JUANQUI's Davis Cup 2003 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-04-2003, 02:26 PM   #46
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

same pic but bigger and B&W!

RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2003, 02:29 PM   #47
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

alex albert carlos

Old 02-04-2003, 09:47 PM   #48
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the piccies, RF.
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #49
RogiFan

another pic for you -- press conference:

Juanqui said he's 100%, better than in OZ! Says it's great in Sevilla, loves the clay, which is fast! Last time Spain played in Sevilla was 1980 and they won vs. Holland 4-1!! If they win their rounds until the semis, they could possibly play at home where they are the favourites... but let's not get ahead of ourselves, guys!! One step at a time, say the coaches!!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:13 PM   #50
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pictures

Question - if Croatia beat the USA, who gets the home tie: Croatia or Spain?

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 10:14 PM   #51
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

They are seeded for either Russia or Argentina in the semis, correct? Russia is the seed I believe, but if both win their first ties then Argentina gets Russia at home...

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 10:17 PM   #52
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

no idea how DC works.

Just posted this in chat thread, but it should be here:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dc032.jpg (30.5 KB, 90 views)
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 01:57 AM   #53
RogiFan

Juanqui looks a bit bashful in that pic Vera!!

Looks like they will do the draw tomorrow [Thursday] at the Hotel Hesperia where the players are staying in Sevilla. I believe that Malisse will play Moya though first, on Friday.

Buena suerte Charly!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #54
RogiFan

OK here's the schedule:

ORDEN DE PARTIDOS:

Friday, 7 de febrero:

-11:00 .

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO (Esp) - Christophe Rochus (Bel).

CARLOS MOYA (Esp) - Xavier Malisse (Bel).

Saturday, 8 de febrero:

-13:35 .

ALEX CORRETJA/ALBERT COSTA (Esp) - Olivier Rochus/Kristof Vliegen (Bel).

Sunday, 9 de febrero:

-11:35 .

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO (Esp) - Xavier Malisse (Bel).

CARLOS MOYA (Esp) - Christophe Rochus (Bel).

Old 02-06-2003, 04:32 PM   #55
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Spain v Belgium: Spaniards Put Big Guns Out

Clay court ace Juan Carlos Ferrero will lead off a strong Spanish challenge in the 2003 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas on Friday, taking on Christophe Rochus of Belgium in the opening singles rubber of their first-round World Group tie in Seville.

Thursday’s draw in the Andalucian city also matched up former French Open champion Carlos Moya with Belgian number one Xavier Malisse in the second singles on Friday.

Albert Costa will partner Alex Corretja in the doubles against Kristof Vliegen and Olivier Rochus on Saturday, with the reverse singles set for Sunday.

Spain, winners of the competition in 2000, have an awesome line-up on clay and they will start as overwhelming favourites to take the first-round tie against the Belgians.

Ferrero, Moya and Costa, the reigning French Open champion, are all ranked in the top 10, while Corretja is one of the wiliest clay-court campaigners around.

The three-man coaching team in charge of the Spanish set-up have dubbed 2003 the year of the “Reconquista” of the title won in such spectacular style with their final victory over Australian in Barcelona in 2000.

“Whoever we play on clay we believe we’re the favourites,” Jordi Arrese, one of the coaches, said in the build-up to the tie.

“We also believe we have a team capable of winning the Davis Cup but it’s important that we go step by step.”

Belgium are not so comfortable on the red dirt but they will come into the tie with their confidence high after making it through the Euro/African Zone Group 1 and World Group Play-offs last year to make it back into the elite. Malisse and Olivier Rochus led them to the all-important 4-1 victory away to Zimbabwe in Harare.

The winner of this tie will take on either Croatia or the United States in the next round.

That provides a major incentive for the Spanish, who have good and bad experiences of recent ties against the Americans.

In 2000, Spain handed a U.S. team, captained by John McEnroe, a 5-0 drubbing in Santander on their way to taking the title.

Last year it was the Americans who emerged triumphant, although Corretja did manage to beat Pete Sampras in his singles rubber in what was a huge upset on a Houston grasscourt.

This match provides the third meeting between the two nations and the first for almost half a century.

Spain took the spoils in the first clash in 1930 in Antwerp, with Belgium claiming victory in the second tie in Barcelona in 1956.

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 02:06 AM   #56
RogiFan

Bueno, VAMOS, ESPANA!!!!

All European and Brit Spain fans unite! Please keep us updated with the scores!!!

I won't be around til late [!!! ] tomorrow...

Go, Juanqui, "lider" of the DC team!!!

Sjengster: lol your comments re: Moya's looks!! Seems more people think he's the REAL Spanish pinup boy, not Corretja nor Ferrero! I saw Moya on an ad for some kind of candy or sth on one of those sandwich boards in Sevilla a couple of yrs ago!! He has his own cologne too.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:19 AM   #57
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute

The match between Juanqui and Christophe Rochus just started.

VAMOS JUANQUI Y ESPANA!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:42 AM   #58
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Juanqui won the first set 6-3!

I don't know why I bother posting the scores in the DC forum. I'm all alone here.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:05 AM   #59
Layla

Juanqui won the second set 6-2!

Keep going!
Old 02-07-2003, 11:15 AM   #60
Layla

Juanqui won 6-3 6-2 7-5!

Congrats darling!

He had some problems in the 3rd set when Christophe even served for the set, but he broke back and proceeded to win while avoiding the tie-break.