, especially in situations where it counted.

But overall I'm not so mad at Kiwi, because he did a better job than in his previous matches Just the opponent was of a much higher profile of player...

Goooooooooooooo Kiwi for US Hardcourt Season!!!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #85
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

I wish I had watched the entire match, but of course ESPN2 had to show venus and sharapova so we just saw the tiebreak and 3 other games. But just the fact that he could go up to Roger, not only take a set but give him some scares makes me happy. Maybe it'll shut up some of the haters, but I doubt it.
I was never really sad / mad , maybe cuz i didnt get to see the whole match... I hope he does not get down on himself.... I guess we'll have to wait and see what he writes on his site, hopefully he is going into the US Hard courts very positive
Old 06-25-2005, 04:54 PM   #86
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Goooooooooooooo Kiwi for US Hardcourt Season!!!
Yep... Good match against God

Kiwi

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:59 PM   #87
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

ps -- here are some pictures from today's match
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsroger1.jpg (72.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger2.jpg (55.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger003.jpg (18.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger004.jpg (17.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger0005.jpg (18.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger006.jpg (26.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger6.jpg (67.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger7.jpg (59.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger009.jpg (17.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger010.jpg (22.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-25-2005, 05:02 PM   #88
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

and some more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vsroger012.jpg (17.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger015.jpg (19.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger007.jpg (18.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger016.jpg (18.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger017.jpg (17.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger0021.jpg (15.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vsroger0022.jpg (19.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg vsRoger022.jpg (16.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-25-2005, 05:09 PM   #89
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't expecting too much and Nicolas far exceeded my expectations. Such a pity that it didn't go into a 5th but we will never never know what the outcome could have been.

If Nicolas played this well and determind in ALL his matches, there is no reason why he should lose to anyone.

I hope he get's something postive out of this loss and apply it toward a winning summer US hardcourt season. He has lots of points to defend.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 06:28 PM   #90
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

A side from not being able to close out the 4th...I hope that he can be proud of himself for how he played the match. Especially coming back in that 2nd set TB. He did well today
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote