The "i hope to get my second major of 2005 at Wimbledon!" thread - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #481
jmp

jmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "i hope to get my second major of 2005 at Wimbledon!" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool
It was mutual. Hippo needed a lefty and JMac needed to feel like he was still 24
Think again Balding Grey!

luna, I'm pretty sure I have it. I just haven't taken the time to rewind and watch it. I played yesterday's ESPN2 morning coverage and NBCs coverage on tape AFTER I watched the ESPN2 afternoon coverage. I fell asleep with the tape going. So.many.tapes...

As for Marat's statement on oldness. It was obvious that the reporter was asking how the guy played tennis. So, Marat's answer was very clever in his usual charismatic way. I don't know why the girl from that doubles interview would be about to burst into tears. Yesterday I played a really good male racquetball player who was playing left handed while his right wrist healed. I talked smack the whole time and we both had a good laugh. I would have told Marat to keep playing like crap and this girl would keep kicking his butt. hehe

Saumon, I know I'm supposed to know Rosset's name and why I'm supposed to know it. I just can't come up with anything. So, tell us his nationality, why he's supposed to be a known name, and why he was hitting with Marat on that occassion.
jmp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #482
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie, Rosset is from Switzerland, he's the captain of the Swiss DC team (but sometimes also play with the team).
And he's a very good friend of Marat, which explains why they're training together sometimes.

The comment about oldness... i'm no too sure but i think he said something like that about Pioline last year too. Before the final of Bercy Marat was looking for a training partner and couldn't find any (last tournament of the season, all players were on holidays, or had left to prepare for the Masters Cup... no one in Bercy except for Stepanek, and the dubs teams).
For some reason Marat wanted to train with a French player. But they had all left Paris already. So Cedric Pioline trained with him. And i think Marat then did say something similar to what he had said about Rosset. But i might be wrong.

Luna>> Pioline is a former player too, and now a co-director of the TMS Bercy... but see, he still trains with active players when they ask politely

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 11:41 PM   #483
jmp

jmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond reputejmp has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Steph.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:51 AM   #484
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Éowyn
i would officially like to appologise to all marat fans! it's my fault he lost! i have been seeing a number of players in the corridor under #1 court before their matches and have wished various players luck! today i saw feli and marat (& rafa) everyone was wishing marat luck and i felt bad for feli so i wished him luck!

i appologise but i felt sorry for feli and he looked so cute i couldn't help it! it's all my fault! i'm sorry however i do have some very lovely marat piccies for you all when i get back after the tourny is over! i went on the photographers platform and got some great pics

again sorry my bad! won't happen again! (unless he plays one of my boys)

oh and ps marat looks much hotter irl!
JJ me dear... i hope you know that because of that mistake...u're going to get a fishy attack from penny

can't wait for the piccies!!!!!!!!
how are the strawberries selling?
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 04:38 AM   #485
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita
The comment about oldness...
It was a joke, kind of pun.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:40 AM   #486
jmp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. That's why I said he answered it cleverly when that was not the reporter's aim. That's also why I put the 'lol' smiley after I typed that he was cruel. Marat has a great sense of humor. Even the quote in the title of this thread was made tongue in cheek.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #487
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer
I know i just said i think he said the same last year after he trained with Cedric

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:13 PM   #488
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyThePenguin
JJ me dear... i hope you know that because of that mistake...u're going to get a fishy attack from penny

can't wait for the piccies!!!!!!!!
how are the strawberries selling?
strawberries selling was boring and shit paying tennis was good! quit this morning after mario and richard went out yesterday! hehe

would i be saved from a fishy attack if i pointed out i got you novak piccies and some oli ones to?
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 04:24 PM   #489
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp
Hi All,

I have to say I'm very, very proud of Mr. Safin's grass run. I'm a little disappointed about today. But, I didn't see much this morning and it happened SO fast that it hasn't had time to sink in, yet. I saw that ESPN2 was showing the match some time this afternoon on tape delay. So, hopefully I have it on tape and can watch it later. A big CONGRATS to Feli. As nice as his lefty grass game looked in the glimpses I saw this morning, I don't think he has all the elements necessary to make it to the final and prevail. I KNOW Marat can test the top three seeds. At any rate, I would like to see Feli go deeper and show more of his grass skills. Good luck, Feli.

Take care of your mind and body, dear Marat, so you can come back strong and make us SHAKE.

I love Marat's KILLER look. Raw anger. I hope he can channel that force in a positive way against his opponents.

I totally blame JJ for wishing Feli luck and ESPN2 for not featuring Marat's match and the Wimbledon schedulers for not putting Marat on CC for his loss today. There is absolutely no way that Marat had anything to do with his own loss today.

Thank you for the pics, Sol. I can't wait to see yours, JJ. I can only imagine how VERY VERY nice he looks irl!!

you're a great, loving, resilient bunch, Safinholics. Hang tough!
very sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls
JJ ---> don't do it again!! ... can't wait for your pics
well he won't be here for another year so i can't do it again
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:52 AM   #490
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Éowyn
strawberries selling was boring and shit paying tennis was good! quit this morning after mario and richard went out yesterday! hehe

would i be saved from a fishy attack if i pointed out i got you novak piccies and some oli ones to?

hmmmm.....i'll think about it talk to you sooN!
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote