London Calling - Grass May Be For Cows But Nico Will Play Wimbledon! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #46
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Calling - Grass May Be For Cows But Nico Will Play Wimbledon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Yes - our Nico really, really does NOT want to mix with "Evil Vince" - he is so unpopular on the circuit even the other American players don't want to know him. I am sure Olimpo will fill you in with the details - but for starters let's just say that his attitude to women leaves a lot to be desired.......................
Rosie, yes I'll fill in NicoFan but your comment is a good first point to give her an idea and I'll continue with details then
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2005, 02:57 PM   #47
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Calling - Grass May Be For Cows But Nico Will Play Wimbledon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimpo
Rosie, yes I'll fill in NicoFan but your comment is a good first point to give her an idea and I'll continue with details then
Poor Nico - she doesn't know what she has let herself in for .

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #48
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so embarrassed here... ...I really only care about and know about my beloved spanish speaking players. And based on this, I don't want to know about these other players...though olimpo, yes, email me, because I'm curious now...and I'm a feminist so I'm sure that it will make me really mad...

And George - Larri would be good. And Guga always said Larri was like a father to him and Nico needs someone like that. Just worry that Larri won't be able to help Nico on hardcourts. Nico already is a great clay court player, he just needs confidence on the hardcourts. But Larri would take good care of him. See, I keep going back and forth on it.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 03:13 PM   #49
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
I would really like Gaby first, so hopefully whatever differences they had they can work out.
Me too - but if Gaby is coaching Vince, that won't work.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #50
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well if Vince is a S**T why would Gaby won't to coach him if he has another taker?
And I will have to go back and read the article but I don't think it was a done deal either way. Wimbly can't come fast enough for me- to at least figure out the coaching aspect!
Well sometimes you can't choose who you work with can you - it can be a case of pure finances and economics. Gaby has a family to think of now - maybe Vince's offer was good - I don't know. But I didn't think it was a done deal either.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 06-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #51
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Ok ignore my concerns/questions Rosie I just read the other forum! Guess it sounds like it was the tournie and nothing else. Good! Onto Wimbledon!
Yes - it is fun Sue, - and I wish I could come here more often too, but they are cracking down on what they called "unauthorised use of the Internet" in my office at the moment, so I have to be a bit careful during working hours, and when I'm at home there is just so much to do.

And thanks for your concerns about David - it's appreciated. And you are right in what you say - while it was the tournament that upset him in this instance, it is true to say that his Dad's death hit him very hard, and he is still very emotional and less likely to deal with extraneous things that he would have ignored or laughed off last year. It is almost 9 years since my Mother died, but I still get "bad" days when I hear a song on the radio or see something on TV and it reminds me of her and makes me cry - so it must be so hard for him, especially when you consider David's age, the fact that his Father had not been ill so the family had no time to prepare, and also the fact that David was there when it happened - he just needs time and patience.

Anyway - thanks again - and while I think of it - I'm going to have lunch with some friends at Stoke Park (where the exhibition is) tomorrow, so I'll try and find out if Nico is gong to be there like he was last year or not.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #52
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm going to have lunch with some friends at Stoke Park (where the exhibition is) tomorrow, so I'll try and find out if Nico is gong to be there like he was last year or not.
I read in a Chilean paper today that Fernando is going to play there again. I guess he's the replacement for Mardy Fish then.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:23 PM   #53
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimpo
I read in a Chilean paper today that Fernando is going to play there again. I guess he's the replacement for Mardy Fish then.
I guess so - yes, but they actually need 8 players for the competition, and so far they only have 6, as Roddick and Henman are only playing one-off exhibition matches there and not the whole competition. The six are:-

Marat Safin, David Nalbandian, Joachim Johansson, Fernando Gonzalez, Greg Rusedski and Thomas Enqvist. They normally give a "wild card" to a young British player to given them a chance to play with the "stars", - so there is still room for one more

Old 06-10-2005, 05:36 PM   #54
country flag NicoFan

I want Nico to go too!

Hey Fergie - run over to Nico's house and let him know!

And he doesn't get any respect...

Well we respect him...
Old 06-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #55
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

If you go to http://theboodles.com/htm/ you will see that they do mention Nico being there last year - even thought they spell his name the English way!!!!

And - yes - I do like Stoke Park better than Queens - it's a completely different thing. For a start it's not just a snooty tennis club, - they play golf there, have a gym and a health/fitness club, the gardens are beautiful, there are some shops selling perfume, jewellery and other "essential" items and there is a wonderful Hotel/Country Clubhouse there where you can have a drink or a really nice meal.

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 06-10-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:00 PM   #56
country flag olimpo

Quote:
For a start it's not just a snooty tennis club, - they play golf there, have a gym and a health/fitness club, the gardens are beautiful, there are some shops selling perfume and other "essential" items and there is a wonderful Hotel/Country Clubhouse there where you can have a drink or a really nice meal.
mmmh that sounds very nice and thanks for the info that there will be 8 players - didn't know that as I was away last year during that week and so couldn't follow it although Fernando was there.

And have a nice day tomorrow, Rosie
Old 06-10-2005, 06:16 PM   #57
country flag NicoFan

It does sound nice....wish I could go with you Rosie!
Old 06-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #58
country flag NicoFan

Nico is travelling tomorrow (Monday) to London!!!

Buena suerte NICO!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 12:00 AM   #59
country flag NicoFan

All our chileans out there okay after the earthquake????
Old 06-14-2005, 12:41 AM   #60
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
All our chileans out there okay after the earthquake????
I'm ok because I live far of Iquique ... I guess that the other guys here are ok too

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote