An important moment for David - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2005, 07:13 PM   #1
country flag Kiank

Kiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond repute
Default An important moment for David

Hi everybody!
I am a fan of David and very concerned with what’s happening with him lately. To me, David and his team must sound the alarm and take immediate actions otherwise he’s going to turn into an average tour player very soon. Sorry I’m not here with Rosie and others who don’t care about David’s ranking and think David might feel happier approaching matches as the “underdog” instead of the “big seed” – I’m sure David doesn’t see himself this way! He was recently dreaming about becoming #1, after all.
And sorry, I don’t believe that “his team is doing a great job”, that “he is working hard” and it’s just about “personal issues”. Every professional deals with personal issues, and must learn how to become stronger under any circumstances.
I don’t know who is responsible for scheduling his tour calendar; it’s terrible in my opinion, one of the worst. I don’t know if someone works to improve his serve – everyone’s talking about, but there’s no progress at all. I don’t know if anyone is trying to draw his attention to the mental aspect of his game. His attitude lately looks so unprofessional.
David is a huge talent, and if he is not at least top 5 at this moment, something is definitely wrong – and “personal problems” is a very bad argument.
Kiank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
country flag gooner88

gooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond reputegooner88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An important moment for David

You bring up some valid points Kiank, but they've all been discussed on various threads in this forum before.
Nalbo is currently going through a tough time, but all pro's experience them. He'll be a better and stronger player for it.
Patience is required if you are a fan of Nalbo, because he will show his true colours eventually.
gooner88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:49 PM   #3
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum
And I agree with gooner's post
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:55 PM   #4
country flag frula08

frula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond repute

i think that we have to relax, he usually have this on and off in his tennis (that is why he is not in a better possition in the entry sistem), last year after RG, he seemed to be almost retired, he played very bad in a lot of tournaments, and then he finished the year reaching two finals (being injured in his knee).
frula08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #5
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frula08
i think that we have to relax, he usually have this on and off in his tennis (that is why he is not in a better possition in the entry sistem), last year after RG, he seemed to be almost retired, he played very bad in a lot of tournaments, and then he finished the year reaching two finals (being injured in his knee).
You may be right, but I don't want to begin making excuses for his performances of late. It's becoming rather "old hat", if I'm making sense here.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #6
country flag frula08

frula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond reputefrula08 has a reputation beyond repute

i am not looking for excuses, but unfortunatelly is something normal in him, every year he has been having this on and off in his tennis.
2002: after wimbledon final, he played very bad untill he won in basel defeating federer and henman.
2003: he began the year very well with his QF in AO, then semis in hamburg, and then a very bad year untill toronto,cincinatti, US OPEN, and basel, finishing the year with TMC.
2004: he was one of the two best tennis player in the world in january (the other one was federer), he was excellent and he got injured, then semis in rg, and then injuries again untill he finished the year with two finals.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
country flag Kiank

Kiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond reputeKiank has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody for welcoming!

Gooner, I think we all are patient waiting for David's first Grand Slam title. I just tried to express my concern... I just think he needs to change his attitude and his approach to everything rapidly. If I get injured all the time, something is wrong with my physical preparation. If everything irritates me on the court, something is wrong with my mental. If I can't hold my serve, something is wrong with my serve. With hard work, it doesn't take years to improve the serve, Agassi and Hewitt are a good example.
So you guys think David and his team are doing everything right, and it's just about "going through tough times that every pro expreriences"? Again, I would be happy to see David going back to top very soon, but I think he will need to change his professional attitude radically.
Kiank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 11:34 PM   #8
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frula08
i am not looking for excuses, but unfortunatelly is something normal in him, every year he has been having this on and off in his tennis.
2002: after wimbledon final, he played very bad untill he won in basel defeating federer and henman.
2003: he began the year very well with his QF in AO, then semis in hamburg, and then a very bad year untill toronto,cincinatti, US OPEN, and basel, finishing the year with TMC.
2004: he was one of the two best tennis player in the world in january (the other one was federer), he was excellent and he got injured, then semis in rg, and then injuries again untill he finished the year with two finals.
While this is true, some effort must be made to break that pattern. I don't know if some of his results are "letdowns" from prior successes, but if he's gonna be in the hunt again, he'd better address that quickly.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:51 PM   #9
country flag bovenbuuf

bovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond reputebovenbuuf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiank
So you guys think David and his team are doing everything right, and it's just about "going through tough times that every pro expreriences"? Again, I would be happy to see David going back to top very soon, but I think he will need to change his professional attitude radically.
Well I think its not completely "going through tough times that every pro expreriences" think it also has to do with personal things, like a beloved person who passed away. These things take a lot of time to deal with.. and well its not that its just something that can be dealed with in just 2 months, but well guess you just have to been in that kind of situation to feel how its like..

And yes I do agree with you on the "Every professional deals with personal issues, and must learn how to become stronger under any circumstances" but well for some people it just takes more time. And well he will learn a great lesson from this situation and it probably makes him stronger too...but we are just human beings and some things can't be rushed or just stop feeling any emotions..

So well maybe not everything is right at the moment, but well like gooner said, for us patience is the main thing. And well for him the support of his family, his team he has right now and his fans...
bovenbuuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #10
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovenbuuf
Well I think its not completely "going through tough times that every pro expreriences" think it also has to do with personal things, like a beloved person who passed away. These things take a lot of time to deal with.. and well its not that its just something that can be dealed with in just 2 months, but well guess you just have to been in that kind of situation to feel how its like..

And yes I do agree with you on the "Every professional deals with personal issues, and must learn how to become stronger under any circumstances" but well for some people it just takes more time. And well he will learn a great lesson from this situation and it probably makes him stronger too...but we are just human beings and some things can't be rushed or just stop feeling any emotions..

So well maybe not everything is right at the moment, but well like gooner said, for us patience is the main thing. And well for him the support of his family, his team he has right now and his fans...
Couldn't agree more...well said Jud
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 02:55 PM   #11
country flag frula08

i think that we will have to wait for his tennis, it will appear again, dont forget that he has been one of the best tennis player in the world since he is 16 years old, is not that he have some good months.
i think that maybe this lack of results has to do with his body training, he is making some changes and you need time to adapt to those changes, as well as coria need time, he also needs it. He must be doing a job to avoid injuries, and to do that you need a much stronger body, and he looks much more in shape than three of four months ago, if you see his legs he has much more muscles in his legs that some months ago, he seems to be a football player.
so we have to wait, and when his head is OK, his body will be in excellent shape, and his tennis will be as good as usual or even better.
in argentina we said that men become men by recibing strong hits (of any kind) and david is becoming a men.

Last edited by frula08 : 06-13-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #12
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

Signing off:
He has proven us all wrong by winning Shanghai. Here's to more memorable performances in 2006. Thank you, David, for that epic win. We'll never forget it.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:52 AM   #13
country flag rachelzszs

rachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond reputerachelzszs has a reputation beyond repute

The most important thing is: we are all happy with this!
So great!
That's enough!
Marat Safin, Richard Gasquet

You all simply the best!
Bryans Roger Gaston Pim Mardy Lopez Rafa
rachelzszs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote