London Calling - Grass May Be For Cows But Nico Will Play Wimbledon! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #31
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Calling - Grass May Be For Cows But Nico Will Play Wimbledon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
BTW Rosie - love your signature - I am a clay snob and proud of it!

I want that in my signature...lol!
You are welcome to use the "clay snob" thing Nico -it isn't original to me!!!

It was originally coined as an insult to me and other clay court fans by the ghastly tangerine_dream over on GM. I have her on IGNORE because she spends so much of her time insulting me and I haven't got time for that sort of stuff, but someone told me about it, and I thought it would be fun to turn it around on her and use it in my Sig Perthaps we ought to start a Clay Snobs" club!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #32
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London Calling - Grass May Be For Cows But Nico Will Play Wimbledon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
You are welcome to use the "clay snob" thing Nico -it isn't original to me!!!

It was originally coined as an insult to me and other clay court fans by the ghastly tangerine_dream over on GM. I have her on IGNORE because she spends so much of her time insulting me and I haven't got time for that sort of stuff, but someone told me about it, and I thought it would be fun to turn it around on her and use it in my Sig Perthaps we ought to start a Clay Snobs" club!
I love the ignore feature - though I haven't had to use it yet here, I used it on a political board I used to belong to...lol! Don't know why she'd insult you - I've read a lot of your posts, and you know a lot about the game and are always polite.

And we should start a Clay Snobs Club! To the only surface that matters...
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #33
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Update on Nico's coaching situation and his plans for Wimbledon. IMO I would prefer Gaby over Larri.

And Fergie and Alonso - there isn't anything in here about Nico going to Buenos Aires - I thought that was his plan. Have you heard anything on TV?

From latercera.cl:

The great problem that has Gabriel Markus to work again with Nicolas Massú is that at present maintains a commitment for assess technically to American Vincent Spadea over the coming weeks. Therefore, when him it is consulted on the options to guide technically by a second period al vińamarino, responds with caution.

"Look, not yet we have spoken a lot of the theme. I am in Buenos Aires and 'Nico' in Santiago and therefore I can tell you that not to have swum concrete", he commented

Massú commented that the two main options to supply the vacant position that left Patricio Rodriguez are Markus and the Brazilian Larry Passos.

The vińamarino and Markus already they worked together between ends of 2002 and June of 2004. Though publically the two did not they finish enemistados, yes was clear that the Argentine did not feel neither I please neither comfortable working with the double Olympic champion. In spite of the previous thing, the former coach of Guillermo Coria believes in the option to return with the Chilean.

"What happens is that with Nicolas do not we finish for human problems. After finalizing our relation to the two days we were conversing of the best. When there is a lot of on top pressure Nicolas is very complicated, but he is something that can work itself", commented Markus, who maintains a professional relation with the Ecuadorian Giovanni Lapentti.

The Argentine does not hide his aspirations to coach again al national tennis player. "Clear that I would like to work again with Nicolas. At this time perhaps we would not coincide for my responsibilities, but he is conversable. We finish at the moment just for damage not our relation and thus he was. 'Nico' is a player that can give a lot, but first we would have that to have a serious conversation to see what can we do together", he explained Markus.

Already has company

In every case, Massú already has who assess him in his return to the courts in two weeks. He is a matter of the Argentine Francisco Mastelli, who he works with the Peruvian Luis Horna. "Only he will accompany him in Wimbledon, nothing more. In England they will be Markus and Passos and there he will take advantage of to speak with the two to take a definition", the father he said and representative of the tennis player, Manuel Massú.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #34
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love the ignore feature - though I haven't had to use it yet here, I used it on a political board I used to belong to...lol! Don't know why she'd insult you - I've read a lot of your posts, and you know a lot about the game and are always polite.

And we should start a Clay Snobs Club! To the only surface that matters...
Thanks for the kind words - I appreciate them. I guess she insults me because I can't stand Andy Roddick, or just because she's jealous that I go to lots of tournaments - she is not the only one that does it anyway. Frankly it doesn't bother me - but as I would rather not be sworn at and insulted by people I have never met, the IGNORE button is an excellent feature!!!

Thanks for posting the article about Markus by the way - wonder what will happen?

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 06-20-2005 at 05:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #35
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words - I appreciate them. I guess she insults me because I can't stand Andy Roddick, and also because she is jealous that I go to lots of tournaments and have met a lot of players on a more social level because I used to work in the media - she is not the only one that does it anyway. Frankly it doesn't bother me - but as I would rather not be sworn at and insulted by people I have never met, the IGNORE button is an excellent feature!!!

Thanks for posting the article about Markus by the way - wonder what will happen?
I'm jealous you go to all those tournaments to and meet a lot of players...but I still like you....

I'm getting nervous about the coaching situation. He is taking his time which is good. Would love to see him with Gaby again, but looks as if Gaby may be committed to Vince. Not sure if Larri can help Nico enough on hardcourts.\

I'm laughed at on the msn board for saying this all the time (actually its a never ending wish and hope that they have to put up with continuously over there ), but the coaches from Spain are the best coaches in Europe and they have great fitness trainers. Would love to see my Nico think outside the box here and get someone from Spain.

Our poor boy has no luck at times...except for the Olympics....and all these neverending injuries starting from last fall But from what I hear, he's really happy right now and want him to continue that way with a good coach that he gets along with and feels comfortable with. Ditto with a fitness trainer.

Last edited by Neely : 06-20-2005 at 09:59 AM. Reason: deletion of Chloe's mention of Rosie's original post
Old 06-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #36
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
Hey Rosie! Well for the record I am jealous too but I would never insult you for it And you never know we may meet up one day! Hubby has his sights set on heading to Bristol England in Feb 2006 ( I know why you say as the weather is most likely lousy?). There is a conference there that he would like to attend for his work. We would most bring our kids so would have to make it to London for sure.
Well February isn't the best time of year to visit England - but it would be great to meet up with you whatever the weather To be honest I am hoping that I will be in Marseille/Rotterdam for 2 weeks in February like I was this year, but David hasn't decided whether to play those two again yet, so we will have to wait and see.

Must say I am horrified by the concept of Gaby Markus working with Vince Spadea My views on "Evil Vince" are not to be repeated in polite company - Gaby could do much better.

Old 06-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #37
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Must say I am horrified by the concept of Gaby Markus working with Vince Spadea My views on "Evil Vince" are not to be repeated in polite company - Gaby could do much better.
Oh no. And I was thinking that maybe Gaby could coach them both at the same time. That's not good if Vince is an "Evil Vince". No, my Nico needs to be with only nice people. Ditto Gaby. He's a nice guy too.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #38
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh no. And I was thinking that maybe Gaby could coach them both at the same time. That's not good if Vince is an "Evil Vince". No, my Nico needs to be with only nice people. Ditto Gaby. He's a nice guy too.
Didn’t you know about „Evil Vince“ NicoFan? That’s why I was a little bit shocked when I read your comment on your site that you want Nico to practice with Spadea. And I think I know exactly what Rosie can’t say about him in polite company
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:36 PM   #39
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Nico prefers an exclusive coach for him ... I like Gaby!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:40 PM   #40
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimpo
Didn’t you know about „Evil Vince“ NicoFan? That’s why I was a little bit shocked when I read your comment on your site that you want Nico to practice with Spadea. And I think I know exactly what Rosie can’t say about him in polite company
I don't pay attention to any of the Americans except for James and a little of Andy (sorry Rosie, I don't mind Andy - don't love him, but don't mind him either). All I care about are my beloved clay court players.

All I know about Vince is from a show they had on him for The Tennis Channel - he was kind of different but funny so no didn't know he had a reputation as "Evil Vince".

I'll have to go over to the msn board and delete my post...lol!
Old 06-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #41
country flag NicoFan

I deleted my post on msn...lol!

Like I said there, I really need to expand my knowledge of players outside of the players who speak spanish...

But then again...why? They are the only ones who count...
Old 06-10-2005, 02:46 PM   #42
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimpo
BTW - if you have time, email me olimpo on why he's know as "Evil Vince" and why Rosie said that....
Old 06-10-2005, 02:47 PM   #43
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Passos is available and Guga did well enough on hardcourts.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #44
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Spadea is an arse clown that is all anyone needs to know.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #45
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Yes - our Nico really, really does NOT want to mix with "Evil Vince" - he is so unpopular on the circuit even the other American players don't want to know him. I am sure Olimpo will fill you in with the details - but for starters let's just say that his attitude to women leaves a lot to be desired.......................