Post Pics of Tennis players with their girlfriends or wives - Page 152 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #2266
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post Pics of Tennis players with their girlfriends or wives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Asian women = child women? If that's not outright racist and/or ignorant, I don't know what is. And I'm not one to get offended when it comes to issues relating to race.
It's not necessarily racist or ignorant. There is a difference between analysing social trends, generalising about them (necessarily), and being racist. Of course, a simple comment like Gustavo Kuerten's can be interpreted as a huge generalization, saying Asian women all look like children, etc... That would be overgeneralizing, sure. But there is a reason why Asian women are perceived this way, and it's not just linked to racism.

Look at Western magazines and the conception of beauty that they market. If that's not a childlike conception of beauty, then I don't know what is. That's mostly true of Japan but from what I saw of Korean magazines, it was pretty much the same. The Japanese vision of erotica, for Westerners, often looks shocking because it almost seems to market paedophilia. The religion of everything "kawai" is definitely linked to the idea of the child-like woman being the sexiest type of woman.

That's also becoming true in the West. The aversion for body hair, for instance, is one example of how we tend to eroticize child-like bodies more than "mature" bodies. Other examples include the "lolita" trend, horrors like beauty contests for children, or simply the religion of being "skinny" which tends to bring ideal bodies further away from what is considered a "real" woman's body (that's to say, a body which has all the attributes you link to puberty, bigger breasts, bigger hips, a big waist/hip ratio, etc).
And yes, it's true that in general ("in general" is the key here...), Asian women tend to look younger, be thinner, and have less "curves" than we do. Moreover,they are also encouraged by their culture (at least in Japan) to "act" younger if they want to be sexy. So they often correspond more to the "child-like women are sexier" ideal.

Now, if Verdasco's girlfriend definitely corresponds to that, that's obviously not true of everyone. That's why I posted a picture of Gong Li who is an example of a gorgeous Asian women who has curves and does not look childlike at all.
BTW I'm not saying that liking child-like women is wrong, and liking curvy women is right. I'm just explaining why some people might react like Gustavo Kuerten and have the feeling that the reason why many people love Asian women, and why he doesn't like them, is that their appeal is often linked to their being "child-like".
(Also, I don't think that the appeal of Asian women for Westerners is based exclusively on that, but it is definitely a social trend that exists, it is not just a fantasy based on racist prejudice)

Last edited by Sophitia36 : 02-18-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #2267
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #2268
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Pierre is such a ridic dog Is that a scarf?
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #2269
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #2270
country flag Corey Feldman
Banned!

Corey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond reputeCorey Feldman has a reputation beyond repute

^^

both them just heard Federer result v Benne

only time they ever smile is when they are winning
Corey Feldman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #2271
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by niff View Post
Pierre is such a ridic dog Is that a scarf?
I think that's part of his "sweater"
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #2272
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
^^

both them just heard Federer result v Benne

only time they ever smile is when they are winning
This picture was taken by Dusan Vemic in Central Park and as you can see, the date is September 11th 2012 - the day after losing USO final to Murray...

Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #2273
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, he really likes hugging, especially with his girl.
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #2274
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
It's not necessarily racist or ignorant. There is a difference between analysing social trends, generalising about them (necessarily), and being racist. Of course, a simple comment like Gustavo Kuerten's can be interpreted as a huge generalization, saying Asian women all look like children, etc... That would be overgeneralizing, sure. But there is a reason why Asian women are perceived this way, and it's not just linked to racism.

Look at Western magazines and the conception of beauty that they market. If that's not a childlike conception of beauty, then I don't know what is. That's mostly true of Japan but from what I saw of Korean magazines, it was pretty much the same. The Japanese vision of erotica, for Westerners, often looks shocking because it almost seems to market paedophilia. The religion of everything "kawai" is definitely linked to the idea of the child-like woman being the sexiest type of woman.

That's also becoming true in the West. The aversion for body hair, for instance, is one example of how we tend to eroticize child-like bodies more than "mature" bodies. Other examples include the "lolita" trend, horrors like beauty contests for children, or simply the religion of being "skinny" which tends to bring ideal bodies further away from what is considered a "real" woman's body (that's to say, a body which has all the attributes you link to puberty, bigger breasts, bigger hips, a big waist/hip ratio, etc).
And yes, it's true that in general ("in general" is the key here...), Asian women tend to look younger, be thinner, and have less "curves" than we do. Moreover,they are also encouraged by their culture (at least in Japan) to "act" younger if they want to be sexy. So they often correspond more to the "child-like women are sexier" ideal.

Now, if Verdasco's girlfriend definitely corresponds to that, that's obviously not true of everyone. That's why I posted a picture of Gong Li who is an example of a gorgeous Asian women who has curves and does not look childlike at all.
BTW I'm not saying that liking child-like women is wrong, and liking curvy women is right. I'm just explaining why some people might react like Gustavo Kuerten and have the feeling that the reason why many people love Asian women, and why he doesn't like them, is that their appeal is often linked to their being "child-like".
(Also, I don't think that the appeal of Asian women for Westerners is based exclusively on that, but it is definitely a social trend that exists, it is not just a fantasy based on racist prejudice)
I really enjoyed reading this. Describing Asian aesthetics, then showing how the trend is being adapted here in the west. Fascinating. I have to agree with everything you've said. This explains why we started off with the waif look a few years back, and now the obsession with youth is getting even more disturbing. I feel bad for women today because the bar is always being raised to ever higher unreasonable heights. Who starts these trends anyway?

This could be an interesting thesis, that's for sure. Great job, don't stop!

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 02-20-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #2275
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hope I don't seem to reduce women to the sum of their body parts but here goes. She is a very attractive woman, and what I'd consider an ideal and realistic body type for a woman to attain. I would describe her as voluptuous in the tradition of marilyn monroe. Not obsessed with having very low body fat, probably not an exercise addict, but not a sloth either. Her hips are breathtaking and feminine. Now that's a woman! Probably has great self esteem and is able to focus on things other than herself.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #2276
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

Off topic,but I see coluta with another Roger quote in the signature.It will be interesting to see what it will look like at the end of the year if she adds one quote per month.

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #2277
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, I didn't think about this but it's worth a try. Hopefully Roger keeps it up with funny quotes!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #2278
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So basically your entire post and "thesis" is based on a few stereotypes you picked up from the media, from which you then made a bunch of generalisations, simultaneously not recognising how your assertion was racist in the first place. Asian women have child-like bodies - really? Have you seen the body of a child? Can you really then say that Verdasco's girlfriend has the body of a child? She's not even that skinny; in fact, I think she has a near-perfect body. You think you have the right conception of what a beautiful woman is but it's clear as daylight to me that you are extremely biased and prejudiced in this regard - as you would understandably be, because you are European and are influenced in a certain way. But don't pretend to know what the rest of the world sees as beautiful because you obviously have no authority on this issue.

I also don't get how it's not crystal clear that it's offensive and racist to equate us Asian women to children. I don't understand how you can't understand this, and therefore I cannot begin to explain why I find it so offensive and racist. I don't care if Gustavo Kuerten doesn't find us attractive; that's entirely his prerogative (obviously), but at least he didn't write an entire thesis attempting to substantiate, based on rubbish generalisations and more stereotypes, what is already a pretty prejudicial point of view.

The fact that you can even claim the existence of a "real" woman's body speaks volume of your innate biases. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with having pre-conceived ideas of what makes a beautiful woman; I am Asian and therefore I think slim = beautiful and I don't understand the general European obsession with big hips. But I'm not about to go around calling Europeans who are bigger sized than me a bunch of whales, for instance, or accuse men who like such women of having a fat fetish. It's therefore extremely difficult for me to see where you get off calling us child-like when it's such a pejorative term especially when it's also associated with paedophilia - which then connotes some sort of wrongness in being attracted to Asian women. Is this not obvious to you?

And this assertion: "Moreover,they are also encouraged by their culture (at least in Japan) to "act" younger if they want to be sexy. So they often correspond more to the "child-like women are sexier" ideal."

Biggest bullshit generalisation I've read in a while. Speaking as an Asian woman, I've NEVER been encouraged to act younger to be sexy. Where the hell do you get these ideas?
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)

Last edited by tripwires : 02-20-2013 at 09:53 PM.
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #2279
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I really enjoyed reading this. Describing Asian aesthetics, then showing how the trend is being adapted here in the west. Fascinating. I have to agree with everything you've said. This explains why we started off with the waif look a few years back, and now the obsession with youth is getting even more disturbing. I feel bad for women today because the bar is always being raised to ever higher unreasonable heights. Who starts these trends anyway?

This could be an interesting thesis, that's for sure. Great job, don't stop!
You think it's a good thing to perpetuate stereotypes and come up with BS generalisations based on those stereotypes? Okay then.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #2280
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

I agreed with Tripwires. I mean, Sophitia's observation was based on a misconception, I felt.

"If that's not a childlike conception of beauty, then I don't know what is. That's mostly true of Japan but from what I saw of Korean magazines, it was pretty much the same. The Japanese vision of erotica, for Westerners, often looks shocking because it almost seems to market paedophilia. The religion of everything "kawai" is definitely linked to the idea of the child-like woman being the sexiest type of woman."

When westerners look at Asian, they always think they are very young, cos to their standard, a 20ish yr old Asian may look a decade younger than their westerner counterpart, hence Westerners think they look like child. And your assumption based on this Westerner view, suggesting that Asian magazine seems to market pedophilia, because to you the Westerner, those Asian on the covers look child-like. However, Asian really don't see the women on the covers child-like at all. To the Asian's point of view, a 20ish yrs old looks just like a 20ish yrs old, like all the normal 20ish yrs old one will see in a Asian city. An Asian child looks nothing like a 20ish yrs old Asian adult. So it is quite unfair to suggest that they have any tendency to promote anything as offensive as pedophiliac.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote