Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2005, 07:41 AM   #46
country flag Auscon

Auscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyro
why should you connect this problem with a religion ? muslim or not muslim, guilty is guilty, and with all the long process, i believe the court have checked for the fingerprints on the items .... if not, Corby just hired a very stupid lawayer
I didnt.............I guess you didnt notice that I was quoting eta psi's post.... or the fact that indicates sarcasm

and no, fingerprints were not checked for

the best lawyer on Earth couldntve saved her

& the rest of the Aussie armada

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent

...better to reign in hell than serve in heaven...
Auscon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #47
country flag Kat!

Kat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond reputeKat! has a reputation beyond repute

Leaving aside whether I think she is innocent or not....

It is absolutely ridiculous how the Australian media has treated this whole thing, they advertised it as if it was a Big Brother eviction. WTF? Plus what is with the audience voting? Is that really necessary?

At the end of the day I find it laughable that the guy from prison (forgot his name) was allowed to give evidence about how he overheard Schapelle was framed. I don't think that would happen if the trial was in Australia.
Kat! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #48
rhz

rhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond reputerhz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I am Indonesian and I don't want to make a war out of this, but look at it as an Indonesian perspective. We are a developing country, we need a visa to go almost anywhere in this entire earth, and say one or few of us break the law in another country, would that country give us back to our government? The answer is no!! Because when you are in another country, you should respect on obey their laws. Yes I know my country is not perfect, well so does yours.

We are neighbours (Indonesian and Australians), we should be in peace, not at war. I don't think Corby's sentence has anything to do at all with politics. It doesn't matter if she's Australian, American, or even Zambian, they all have to follow the rule. Yes many Australians visit Bali, and we need you to come visit us, but did you know that we also give a lot to the Australians? Look at the luxurious apartments in big cities such as Melbourne and Sydney, how many percent of those belong to Indonesians? I don't know the exact number, but I could guarantee you, It's a lot. How many Indonesian students study there??? Ten of thousands, even hundred of thousands. So we are giving you guys money as well! In other words, Australia will lost a lot of money if we ban you, as much as we will lost a lot of money if you guys banned us.

Going back to Corby, I think the International aviation laws have to be adjusted. Did you know, nowadays after 9/11, you could not lock your suitcases? So what if someone put things like Marijuana inside your bag after the bag is not in your care anymore? Who were there to blame?

In conclusion, I hope justice serve her well. If she's guilty then let her be in jail, if she's not, then hopefully there are ways to set her free. but please respect our laws, as we respect yours too.

By the way... Balinese are Hindus, not Muslims, religion has nothing to do with this matter. We are a country with such a diverse culture, as our motto says "Unity in Diversity"
rhz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #49
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz
and say one or few of us break the law in another country, would that country give us back to our government? The answer is no!! Because when you are in another country, you should respect on obey their laws.
I am not commenting on innocent or guilty, BUT:
1. In other countries what Corby was found guilty of would probably result in deportation, in other words being given back to her government.
2. Considering the sentence given to terrorists compared to that given to Corby how can you expect anyone to respect your laws?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #50
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

The whole case has angered me from the start. Personally I believe Schapelle is innocent and have from the start. The guilty 'til proven innocent judgements are ridiculous, especially when her defense weren't allowed to use vital evidence concerning the baggage handlers at Sydney airport the day she left for Bali. How convenient! :rollseyes: A 20 years sentence for allegedly trafficking marijuana is ridiculous considering in Australia you could get less for man slaughter or ****. Also, the prosecution wants to appeal coz the sentence is too short! She could still be sent to the firing squad... it's the most ridiculous situation ever and if I was in her position I would certainly be taking my own life before the 20 years was up... that gaol is a hell hole!

I have never had any desire to visit Bali. Now it is a certainty. Australia is speaking by cancelling trips to Bali in droves.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #51
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly
I am not commenting on innocent or guilty, BUT:
1. In other countries what Corby was found guilty of would probably result in deportation, in other words being given back to her government.
Would you please provide any example? Because I really can't recall any country will just deport any person who traffic drugs. There's a difference between trafficking and carrying drugs for personal use.

Quote:
2. Considering the sentence given to terrorists compared to that given to Corby how can you expect anyone to respect your laws?
Different countries, base on conditions, have different sets of law. Why there's death penalties in some states in US while no death penalty in Canada? Should I say I don't respect US laws because I believe death penalty is cruel?
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 04:38 AM   #52
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Would you please provide any example? Because I really can't recall any country will just deport any person who traffic drugs. There's a difference between trafficking and carrying drugs for personal use.

Different countries, base on conditions, have different sets of law. Why there's death penalties in some states in US while no death penalty in Canada? Should I say I don't respect US laws because I believe death penalty is cruel?
I seem to remember Paul McCartney in Japan.

If the death penalty in US were for drug possession, then, yes.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #53
country flag *karen*

*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute*karen* has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't even get 20 years for murder here

Rafael Nadal | Andy Murray

Jennifer Capriati | Dinara Safina | Nadia Petrova |Ana Ivanovic
*karen* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:58 AM   #54
nando

nando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond reputenando has a reputation beyond repute

Australia has light sentencing and Indonesia has harsher sentencing. Both are ridiculous.
nando is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 07:29 AM   #55
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

This case makes me so sad. I saw the fear in her face when the verdict was delivered, and I can't see the appeal getting her anyway. This law system is more f*cked up than ours. You see people getting away with all sorts on technicalities, or getting reduced sentences-now look at Schapelle
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #56
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Must obey the rules and law of the counrty. thats how Indonesia laws work. Not everyone will like them.

example: in US..city where i live..and football(american) player was drinking drunk and killed a women got 4 months in jail with some communtiy services.

any other person does this. they get 10-life(25).

then he got caught driving drunk again= got fined and 100 hours of community services..

its sad that todays world that important people get away with so much...and nobodys like her get 20years in jail for max of months in jail and fine in other countrys
Old 06-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #57
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

I only read about all this yesterday. So is she trying to say that the baggage handlers at Sydney Airport planted the drugs in her boogie board? Why would they do that?
Is there a chance that she was fitted up by the Indonesian customs authorities as a kind of scapegoat for the other traffickers who get away with it?

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:19 AM   #58
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cowgirl
I only read about all this yesterday. So is she trying to say that the baggage handlers at Sydney Airport planted the drugs in her boogie board? Why would they do that?
Because there has been massive problems at Sydney airport lately with staff getting the sack for smuggling far worse drugs like cocaine and heroine. One of these incidents happened on the day that Schapelle went to Bali.... evidence conveniently discounted by the Indonesian courts.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:13 AM   #59
country flag Poljud

Poljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond reputePoljud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz
please respect our laws, as we respect yours too.
Exactly. It is not upto us to decide if the Indonesian laws are appopriate or not. The first report had so much bias i actually shook my head. Did you know that Shapelle let them check the side pockets of her bag, but didnt want them looking at the board compartment? Did you know both her father and brother have a history in drug use etc (probably doesnt mean anything but there is a possible link) And Shapelle frequents Bali even though she is a student?

My feeling is that if she was a he, 6'3, had tattoos and a goatee we would all be forgetting about this case.
Poljud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #60
country flag Guccionefan

Guccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond reputeGuccionefan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should Schapelle Corby stay in jail?

Should Schapelle Corby stay in jail?
1. Hewitt (28) 2. Guccione (92) 3. Jones (149) 4. Luczak (152) 5. Smeets (153) 6. Sirianni (155) 7. Ball (214) 9. Groth (240) 8. Ebelithe (247) 10. Lindahl(252) 11. Feeney (288) 12. Coelho (295) 13. Junaid (307) 14. Klein (334) 15. Armstrong (342)
Guccionefan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote