Dinara! Part 1 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 09:57 AM   #46
maratgirl

maratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond reputemaratgirl has a reputation beyond repute

saw that movie too
"And how to say this one? The Russian one, doesn't have a bad one also. What is his name, the young one, the tall one? This guy, you know (laughter)? The one not playing too bad. He beat once Sampras in the finals of US Open. Do you know him (laughter)? Safin, maybe Safin? I mean, I don't know, I consider myself I don't have a bad backhand. Not super, but I'm working on it."

VAMOS

Marat&Rafa
* a little bit more 4 marat because he needs it *
maratgirl is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2003, 12:45 AM   #47
country flag Anik

Anik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond reputeAnik has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have photos of Dinara in Palermo 2003 in my website...

www.dinarasafina.com >> Others >> Galleries >> 2003 Tournaments

bye bye
Anik is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #48
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dinara!

Thank you

Great pics
Old 07-30-2003, 02:12 AM   #49
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Dinara!

Dinara beat Sakowics 6/4 4/6 6/2
and will play Pennetta next

experience DENIAL
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=76493

tall_one is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-30-2003, 11:08 PM   #50
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

At least Dinara is doing well. In the second rnd she beat Penetta 61 76.

Keep it up, Dinara!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-31-2003, 02:00 PM   #51
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck in your next match, Dinara
Old 08-01-2003, 01:26 AM   #52
tall_one

tall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond reputetall_one has a reputation beyond repute

Dinara lost to Pistolesi 6/7 6/1 4/1 ret
Supposely Dinara retired due to the heat...

experience DENIAL

Old 08-28-2003, 11:31 AM   #53
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Dinara!

Today Dinara will play her 2nd round match against Cervanova on court 7, 11:00 new york time. She has a good change to go through round 4...when she wins this one she will play either Schaul or Reeves!

Davai Dinara
Old 08-29-2003, 02:13 AM   #54
tall_one

Default Re: Re: Re: Dinara!

Dinara beat Cervanova 6/4 6/1
and plays Schaul next.

experience DENIAL

Old 08-31-2003, 06:36 PM   #55
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Dinara!

Dinara won 6-4 7-5 against Schaul

Now she will face Henin-Hardenne.

Davai Dinara! Try your best out there
Old 09-01-2003, 02:47 AM   #56
tall_one

Talking Dinara!

I found this interview on http://www.dinarasafina.com I think the interview was done in (or translated into) French and the webmistress tried to translate it into english so I'm not sure if some of the parts that don't make as much sense are due to Dinara's english or the webmistress' english... so I've switched some of the words around in the interview, anything in italics has been altered by me, if you want to read the unaltered version feel free to visit the website

US Open

31/08/2003
Dinara Safina, the little sister of big Marat

Sunday 31 aug 2003 - NEW YORK (AFP)
The young Russian Dinara Safina, qualified for the 4th round of US Open of tennis, for the first time of her career in a Grand Slam, would like to walk in the footstepsof her famous brother, Marat, the surprise winner in New York in 2000.

"I walk on his footsteps. I hope to achieve the same course as or to still better do to him. But I still have far to go", laughs Safina, who faces the Belgian Justine Henin-Hardenne, the number 2 seed, Monday in the fourth round.

Safina (1m82 and 70 kilos) is trained by her mother, Raouza Islanova, but specifies that her brother's precise also invaluable councils to her for better managing her career.

"It helps me alot. Not only for tennis but also for all that occurs in-outside ground ", the Russian concedes, who however is disappointed to not be able to share her happiness with her big brother.

"It is always a dream to pass one, two or three rounds in a tournament of the Grand Slam. I would so much have liked to share this moment with Marat but, unfortunately,he is not there."

The big brother, out with US Open, is currently in Moscow, where he slowly recovers from his left wrist injury.

Safina, 17 years, had a beautiful season in 2003, punctuated by her second title on circuit WTA (this summer in Palermo). The Russian knows however that she must improve certain aspects of her play to cross a new stage.

"Of the players like Kim (Clijsters) and Justine are so fast that it is necessary oneself to be made violence to be able to compete with them", explained the small sister, ranked 71 in the world. "I must also try to be more regular while remaining powerful".

Safina hadn't passed the 1st round in 2003 Grand Slams, a mishap which it especially justifies by the quality of the adversaries met this year.

"I really did not have chances this year. I always fell on players classified very well: Slovène Katarina Srebotnik in Australia, the Russian Anastasia Myskina in Roland-Garros and Australian Alicia Molik in Wimbledon."

Next up, Safina is hardly made illusions vs Henin-Hardenne, one of big favorite of the tournament.

"You know, if I win a set and that I am not ridiculous, I will be already very happy", she entrusted.

"She is a so complete player, if strong mentally that if one releases taken as of the first play, it will be very difficult to hold rate."

==================================================
here is another article
==================================================
The Genes to Succeed at the Open
By CHRISTOPHER CLAREY

The most prominent member of Russia's first tennis family is nowhere to be seen at Flushing Meadows. Marat Safin, who won the United States Open in 2000, was here early last week, long enough to have the cast on his left wrist removed and to watch his younger sister, Dinara Safina, win her opening match.

The 71st-ranked Safina has not stopped winning. She advanced to the fourth round of a Grand Slam tournament for the first time, with a 6-4, 7-5 victory over Claudine Schaul of Luxembourg on Saturday. Her career began in earnest last year at the Open, when she won her first match, then won only one game against Serena Williams in the next.

Despite that experience, she still considers the Open her favorite major tournament. "I just like New York, from the juniors and maybe because my brother won here," the 17-year-old Safina said yesterday.

Her brother won in such style at age 20 - ripping through Pete Sampras in straight sets with his athleticism and impressive two-handed backhand - that it looked very much as if a new tennis era had begun. But it has yet to materialize.

Despite all his talent, Safin has been held back, mostly by injuries. Though he briefly reached No. 1 in the world in 2000, he has yet to win another major title. As the seasons pass and younger, healthier players like Roger Federer and Andy Roddick keep improving, the odds do not increase for Safin.

Though he was brilliant down the stretch last season and in top form in leading Russia to its first Davis Cup title, he has played sparingly this year because of a torn ligament in his wrist. The injury forced him to retire from the Australian Open in January and miss the last three Grand Slam events.

"The game needs a guy like that around; he's a great personality for the game of tennis," said Lleyton Hewitt, who blamed the length of the season, in part, for Safin's physical problems.

Referring to the men's tour and the International Tennis Federation, Hewitt added: "I think there's got to be a way that the ATP or the I.T.F. or everyone has to sit down and work out the schedule. I think the reason I got the chickenpox at the end of 2001 was because I was run down from playing so many matches and a Davis Cup final."

Safina, who splits her time between her native Moscow and her training base in Spain near Valencia, does not yet risk playing too many matches on the WTA Tour. Because of her age, she is still limited by the Tour's age-eligibility rules.

Nearly 6 feet tall, she is, like her brother, an intimidating presence. Though she has won three rounds at the Open, she has yet to play a seeded player. That will change tonight, when she faces second-seeded Justine Henin-Hardenne of Belgium, the French Open champion.

"I'm not thinking about winning the tournament yet," Safina said with a laugh. "I'm just thinking about my match tomorrow and just to play good. Last year, I won one game. This year, I will try to win two games and then we'll see."

experience DENIAL

Last edited by tall_one : 09-02-2003 at 04:04 AM.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:02 AM   #57
tall_one

Unhappy Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dinara!

Dinara lost to Henin 6/0 6/3

experience DENIAL

Old 09-07-2003, 02:56 AM   #58
tall_one

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dinara!

Dinara plays Anglique Widjaja in the 1st round of the Wismilak International Tennis Tournament.

Go Dinara!

experience DENIAL

Old 09-07-2003, 09:10 PM   #59
country flag Shadow

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dinara!

Davai Dinara
Old 09-11-2003, 01:10 AM   #60
tall_one

Unhappy Dinara!

Dinara lost to Widjaja 7/6 4/6 7/5

Dementieva, Rubin Cruise In Bali

BALI, Indonesia - Top-seeded American Chanda Rubin and No. 2 Elena Dementieva of Russia both breezed to straight-sets wins in the second round of the $225,000 Wismilak International, while local favorite Angelique Widjaja registered an exciting first-round win.

Rubin, seeking her third title of the year, routed Spain's Maria Sanchez Lorenzo, 6-2, 6-2 to advance to the quarterfinals of this Tier III hardcourt event. The 27-year-old Louisiana native was upset in the first round of the U.S. Open and last month had to withdraw from the Canadian Open with a shoulder injury.

Dementieva, who lost in the fourth round of the U.S. Open to Jennifer Capiriati, ousted German Anna-Lena Groenefeld, 6-4, 6-1.

Widjaja, who hails from Bandung, got past promising Russian Dinara Safina, 7-6, 4-6, 7-5. The match was halted by rain after the first two sets, marking the first time in three years rain has stopped play here.

After the rain delay, Widjaja scored the first 10 points, but Safina - the younger sister of former men's No. 1 Marat Safin - roared back to take a 5-3 lead before the 18-year-old Indonesian was buoyed by the partisan crowd. Widjaja became the first Indonesian to win a Wimbledon title in 2001, when she recorded a 6-4, 0-6, 7-5 triumph over Safina to win the junior girls title.

"In the past I have often been up in the match, but then I lost," Widjaja said. "This time I thought I had lost, but I won. I'm happy with the result today. She was playing well, but I was playing well also. I focused well in the third set. That's what makes me happy."

German Anca Barna registered a 6-3, 1-6, 6-3 victory over eighth-seeded Korean Jeong Cho to earn a quarterfinal encounter with Rubin.

Japan's Saori Obata reached the quarterfinals here for the second straight year with a convincing 6-1, 6-1 win over Austrian Barbara Schett.

Third-seeded Spaniard Conchita Martinez moved into the second round with a 6-1, 7-6 (7-5) win over countrywoman and lucky loser Arantxa Parra. Martinez will face Venezuela's Maria Vento-Kabchi, who dispatched Spanish qualifier Rossana Neffa-De Los Rios, 6-4, 6-4.

The winner collects $35,000 and 145 rankings points.

(article off of gotennis.com)

experience DENIAL

Closed Thread