ARGENTINA vs GERMANY - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-07-2003, 09:09 PM   #16
Lucas Arg

Lucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody!

I ve just arrived from the stadium.

Gaudio played amazing tennis against Schuettler. He outplayed the german so much with hir backhand and his returns.

Bravo Gaston!

David played well but not great, the match was kind of boring, but David won anyway

Tomorrow is the doubles match.

DAVID NALBANDIAN - GUILLERMO CAÑAS
JUAN IGNACIO CHELA - GUILLERMO CORIA
GASTON GAUDIO - JUAN MARTIN DEL POTRO
JOSE ACASUSO - AGUSTIN CALLERI
MARIANO ZABALETA - MARTIN GARCIA
DIEGO HARTFIELD - JUAN MONACO
JUAN PABLO GUZMAN - CARLOS BERLOCQ
SERGIO ROITMAN - MARTIN VASALLO ARGUELLO
Lucas Arg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2003, 09:46 PM   #17
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully David and Lucus will pull out the doubles match so that Sunday is meaningless

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 09:47 PM   #18

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

But none of this 19-17 in fifth crap

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:44 AM   #19
Jessy_ar

Jessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond repute

Good start for Argentina
Old 02-08-2003, 05:50 PM   #20
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

This match is swinging back and forth ridiculously - the first set 6-1 to the Argentines, the second 6-0 to the Germans and then also the third set 6-4, now Arnold and Nalbandian have taken the fourth 6-1... Schuettler/Kohlmann just held serve at the start of the decider.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:28 PM   #21
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Arnold/Nalbandian def. Kohlmann/Schuettler 6-1, 0-6, 4-6, 6-1, 6-2

Typical, another close match the Argies weaselled out of where they should have lost. Even if Nalbandian was favoured on clay, a live-rubber rematch with Schuettler tomorrow would have been interesting, now they'll probably put Chela in his place.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 07:51 PM   #22
Jessy_ar

Jessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond reputeJessy_ar has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Argentina
Attached Images
File Type: bmp arg.bmp (133.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-08-2003, 08:56 PM   #23

The last time - and only time - that David played Rainer on clay, it went to three sets, with the first two being split in tie breaks.

Something like 7-6 6-7 6-1

So yes - that match certaintly had more potential than did the Gaudio-Rainer match.

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:29 AM   #24
lokon

lokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond reputelokon has a reputation beyond repute

congrats to the argentines and of course David
lokon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 07:21 AM   #25
Lucas Arg

Lucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond reputeLucas Arg has a reputation beyond repute

Argentina is in quarters!!!

The double match today was very good, both teams played very very well, but Lucas and David finished the german hopes playing too good in the 4th and 5th set.

Congrats BOYS!!!

Old 02-09-2003, 07:50 AM   #26
lin

lin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond reputelin has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Argentina and David
lin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:53 AM   #27

A home tie against Russia could be very interesting - and tough. (assuming that the Russia's come through today)

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:18 AM   #28
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Argentina!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 01:26 PM   #29
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

congrats Argentina!! especially to Gaudio for bageling Rainer.

this is terrific; i'm so happy!!!

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 08:16 PM   #30
Lucas Arg

Argentina beat Germany 5-0

The quarters will be against Russia in Buenos Aires, on CLAY

The revenge is coming