JUANQUI's Davis Cup 2003 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-11-2003, 07:07 AM   #106
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

More DC pic. I don't think the fans here will get tired of these.

Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2003, 07:14 AM   #107
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like Corretja elbowed down Costa here.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 08:34 AM   #108
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that they were saving Corretja for the doubles and in case he was needed, the fifth rubber.

As opposed to putting the pressure of 3 matches on his shoulders.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:11 PM   #109
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
It looks like Corretja elbowed down Costa here.
LOLOL!! Great stuff

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:32 PM   #110
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
What a delicious spanish dinner .

lol. Pretty sure that "Potato" won't grow on clay .
lol, Vera!! I love your comments!!! That's a good one!!
RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 05:44 PM   #111
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

I think tomorrow Spain's Tennis Federation will decide whether Valencia will be the venue for the QF in Spain!!! Vamos a ver!!

Also, Spain is already thinking about CRO and their big bombers, Goran, Ivan... and now, Mario [whose claim to fame was Rogi's undoing at Wimby02... which we want to forget!]... the Spanish call him "Son of Goran" like everyone else!

They are also hoping that ARG beats RUS so that they can play the Argies at home rather than have to go to RUS to play the Russkies on a fast indoor surface!

Looking even further ahead... if Spain reaches the Finals, they w hope that either FRA or SWE wins so they can play either of them at home... better than if SUI or AUS wins, in which case, ESP w have to play them away... esp in AUS where they'll most likely choose GRASS!!!

I don't like to think THAT far ahead... let's just concentrate on beating the Croats -- that'll be tough enough... although at least they won't have the boisterous Croatian crowds behind them (which USA complained about!).
Old 02-11-2003, 05:56 PM   #112
RogiFan

A few more words from the Spanish press:

ESP is the best team on clay, no doubt about it: 2 clay champs and 2 clay finalists and 3 top-10s and 1 top-20.

BUT they have their objectives: to consolidate and improve their doubles team AND, more importantly, to be able to win on OTHER SURFACES and AWAY from home.

FIN!
Old 02-11-2003, 08:13 PM   #113
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca
I believe that they were saving Corretja for the doubles and in case he was needed, the fifth rubber.

As opposed to putting the pressure of 3 matches on his shoulders.
True. But Alex's record against the Aussies were also mentioned as one of the reasons. Anyhow...I hope Juanqui's in the team, but if he isn't, it would be okay as long as Spain wins the next tie. I'm sure he won't be left out too often. Well, in fact, he did play Younes last year in DC, maybe head-to-head is not a considering factor . And his record against Ljubicic is better than Moya's , at least they have to consider him first before Carlos .

I know some of you (or most) don't like Ivan, but I like him, maybe bcos of his background, having to go thru adversity at young age. It makes a person to learn to put things in perspective a lot earlier than others (say those real spoiled brat). I like ppl who's really passionate for their country. Here's what I read that he said after the win:

''This felt really good to win all three matches,'' he said. ''As our highest-ranked player, I felt the pressure, the expectations to do that. In 1997 against Finland, yes Finland, I lost all three. My teammates wouldn't talk to me. I cried on the plane ride home. This is better. That was sad.'' Ah, his teammates then were a little mean.

Anyhow, another month and a half before the next tie. We'll see.

BTW, RF, thanks for translating the spanish news for us.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:28 AM   #114
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

If Spain plays Argentina in the semis, which i think will happen, which surface should they choose? the Argentines are soo good on clay (probably the 2nd best clay nation in tennis) so would it be wiser to pick a faster surface? Juanqui, Carlos, and Alex are better hard court players than most of the Argentines, methinks. what do you guys think?
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:31 AM   #115
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Go undefeated Juanqui

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:53 AM   #116
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Ivan quote, Vera. I don't root for him, but I do find his story very interesting

Quote:
If Spain plays Argentina in the semis, which i think will happen, which surface should they choose? the Argentines are soo good on clay (probably the 2nd best clay nation in tennis) so would it be wiser to pick a faster surface? Juanqui, Carlos, and Alex are better hard court players than most of the Argentines, methinks. what do you guys think?
Leo - Canas, Chela and Nalbandian are ALL better on faster surfaces then on clay. The only true "clay courter" on the team imo, is Gaudio, and even he has potential to do better on other surfaces. Furthermore, once he steps on the court for Davis Cup he's a whole new player.

If this semi was to happen, Spain should select the surface according to their strengths, and not to Argentina's weaknesses. They are far to similar to do that.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:59 PM   #117
RogiFan

Hola!

It has been confirmed:

Spain v Croatia
Club Tenis Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Outdoor Clay
Stadium Capacity: 7,500

OK, anyone going??? If I won the lottery, I'd go!

Pls, Juanqui, be all better by then!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:03 AM   #118
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Spain

Too bad I won't get coverage of this tie.

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 09:06 AM   #119
country flag kiro

kiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond reputekiro has a reputation beyond repute

So Juanqui will play this tie at home
Good luck to the Armanda
Old 02-26-2003, 08:36 PM   #120
RogiFan

Latest news from Espain:

Looks like Goran's injury may keep him out of the DC tie in Valencia vs. Spain...