JUANQUI's Davis Cup 2003 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-08-2003, 08:21 PM   #91
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca
That press conference picture - they always take those at the worst times, eh?

Its like "hands approaching face: *snap* *snap* *snap*" and "appears that he might scratch his nose: *snap* *snap*"
has now been forever immortalized on my website

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2003, 02:16 AM   #92
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nacho for the photos. And happy birthday, btw .
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 08:32 AM   #93
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by TennisHack
LOL at Becca

I didn't realize Christophe was that tall! I thought he was just as short as his brother.

Thanks for the pics, Nacho
Officially, he is 2" taller than his bro
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 05:03 PM   #94
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

09 Feb 2003, Deportivo Tenis Olimpico, Seville, Spain , Laura Urrutia

Spain Completes 5-0 Victory Over Belgium
Spain showed no mercy to Belgium on the final day of their first-round Davis Cup by BNP Paribas tie on Sunday, with Juan Carlos Ferrero blasting past Kristof Vliegen 6-1 6-4 and Carlos Moya seeing off Christophe Rochus with a quicksmart 6-2 6-2.

Those comfortable singles wins completed a predictable 5-0 victory for Spain, who possess what is without doubt the strongest clay-court line-up in the world.

Ferrero kicked off the proceedings on Friday with an equally effective 6-3 6-2 7-5 victory over Christophe Rochus, who was surprisingly chosen ahead of his brother Olivier for the opening day’s singles. Moya then claimed a second straight-sets win over the Belgian number one Xavier Malisse 7-6 6-1 7-6 to make it 2-0.

Belgium’s best chance of gaining a point was in the doubles but despite a valiant struggle from Olivier Rochus and Vliegen the Spanish pairing of Alex Corretja and Albert Costa secured victory in a five-set thriller 6-4 4-6 6-3 3-6 8-6.
That left the visitors playing for pride on Sunday, but Vliegen and Rochus could find no answer to the pace and precision of the Spaniards.

Vliegen managed to hold his first service game against Ferrero but thereafter the world number three was unstoppable, as he controlled the game from the back of the court. The Spaniard gained his first break in game four and repeated the trick in the sixth as he chased down three attempted winners from Vliegen to force an error on the volley.

By the seventh game Vliegen was looking anxious to get out of the set and Ferrero capitalised on three simple forehand errors to take it in just 20 minutes.
Vliegen lost his serve at the start of the second and although his game improved as the match continued he was never able to threaten the Ferrero serve as the Spanish number one completed victory in 52 minutes.

If anything, Moya was even more impressive, as his wheeling forehand simply cut Rochus to ribbons. The Spaniard reached a drop shot and produced a delicately struck winner to break his opponent in the opening game, and he stretched the lead to 5-2 as he cracked back a weak second serve on the crucial point in game seven.

Rochus had two break points in the next but he eventually piled a backhand into the net to hand Moya the set in 23 minutes. Moya broke again at the start of the second and that was pretty much the match sewn up.

Rochus was quickly 4-1 behind and even when he managed to break the Moya serve for 2-4, the Spaniard hit straight back and served out at 5-2, rattling off three aces to clinch the win in 57 minutes.

Spain will face either Croatia or the United States in a home quarter-final that is likely to be played in Valencia on clay.

“If it’s Croatia they have two big servers but on a clay court we should be able to counter that tactic,” a confident Ferrero said. "We'll put up a great wall to stop them.

“The United States are a strong rival but we should be stronger.”

"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #95
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

SPAIN RULES!!!!!

FELICITACIONES, JUANQUI, CARLOS, ALEX, ALBERT!!!
RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 05:56 PM   #96
country flag ILR

ILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond repute

yay Spain win too

Sami My captain. LFC forever! But John Terry rules!

Best of luck to: Juan Carlos Ferrero, Mark Philippoussis, Carlos Moya and Nico Lapentti. Tommy Haas is finally back! I missed you!
ILR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 11:24 PM   #97
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Have we seen this one yet?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc03tiewin.jpg (20.6 KB, 67 views)
Old 02-10-2003, 11:26 PM   #98
Vera

He's way back there, me think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg armadasevilladavis_03.jpg (40.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 02-11-2003, 01:43 AM   #99
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
He's way back there, me think!
Nice pix, Vera!! How's the weather in Vancouver??

Juanqui said: We're not afraid of anyone, not even on hard court. This is the best team we've had yet!!

OK, Juanqui, let's hope you don't eat your words!!
Old 02-11-2003, 02:21 AM   #100
Vera

Hi RF

This is one of the warmest winter ever here. No snow at all and it's Feb already. The past week and today is sunny and like about 8-10 degree outside. I was wearing my shortsleeves T-shirt this afternoon (well, after swimming and a really hot shower, I'm not that strong normally ). It's kinda weird cos my friend just emailed me some pictures of snow at her home, she lives in Austin, Texas . I did experience snow before in Texas so it's not totally unheard of. But to think that Vancouver is warmer than the south is pretty, urrrrrrrr, weird.

I wish they have more of those celebration photos, those are cute. Juanqui did say that. Just really hope that they get to see Argentina instead of Russia. Maybe he won't be afraid, but I will, that's if they have to face an indoor carpet court with the Russians standing on the other side. But let's not worry about that since they'll have to past the Croats first. Do you go to Spain every year? If they have the final in Spain this year, would you be going? I wonder if it's even possible to get a DC final ticket.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:13 AM   #101
RogiFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
Hi RF

This is one of the warmest winter ever here. No snow at all and it's Feb already. The past week and today is sunny and like about 8-10 degree outside. I was wearing my shortsleeves T-shirt this afternoon (well, after swimming and a really hot shower, I'm not that strong normally ). It's kinda weird cos my friend just emailed me some pictures of snow at her home, she lives in Austin, Texas . I did experience snow before in Texas so it's not totally unheard of. But to think that Vancouver is warmer than the south is pretty, urrrrrrrr, weird.

I wish they have more of those celebration photos, those are cute. Juanqui did say that. Just really hope that they get to see Argentina instead of Russia. Maybe he won't be afraid, but I will, that's if they have to face an indoor carpet court with the Russians standing on the other side. But let's not worry about that since they'll have to past the Croats first. Do you go to Spain every year? If they have the final in Spain this year, would you be going? I wonder if it's even possible to get a DC final ticket.
Vera:

No I don't go to Spain every year but I wish I could! If I had someone to stay w, that w help! I w love to see Spain play DC in Spain, esp Valencia, where I studied and lived! It w be a dream!! I w become one of those "unruly" Spanish fans!!

Wow, warm in Van! It's so cold and windy and damp here now! YUK! Juanqui's b-day soon!!

He really wants to be part of the DC in Apr but it's up to the Sp Tennis Fed'n...

Moya hit a betwe-the-legs shot and everyone shouted "Torero, torero!!" He loved being compared to a bullfighter!!

Oh and Malisse's Sp GF Carmen was hit in the head by Corretja's ball and she had to go to the hospital!! I think she was knocked out for a bit!

They called the reverse singles, which lasted less than 2 hrs, an exquisite dessert!! After the long doubles, which was the main course and the first singles, which was the appetizer!!

They said Ferrero and Moya pulled out all their weapons to play high-level tennis! Vliegen looked like he thought clay was only for growing potatoes, they said!!!

Funny Spanish people!! I love them so much!! Les quiero muchisimo!!
Old 02-11-2003, 03:23 AM   #102
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He really wants to be part of the DC in Apr but it's up to the Sp Tennis Fed'n...
rrr, why would that even be a question?

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:56 AM   #103
RogiFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca
rrr, why would that even be a question?
Yeah, who knows? Why w they NOT play Juanqui, the No 1 player in Spain, at home, on clay, in Valencia??!!!

Seems silly to me!

I need to win the lottery or sth to be able to go to Spain for DC!!! Mind you, you need connections to get the tickets first! They sell out really fast in Spain from what I hear!
Old 02-11-2003, 05:57 AM   #104
Vera

Quote:
Originally posted by RogiFan
They called the reverse singles, which lasted less than 2 hrs, an exquisite dessert!! After the long doubles, which was the main course and the first singles, which was the appetizer!!
What a delicious spanish dinner .

Quote:
Vliegen looked like he thought clay was only for growing potatoes, they said!!!
lol. Pretty sure that "Potato" won't grow on clay .
Old 02-11-2003, 05:59 AM   #105
Vera

Quote:
Originally posted by RogiFan
Yeah, who knows? Why w they NOT play Juanqui, the No 1 player in Spain, at home, on clay, in Valencia??!!!
Let's hope this won't happen. But back in 2000, they didn't play their #1 player Alex in the Single, in the final, in Alex's hometown, on clay. So who knows.