The grass is always greener... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2005, 09:46 PM   #1
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default The grass is always greener...

Well, because Gael Monfils ended up getting directly into the MD at Queens, James was given his WC!!!!!!!! So he doesn't have to qualify! YIPPEE!!!!!

Go James, have a great grass season and get your bum into the top 100!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2005, 12:47 AM   #2
country flag guida

guida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The grass is always greener...

Ditto! Go, James!
guida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #3
country flag olimpo

olimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond reputeolimpo has a reputation beyond repute

How great about the WC for Queens!

Go James!!!
olimpo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

bene watching james practice the last 2 days (with xavi today yummy) he really is looking good on grass i'm impressed he's moving much better than i can remember him doing on grass before! and he seems confident i was speaking to him and he said hes hoping he can do well! he was sitting next to me watching jeff play yesterday he's a very sweet guy i am impressed with how nice he is!
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 PM   #5
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Puerta, James Blake's original first round opponent at Queen's Club, has supposedly withdrawn. Depending when he withdrew, he will be replaced either by new #17 seed Xavier Malisse or a lucky loser (possibly Jeff Morrison):
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3&postcount=33
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:02 AM   #6
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that Monday's OP came out before the RG final even ended, which means that Puerta could not have withdrawn before the OP was released. Isn't the rule that if the player withdraws after the OP was released, the seeds are not jiggled around and the LL will go right into Puerta's spot? I mean, the draw has not been updated on the ATP site yet, and Malisse/Lee are the first match up. That would be very cruel of the tourney to change that match at this point. Do you know the actual rule on this?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 06-06-2005, 03:07 AM   #7
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've been out of touch this weekend, so I am VERY THRILLED to see that James got into Queens! This is excellent, and JJ I am so glad that you got to speak with him (envy, envy, envy) and see him play. Keep those reports coming and give James our very best wishes.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:37 AM   #8
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Do you know the actual rule on this?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...3&postcount=33

ATP Official Rulebook:

Quote:
Any vacancy created by the withdrawal of a seed, after the draw has been made but prior to the release of the Order of Play for the first day of main draw, shall be filled according to the procedures described under vacancies.
As I stated earlier, it will depend on the exact time that Puerta's withdrawal was received. If he gave his withdrawal to anyone other than the ATP supervisor on site at Queen's Club, the OOP could have been made unknowingly after his withdrawal had been accepted.
Quote:
That would be very cruel of the tourney to change that match at this point.
But it would also be unfair to Malisse to deny him a seed if the rules entitle him to one.

Last edited by smucav : 06-06-2005 at 03:49 AM.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:47 AM   #9
country flag Deboogle!.

but what I am saying is that if the OP came out before the RG final was over (which it did), he COULDN'T have withdrawn yet, because of the other stupid rule about not being able to withdraw from one tournament while you are still playing in another. This is the rule, correct? So he had to have withdrawn after the OP came out.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:23 AM   #10
country flag smucav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
but what I am saying is that if the OP came out before the RG final was over (which it did), he COULDN'T have withdrawn yet, because of the other stupid rule about not being able to withdraw from one tournament while you are still playing in another. This is the rule, correct?
There is a such a provision regarding ATP & challenger tournaments, but no specific provision (in either the ATP or Grand Slam handbook) when one of the tournaments in question is a Grand Slam. Obviously he will be sanctioned by the ATP for a late withdrawal (unless he goes to Queen's Club to be examined by the ATP physician).

I'm just covering the two options since there have been cases in the past when a player withdrew before the draw was made or before play started & for whatever reason (time differences, etc.) the ATP supervisor on-site didn't get the message in time & went ahead with the draw/seeding/OOP & matches/opponents didn't get correctly sorted out until the next morning right before players were to go on court. That's what happens sometimes when there are four ATP offices in four different time zones (plus other ATP officials in transit).
Old 06-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #11
country flag Deboogle!.

Well Malisse and Lee played, so James will have to get a Lucky Loser. Should be Morrison. Too bad, he and James are buddies.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #12
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

well he was watching him play the other day so i assume he may have suspected and he at least knows how jeff is playing on grass! i don't actualy know how jeff manage dto lose that match though he was playing so well stange sometimes!
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #13
country flag Deboogle!.

Yea, James and Jeff play tomorrow. Please win, James!

Old 06-07-2005, 12:10 AM   #14
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Go James, please win!

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #15
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

Go James! It's time for your ranking to rise
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote