Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2005, 04:38 AM   #1
country flag iliketennis

iliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!!

If you are an Australian, you will be aware of Schapelle's story. For those who don't, 27 year old Corby had just arrived in Bali with her famliy for a holiday. She was asked if she could hand over her boogie-board bag to be inspected. She handed the bag over, and inside was $80,000 worth of Marijuana, Schapelle claims that she had no clue about it. She has always maintained her innocence, and almost everyone in Australia believes she is innocent as well. She has no history of drug dealing, or even drug use for that matter. Corby became a christian in prison and broke into prayer during the verdict.

The evidence on Corby's side, is that on the same day, customs officers had been assisting other drug-smuggler's with cocaine smuggling. There is no further evidence on either side, but unlike most countries, Indonesia have a "guilty until proven innocent" system. The cheif judge decided that Schapelle Corby had not presented sufficient evidence to aquit her of the charges. She has therefore been charged for "possesion of drugs", which she was not even aware of. Corby faces 20 years in a disgusting Indonesian prison and will appeal her case before wednesday
iliketennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2005, 04:43 AM   #2
country flag iliketennis

iliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond reputeiliketennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schapelle Corby GUILTY 20 years in jail!!!!!

Guilty: Corby jailed for 20 years
27 May 2005
By LINDSAY MURDOCH
Sydney Morning Herald

BREAKING NEWS - 3.45pm

Australian Schapelle Corby has received a 20-year jail term after being found guilty of importing marijuana - sparking fury among her family in court.

Corby had earlier begun weeping and rocking back-and-forth on her chair after learning that the judges have found the charges against her as proven - one step below guilt under Indonesian law - before Chief Judge Linton Sirait announced the verdict.

The 27-year-old looked stunned as the verdict was translated for her, but turned around to urge her family to stop their shouting.

She then hugged lawyer Lily Lupis while members of the gallery voiced their outrage

The chief Indonesian judge in the Schapelle Corby case said it was "true" Corby admitted a bag containing 4.1 kilograms of marijuana was hers, according to a court translator.

Judge Linton Sirait begun his summing up in Bahasa Indonesian to a Denpasar courtroom packed with media, family and onlookers.

Corby, 27, is answering three charges. She faces the death penalty if convicted of importing a narcotic, a maximum of life imprisonment for transiting a drug, and a maximum of 10 years' jail for possession.

Corby, wearing a black silk blouse and pink pants, was half-carried into the court by about 10 Indonesian police officers.

But Corby's condition seemed to improve after she sat down, immediately sharing smiles with friends and family in the public gallery.

She has been closing her eyes and taking deep breaths in the courtroom where she will soon learn her fate on drug trafficking charges.

Roseleigh Rose, her mother, was carried into court by other members of her family, as was her terminally ill father Michael Corby. Both had to push through a media scrum near the entrance to the court.

Chief judge Linton Sirait is expected to take more than two hours to run through the evidence for and against Corby before delivering a verdict on each.

Corby will not be fully aware of the proceedings, which will be delivered in Bahasa Indonesia, and will have to rely on sporadic updates from her interpreter.

The panel of three judges finalised its decision days ago, with one local paper speculating that a 15-year jail term would be announced for the 27-year-old.

Jano Gibson writes: Whichever way the verdict goes, the prosecution and defence will have seven days to appeal .

The case will then go before the High Court, which has 150 days to make a decision.

Both teams can appeal it's decision taking the case to the Supreme Court, which will have 170 days to determine whether Ms Corby is innocent or guilty.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:45 AM   #3
country flag binkygirl

binkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond reputebinkygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the US and did hear a bit about the case. I think the Aussie PM is being an arse for not getting some commandos and busting her out of there.

Why can't all guys be this sexy?

Member of the MTF pervert squad

Partygirl rules!!

best MTF thread ever - tangerine_dream is a bully
binkygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:48 AM   #4
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

20 years? thats crazy... in US for 80K of pot...probly get 2-4 years...1000hours of community service and 3 yrs probation..

Last edited by El Legenda : 05-27-2005 at 04:50 AM.
El Legenda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:49 AM   #5
azza

azza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond reputeazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkygirl
I'm in the US and did hear a bit about the case. I think the Aussie PM is being an arse for not getting some commandos and busting her out of there.

i think ur an arse for suggesting that
Old 05-27-2005, 04:49 AM   #6
bad gambler

She will be back in Australia within a couple of years if that
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 04:52 AM   #7
country flag iliketennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
She will be back in Australia within a couple of years if that
I tend to disagree
Old 05-27-2005, 04:53 AM   #8
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketennis
Guilty: Corby jailed for 20 years
27 May 2005
By LINDSAY MURDOCH
Sydney Morning Herald

BREAKING NEWS - 3.45pm

Corby, 27, is answering three charges. She faces the death penalty if convicted of importing a narcotic, a maximum of life imprisonment for transiting a drug
What!?!?! death penalty for drug?!?!?! thats a F'ed up country
Old 05-27-2005, 04:57 AM   #9
country flag iliketennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDucky
What!?!?! death penalty for drug?!?!?! thats a F'ed up country
Even more so if the person is innocent!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 04:59 AM   #10
bad gambler

Quote:
Even more so if the person is innocent!!!

do you know that for a fact?
Old 05-27-2005, 05:17 AM   #11
country flag iliketennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
do you know that for a fact?
Please read over my comment slowly and carefully.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:27 AM   #12
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you are an Australian, you will be aware of Schapelle's story. For those who don't, 27 year old Corby had just arrived in Bali with her famliy for a holiday. She was asked if she could hand over her boogie-board bag to be inspected. She handed the bag over, and inside was $80,000 worth of Marijuana, Schapelle claims that she had no clue about it. She has always maintained her innocence, and almost everyone in Australia believes she is innocent as well. She has no history of drug dealing, or even drug use for that matter. Corby became a christian in prison and broke into prayer during the verdict.

The evidence on Corby's side, is that on the same day, customs officers had been assisting other drug-smuggler's with cocaine smuggling. There is no further evidence on either side, but unlike most countries, Indonesia have a "guilty until proven innocent" system. The cheif judge decided that Schapelle Corby had not presented sufficient evidence to aquit her of the charges. She has therefore been charged for "possesion of drugs", which she was not even aware of. Corby faces 20 years in a disgusting Indonesian prison and will appeal her case before wednesday
Honestly, this is quite a bias report, IMO.

The simple fact here is: she has the possesion of a bag which contained drug. She cannot provide a reasonable explanation why there's drug there. She has no history of drug dealing or using is not evident or proof that she's innocent. Many drug dealers hire so called "innocent" people to carry drugs.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 06:33 AM   #13
bad gambler

Quote:
Please read over my comment slowly and carefully.

yes i did that the first time and all i see is your view and corby's of the scenario
Old 05-27-2005, 07:29 AM   #14
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

My major issue is with them not accepting any new evidence.
  • They didn't want to hear about the issues we're having with baggage handlers within airports.
  • They didn't test the bag for fingerprints.
  • Also heard on the radio that there was CCTV of her reaction to the accusation / the bags contents, but it wasn't shown?

I've also thought....
  • 20 years in Indonesia REALLY isn't that major, right? They could have given her death by firing squad.
  • Has she been given any sort of sedative, or is she comforted by religion, as they're saying? She held herself together reasonably well as the judgement was about to be read out (before she started breathing really heavily, and had to hold onto her lawyer)
  • It's times like this, it's good that I don't run a country. I'd probably be disrespecting them and their d!psh!t legal ways (referring to evidence) and be tempted to just pull my countries money out of there. But then...you can't go punishing a whole country based on one event. (Or two. Maybe. Good old Bali.)

Apparently both sides will appeal. The prosecution thinks it is too light a penalty. Apologies if anything I said has upset or offended people.

Last edited by Bjorkman_Girl : 05-27-2005 at 07:33 AM.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:08 AM   #15
Magnus's #1 Fan

Magnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond reputeMagnus's #1 Fan has a reputation beyond repute

The mastermind who bombing Bali years ago convicted for only T-W-O years while Schapelle Corby sentenced for 20 YEARS in jail which is I think this is really ridiculous!!

You may know me as AlexSydney on WTAWORLD!
Magnus's #1 Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote