Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-28-2005, 12:38 AM   #31
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!!

i highly doubt that she didnt know about the pot..come on $80,000 worth of it...its not something you can just put in someone bag without them noticing...maybe a little bag but 80k worth..yeah right...also you are subject to the laws of country you are in. so she got what she diserved.

Old 05-28-2005, 02:32 AM   #32
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza
i think ur an arse for suggesting that
Considering how much Aussie contributes to Indonesia's tourist industry, they ought to let her out. Also Aussie contributed alot when the tsunami happened. Indonesia is quite ungrateful and I hope that people boycott their country until they let Schappelle out.The girl was set up by drug runners. Did you know that its cheaper to buy drug there instead of bringing them from Aussie?

Why can't all guys be this sexy?

Member of the MTF pervert squad

Partygirl rules!!

best MTF thread ever - tangerine_dream is a bully
binkygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:19 AM   #33
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

I loved her odds for getting off too.
five hundred to none. Of 500 drug (was it drug, or just general?) cases brought before the judge before schapelle, all of them were found guilty. According to him they all say the same thing. "It wasn't me" (Shaggy). I guess it's too risky to take people's word for it. Esp. when you don't check out the evidence thoroughly. Or have I been watching too much CSI?

eta, where are you from? Indo?
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 08:09 AM   #34
*~ The Leopard ~*

*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute*~ The Leopard ~* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorkman_Girl
[*]It's times like this, it's good that I don't run a country. I'd probably be disrespecting them and their d!psh!t legal ways (referring to evidence) and be tempted to just pull my countries money out of there. But then...you can't go punishing a whole country based on one event. (Or two. Maybe. Good old Bali.
Australia should cancel all economic aid to Indonesia as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to go through it all again, as I did in my wtaworld post, but Indonesia has proved that it lacks a credible judicial system, and this kid has been put through hell by the travesty of a system that they do have. We've had judges making prejudicial comments to the press that would have got them thrown off the bench in proceedings in most countries. The judges have certainly spoken in public on the basis of an onus on the defence to prove the accused innocent. This is what Aussies call a kangaroo court.

I'll think twice before I ever go to Indonesia again, if this is what the police and judiciary are like. I think everyone else should do the same.

She may still be guilty, I suppose, but I can't imagine why someone would try to import marijuana to Bali of all places. For those of you have never been to Bali, marijuana practically runs through the streets like water. If you hang around Kuta for a few minutes, on any corner, you'll be approached by locals wanting to sell it to you.

In any event, 20 years of imprisonment in what will undoubtedly be degrading conditions is a crushing punishment that should never apply to an offence relating to a reasonably harmless substance like marijuana. Contrast the soft sentences that Indonesia gives to people associated with terrorism.

I say let Indonesia go to hell from now on. No more Western aid.

(Individuals should still give money to private charities for the tsunami appeal etc., but no money for the Indonesian government until it does something about freeing Corby and fixing its judicial system.)
Old 05-28-2005, 11:53 AM   #35
eta psi

eta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these parts

Boo to BuddyHolly who gave me negative rep points, but atleast he left some message as to why.

Bjorkman_girl, no.
eta psi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #36
country flag iliketennis

iliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this has been said already. Schapelle will have to pay a fine of $1,000,000. If she cannot find a way to pay this fee, a further 6 years imprisonment will be dealt to her. I don't really believe this to be a problem- with all the support she has, a million will be donated in no time.
iliketennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #37
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

It's $1,000,000 rupia (sp?) though...which apparently converts to $14,000 Aussie money. Unless...there has been some other fine? You mean the one where they said "If you don't pay, you get another 6 months in jail". Whoopee doo @ the extra six months

♥Jonas Björkman Jim Thomas♥
Larsson ~ Legner ~ Scheffers ~ Kruszelnicki ~ Cattaneo ~ Jonsson ~ Andersson
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 03:59 PM   #38
spyro

spyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus's #1 Fan
The mastermind who bombing Bali years ago convicted for only T-W-O years while Schapelle Corby sentenced for 20 YEARS in jail which is I think this is really ridiculous!!
Who do you think the mastermind ... ??? The Fact is, two people behind the bombing are Amrozi and Ali Imron, and they both have been charged with Death Penalty and it's Final ...
spyro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 04:04 PM   #39
spyro

spyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixy
The comparisons to Abu-Bakr Bashir are invalid though. He was convicted of INCITING the bombing, that is quite different to planning and being the mastermind of it. If two years is enough for that or not thats up to u to decide?
There is no valid evident at the court that he is a mastermind
Old 05-28-2005, 04:11 PM   #40
spyro

spyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDucky
i highly doubt that she didnt know about the pot..come on $80,000 worth of it...its not something you can just put in someone bag without them noticing...maybe a little bag but 80k worth..yeah right...also you are subject to the laws of country you are in. so she got what she diserved.

Agree, big respect to other country law. I also doubt, why she didn't feel that her bag was 4.1 kilograms heavier ... .
Old 05-28-2005, 04:18 PM   #41
country flag Auscon

Auscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond reputeAuscon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta psi
2) The motive behind the over-the-top reaction of the Australians to the conviction of a drug dealer: is it because of "how dare those third world scums jail our precious white beauty?" factor or is it because of "how dare those muslim bastards imprison our precious christian beauty?" factor?
Yeah, its the muslim bastards one, thats how we all feel, and we're all christian too

I think things mightve been better if they'd actually gone through the correct procedures, ie checking for fingerprints on the seized items

I don't lean any particular way as to whether she's guilty or innocent...but you'd have to be thick as shit to pack a boogie board full of mj. It's definitely divided the two nations....stats on how 90% of Aussie's think she's innocent contrast pretty strongly with one that was conducted in Bali, with 90% of people believing her to be guilty.

I dont know if she'll last 20yrs in the jail over there.....only if they can bring her back here. Either way, if she does make it through, she'll be pretty wealthy....exclusive news interviews, book, movie, you name it.

& the rest of the Aussie armada

Rafael Nadal
Guillermo Coria

Taylor Dent

...better to reign in hell than serve in heaven...
Auscon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 06:11 PM   #42
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta psi
Boo to BuddyHolly who gave me negative rep points, but atleast he left some message as to why.
Rep points usually say more about the giver than the receiver. I just thought it funny that you were taking them to heart. If you bitch about your rep colour in a public post, expect to be buried in an avalanche.

Last edited by buddyholly : 05-28-2005 at 06:19 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 06:17 PM   #43
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Watching her Indonesian lawyer on TV saying that she was very disappointed with the decision reminded me of the lawyer in Midnight Express. I imagine today she is saying
''Don't worry. I am very optimistic about the appeal, we can get this sentence reduced. Trust me. But I need $20,000 for myself and another $30,000 for the judges if we are to have a good chance."
Old 05-28-2005, 11:44 PM   #44
spyro

spyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auscon
Yeah, its the muslim bastards one, thats how we all feel, and we're all christian too

I think things mightve been better if they'd actually gone through the correct procedures, ie checking for fingerprints on the seized items
why should you connect this problem with a religion ? muslim or not muslim, guilty is guilty, and with all the long process, i believe the court have checked for the fingerprints on the items .... if not, Corby just hired a very stupid lawayer
Old 05-29-2005, 05:42 AM   #45
country flag Iheartandy&roger

Iheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond reputeIheartandy&roger has a reputation beyond repute

you know who the hell do they think they are giving her trial there under their terms she ain't their citizen and you know furthermore everytime one of their criminals gets caught in our country they get all this special treatment and they get a slap on the wrist but when one of our citizens gets caught doing something wrong they get treated like a barbaric.

GOOD LUCK TO|ANDY!| | JAMES ! | ROGI ! | RAFA !| MILOS!| NOVAK! | MARDY! | RICHARD ! |ROBBY !| TOMMY!| JCF !| GAEL!| DAVID!| |CARLOS!|

YOU ROCK BOYS!!
CONGRATS LA KINGS 2012 Stanley Cup Champs

GOODBYE ANDY TENNIS WILL MISS YOU!
Iheartandy&roger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote