Passionate about tennis / El tenis es mi pasión - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-11-2005, 04:56 PM   #1
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passionate about tennis / El tenis es mi pasión

Hi / Hola,

I've been coming to these forums for a few months now - started out just reading every once in a while but lately it seems I'm checking up on things almost every day. Everyone seems friendly and to care about tennis a lot like I do so I decided I should join since I don't know anyone who follows tennis and I've been annoying co-workers and friends with random rants about professional tennis. I thought it was best to find some like-minded individuals to talk tennis with, luckily I found this place.

I'm 26 and live in Warren County Ohio (very near TMS Cincinnati). Most people call me Jami but you can call me by my Spanish nickname Isabel, which was chosen because my little brother always said I looked like an Elizabeth and Isabel is Spanish for Elizabeth. I took about 2.5 years of Spanish ( 1 high school, 1.5 university) but I've recently decided to take out my dusty textbooks to try to remember and use the beautiful language that so many of the best tennis players in the world speak.

I chose my username because for a year now I have taken lessons and played. I'm a lefty with a nice two hand backhand, okay serve, error prone forehand but yet I can hit consistently with a two hand RIGHTY backhand. My instructor says I can play with either hand. I'm thinking of giving it a go at using both backhands and the lefty serve. Any thoughts?

I first became interested in tennis watching TMS Cincinnati 2001 on ESPN/ESPN2. I watched Andy Roddick and James Blake and was surprised to find out the US had some tennis hopes after Sampras and Agassi retire. Enjoyed it so much I promised myself I'd go to TMS Cincy 2002 and see live tennis for the first time if I was in the country (I lived in London, England for part of 2001 & 2002). I had moved to Cincy by tournament time so I went to see the night session on the Tuesday, it was Sampras vs Cańas 3 set thriller with Pete pulling it out in the end. I left that night so pumped up I felt like I had played. I was hooked and came back the next night early since I had to buy a ticket at the gate and saw the tail end of Michael Chang winning his match against Fernando Vicente (I believe). I stayed on the Grandstand court to watch James Blake vs Juan Carlos Ferrero (Agassi was schooling Coria on Center Court at the same time). Blake impressed me even more that night even though he lost in 3 to Ferrero and that night he became my fave American player. For 2003 I got a series subscription and went every day - was most impressed by Mardy Fish that year (lost in final to Roddick despite never having his serve broken). I decided to make the tournament an annual tradition and 2004 did not disappoint with the return of Agassi, Haas, & Safin who missed 2003. As far as up-and-coming players last year Robin Soderling (reached 3rd round to lose to Haas) and David Ferrer (who only lost to Srichaphan in the 1st round due to fans screaming at Paradorn to pump him up in the 3rd) caught my eye. Each year the tennis seems to be getting better and better IMHO.

I just realized how long this post is, I'm shutting up now. Lo siento.

Isabel
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
country flag NiciSunflower

NiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond reputeNiciSunflower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passionate about tennis / El tenis es mi pasión

Wow, this is the longest intro I've ever seen around here! Welcome Isabel Hope you'll have fun posting.

Nici
Old 06-12-2005, 03:01 AM   #3
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome

Bienvenida

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:39 AM   #4
country flag RodLo

RodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond reputeRodLo has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome
Old 06-14-2005, 12:37 AM   #5
country flag ultraX

ultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond reputeultraX has a reputation beyond repute

Hola Isabel!

welcome and nice to meet you!
I clearly understood what you meant. It's so nice that you could share your story with us.

if you really love Tennis, Tennis should be a sport of lifestyle!

now it's still ANDRE AGASSI, JAMES BLAKE
Rafael Nadal, Richard Gasquet, Gaston Gaudio, Mariano Puerta, Feliciano Lopez, Guillermo Coria
ultraX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote