Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2005, 09:14 AM   #16
country flag Huntress555

Huntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!!

I'm really saddened by this. I believe and htis is just my opinin that she is innocent. But the evidence obvously points to otherwise. I'd rather face death penatly by firing squad then spend 20 years in that hell hole of a jail. So hopefully they can get her back to australia as soon as possible, for in the appeal they can cut her years down or something, I just hope some glimpse of good news comes soon!
Huntress555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #17
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

I won't say what I really think because I don't want to offend anyone.

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:00 AM   #18
country flag trixy

trixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond reputetrixy has a reputation beyond repute

Well i truly don't know if she is innocent or guilty. In Australia we were only given one perspective and all the media frenzy

20 years is horrible but seeing as a SouthAfrican man who was caught with less marijuana then her was given life and the fact that people were even talking about the death penalty we have to look at it as some what of a improvement.

I thought it was soo gross all the live coverage etc they had. The networks turned it into a sports event. She is a human being for fucks sake. Sorry I just think it was wrong what she had to deal with. The trial was never fair with all the coverage etc that was going on.

The comparisons to Abu-Bakr Bashir are invalid though. He was convicted of INCITING the bombing, that is quite different to planning and being the mastermind of it. If two years is enough for that or not thats up to u to decide?
trixy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #19
country flag JeLuliA88

JeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond reputeJeLuliA88 has a reputation beyond repute

She seems innocent enough, although you can never really know... being sentenced for 20 years is really harsh, by the time she gets out the good part of her life will be over.

The Indonesian court i think is somewhat inadequate, so i don't really think she got a fair trial... it's ludicrous under indo law that she is guilty until proven innocent, this is the 21st century, has their values not progressed at all through time? they said she is going to appeal, but i doubt they'll be successful.

besides the death penalty for trafficking drugs is way too extreme...it's no way near as bad as murder.
JeLuliA88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #20
country flag ~EMiLiTA~

~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute~EMiLiTA~ has a reputation beyond repute

i believe she's innocent...but regardless of whether she's innocent or guilty, everyone should have the right to a fair trial, and she did not...and that's what disgusts me.

i'm also pissed off with the Aussie govt for not trying to do more. i bet if it where Howard or Downer's daughter they would have moved heaven and earth.
~EMiLiTA~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:15 PM   #21
country flag Paul

Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPaul is a glorious beacon of lightPaul is a glorious beacon of lightPaul is a glorious beacon of lightPaul is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus's #1 Fan
The mastermind who bombing Bali years ago convicted for only T-W-O years while Schapelle Corby sentenced for 20 YEARS in jail which is I think this is really ridiculous!!
Now that is
Paul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:18 PM   #22
country flag iliketennis

iliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
yes i did that the first time and all i see is your view and corby's of the scenario
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketennis
Even more so if the person is innocent!!!
Where does this comment state that Schapelle Corby is innocent?
iliketennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:19 PM   #23
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan

Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond reputeSpikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Schapelle

A.Myskina: I love to watch Roger Federer. He's a great player. All he does is sensationnal. Forehand, backhand, everything. Physically speaking, i'd say Todd Reid, the young Australian (laughing).

[marquee]Also a fan of: Andreev, Volandri, Clement, Robredo & Roddick[/marquee]

clare bowditch ROCKS
Spikey_Todd Reid_#1Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:13 PM   #24
Magnus's #1 Fan

Magnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Now that is
Yeah, Indonesian system stinks!

You may know me as AlexSydney on WTAWORLD!
Magnus's #1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:17 PM   #25
Magnus's #1 Fan

Magnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute

We all don't know for sure if she's innocent or not... but one thing made me pissed off is the mastermind bombing Sari Club in Bali years ago convicted for just two years... I think this is really stupid system! One of my friends was in Bali at the time and fortunately, he's alive but burnt his back. Can't imagine what was the react if he died there and I might even more pissed off right now.

You may know me as AlexSydney on WTAWORLD!
Magnus's #1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #26
eta psi

eta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these parts

Two things I don't understand:
1) I don't know what a "beauty therapist" is all about. The first I heard of this profession.
2) The motive behind the over-the-top reaction of the Australians to the conviction of a drug dealer: is it because of "how dare those third world scums jail our precious white beauty?" factor or is it because of "how dare those muslim bastards imprison our precious christian beauty?" factor?
eta psi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #27
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta psi
Two things I don't understand:
1) I don't know what a "beauty therapist" is all about. The first I heard of this profession.
2) The motive behind the over-the-top reaction of the Australians to the conviction of a drug dealer: is it because of "how dare those third world scums jail our precious white beauty?" factor or is it because of "how dare those muslim bastards imprison our precious christian beauty?" factor?
1) Beauty therapist gives people information/ways to care for their skin, hair, nails, make up etc. Stuff like that
2) Neither. It's to do with an unfair, somewhat scandalous trial. The end.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 09:56 PM   #28
eta psi

eta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these partseta psi is infamous around these parts

Boo to MrM who gave me negative rep point.

Bjorkman_girl, thanks for your answers although I kinda disagree with point 2. If this was just about justice/injustice, why would Australians threaten to kill Indonesians in Australia? Terrorist threats on Embassy staff, talk of boycott, etc, hardly indicate that this reaction has anything to do with seeking justice.

As for trial, it seems very fair to me. She was given an opportunity to explain how the drug got into her bag but chose to give a lame excuse - somebody planted it. Come on, if you believe that, then you must believe that O.J. Simpson was also framed. How about the other defence claim that "she doesn't suit the profile of a drug smuggler?" I guess one have to have a dreadlock and speak with a Jamaican accent to be a drug smuggler. Too funny.

I agree though this whole incident is scandalous, mainly because of the reaction of the Australian public who paid little attention to the hard evidence and instead let their prejudices lead them into stupid over-reaction.

Last edited by eta psi : 05-27-2005 at 09:58 PM.
eta psi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 12:46 AM   #29
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's what I'm really calling bad luck if you would be innocent and then you are in such a situation. Too bad none of us can say that for sure. However, guilty or not, I find the judicial systems and methods of so many countries simply DISGUSTING and I hope it will be always possible for me to avoid such countries. One idiot could ruin your whole life just too much by putting drugs into your bags/leverage and then you're seriously fucked up, especially if one country uses 'wise' methods like "guilty until proven innocent".

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 01:01 AM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=iliketennis] unlike most countries, Indonesia have a "guilty until proven innocent" system. [quote]

I don't know all the facts of the case, so can not take sides. However the following quote from a YAHOO article on the case suggests you are not familiar with all the facts either.

''Contrary to popular misconceptions Indonesian law does not presume anyone guilty''.