Qualifying Entry List (updated March 4, 2014) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #31
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Draw

Anyone know why so many players pulled out and so many alt's said no to playing, why qualys are so bad this year, I mean they are worse than Shanghai, which are always the worst Masters qualys?

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #32
country flag Rob_C

Rob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Entry List (updated March 2, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkulpus View Post
Oulette can't make futures MD in the beginning of year and now he will make cut-off for Masters qualification
Well, he won his 1st rd qualies match, and plays Munoz de la Nava for a spot in the MD. He's made $2800 and earned 8 ATP pts so far.

I guess it was a good decision to show up for the qualies, huh??
Rob_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:20 AM   #33
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Entry List (updated March 3, 2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
There is a challenger in Kyoto. I'm loving the carnage here in qualies... Probs a lot of guys wishing they put their name down now..
Don't act like one cruddy CH is the reason why they didn't show up for this, cause it's not, not even close.

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:09 AM   #34
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Don't act like one cruddy CH is the reason why they didn't show up for this, cause it's not, not even close.
Lol, where did I say that was the reason? Someone before said there wasn't any challengers this week and there is one. Some of the guys don't have enough money to travel to IW where they are not guaranteed to break even for travel and accommodation if they fail to make the main draw...

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:50 AM   #35
country flag J99

Quote:
Lol, where did I say that was the reason? Someone before said there wasn't any challengers this week and there is one. Some of the guys don't have enough money to travel to IW where they are not guaranteed to break even for travel and accommodation if they fail to make the main draw...
They get 1,400 just for showing up and 2,800 for winning a round, so chances are they will break even.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:12 AM   #36

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They get 1,400 just for showing up and 2,800 for winning a round, so chances are they will break even.
I always get the feeling discussing something with you is like discussing something with a nine year old. $1400 isn't really that much when you need to book a return flight to Europe, 3-4 nights of accommodation and other general expenses (keep in mind the guys also have to pay for their coaches, physios etc). For some it is simply not worth it. Players base and plan their schedule around certain parts of the year where they hope to peak. It's impossible to believe they are going to play at their best all year round, especially challenger and futures level players.

It's obviously unusual to see IW have such a low qualies cut off but it's completely understandable at the same time.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:24 AM   #37
country flag J99

Quote:
I always get the feeling discussing something with you is like discussing something with a nine year old. $1400 isn't really that much when you need to book a return flight to Europe, 3-4 nights of accommodation and other general expenses (keep in mind the guys also have to pay for their coaches, physios etc). For some it is simply not worth it. Players base and plan their schedule around certain parts of the year where they hope to peak. It's impossible to believe they are going to play at their best all year round, especially challenger and futures level players.

It's obviously unusual to see IW have such a low qualies cut off but it's completely understandable at the same time.
That's probably because you just don't get things, but hey, that's life, you live you learn, nothing to be ashamed of. Keep in mind that most players at that level don't have physios or coaches because they as you say, don't have much money, so can't afford them. 1,400 can break you even though at least.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:33 AM   #38

Quote:
That's probably because you just don't get things, but hey, that's life, you live you learn, nothing to be ashamed of. Keep in mind that most players at that level don't have physios or coaches because they as you say, don't have much money, so can't afford them. 1,400 can break you even though at least.
You're hilarious mate... You just have no idea how the tour works..

Like I said, it's unusual but not unexpected at all. The players couldn't have known this was what the list was going to end up like when they had to sign up.. You'll notice a lot of the guys that pulled out have been playing the European indoor challenger circuit for the last month after the AO.. For them, it's a time to rest, recharge the batteries and start up again in a couple of weeks.. A trip to California from Europe to play in a Masters where they would be thinking there is a good chance they could lose in Rd 1 of qualies would not be beneficial in any way..

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:38 AM   #39
country flag J99

Quote:
You're hilarious mate... You just have no idea how the tour works..

Like I said, it's unusual but not unexpected at all. The players couldn't have known this was what the list was going to end up like when they had to sign up.. You'll notice a lot of the guys that pulled out have been playing the European indoor challenger circuit for the last month after the AO.. For them, it's a time to rest, recharge the batteries and start up again in a couple of weeks.. A trip to California from Europe to play in a Masters where they would be thinking there is a good chance they could lose in Rd 1 of qualies would not be beneficial in any way..
Hardly a surprise that this would be the retort, and a very weak one at that, it's pretty obvious here who knows how things work.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 AM   #40

Quote:
Hardly a surprise that this would be the retort, and a very weak one at that, it's pretty obvious here who knows how things work.
Contrary to your extensive analysis as to why so many players are missing here? Please, enlighten me mate... Show me the light..

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #41
country flag J99

Quote:
Contrary to your extensive analysis as to why so many players are missing here? Please, enlighten me mate... Show me the light..
I'm as stumped as you are, I doubt that it's the 1,400 as you say that's keeping them away, because it's never stopped them before, I don't know if they are recharging their batteries either, because they can do that anytime during the season, plus it's still too early for that, it is maybe possible that a flight from Europe could be the reason, but there was only 1 CH event in Europe last week, the week before IW last year was pretty much the same and more players showed, so best guess is injuries.

Last edited by J99 : 03-05-2014 at 09:06 PM.