Choose Your Player
(1) CYP is simple and only takes a few minutes each week. All you need to do is choose one player from the draw. The number of points you win from the tournament will depend on how many points your chosen player won in the actual ATP tournament.
(2) A player can only be chosen once.
(3) If you choose an un-seeded player, you must predict how far your chosen player will go into the draw. If you correctly predict that, your points will be doubled.
(4) If you choose a player who is seeded between #1 and #8 in one tournament, at the next tournament -if it is from the same group- you have to choose an unseeded player.
(5) Points will differentiate between levels of tournaments and tournaments will be classified into 3 groups.
Group 1: Grand Slams
Group 2: ATP 1000s
Group 3: ATP 500s and 250s
(6) There will be two deadlines.
First deadline: Players commit to the tournament. The first deadline is the Friday before the tournament starts. Players who commit after the first deadline will be placed at the bottom of entry list.
Second deadline: Players send their preference lists to tournament manager via PM. Players must send their preference lists before the start of the first singles match of the tournament, and this is the second deadline. Late entries after second deadline are allowed but you can only choose those players whom have not play that day.
(7) How to choose player. Players should send to tournament manager via PM. A preference list of x (number) players, where x is the position on entry list. Players can wait and send preference list after the main draw is released (but must do it before second deadline).
(8) Entry list will be made by the CYP Rankings. Late entries are ordered by entry order.
(9) If you want to change your preference list, you can do that before the start of the first singles match of the tournament.
(10) Please make sure you write down the player's full name or surname. No nicknames please!
(11) Your best 16 results throughout the year will be counted for your ranking.
(12) You can play one tournament per week.
To play doubles you have to find a doubles partner and they will need to confirm.
How and when to choose doubles team?
You can choose your team only after the main doubles draw is released. The doubles draw will have to be posted in the thread before players can start choosing teams.
Both players must confirm which team they are choosing, otherwise someone else can choose that team.
You must choose your team before the start of the first doubles match of the tournament.