JUANQUI's Davis Cup 2003 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-27-2003, 10:16 PM   #31
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca
Well they were pretty hard on Hewitt - but eh

I don't see why tennis crowds shouldn't be like that - it was a wonderful atmosphere IMO, and crowds dont' deter Hewitt anyhow.

I think the Aussie team bitched about that a little more than they needed to
I agree w all your comments, Rebecca.

Last year in the DC02 1st rd Spain d ?? can't remember now, was it Uzbekistan? in Albacete or Zaragoza [I must check the venue on the DC site]... but anyway, the important point is, the DC team invited Anabel Medina Garrigues, the young Spanish player who injured her leg last year at the AO when playing Monica, and was out ALL year -- to watch them play. I thought that was a very thoughtful gesture on their part since she was unable to play most of 2002. It was really unfortunate that she got injured right at the beginning of the year because she could be one of Spain's new players -- they will desperately need good young women players after Arantxa and Conchita.

Those Spanish guys are always doing nice things!
RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2003, 11:34 AM   #32
Nacho

Nacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Layla

And Sevilla is a much, much more beautiful town than Madrid.
Ahem... I'll fake I didn't read that... *cough*
Nacho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:15 PM   #33
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Nacho
Ahem... I'll fake I didn't read that... *cough*
Lo sentimos, Nacho!

Both cities are beautiful in their own way -- Madrid very stately and Sevilla very dynamic and Southern.

Guys, here's some info from Nacho:

Just look at the 2002 clay court points:

1. Albert Costa 1700
2. Juan Carlos Ferrero 1505
3. Carlos Moya 1375
4. Alex Corretja 1155
5. Marat Safin 1010
6. Gaston Gaudio 1003
7. Jose Acasuso 835
8. Andre Agassi 825
9. Guillermo Cañas 795
10. Tommy Haas 780

So this is probably the best claycourt team ever -- VAMOS ESPANA!!
Old 01-28-2003, 04:33 PM   #34
RogiFan

to get us in the mood for DC!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jcfcopadav00conensaladera.jpg (34.0 KB, 102 views)
Old 01-28-2003, 09:37 PM   #35
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by RogiFan
I agree w all your comments, Rebecca.

Last year in the DC02 1st rd Spain d ?? can't remember now, was it Uzbekistan? in Albacete or Zaragoza [I must check the venue on the DC site]... but anyway, the important point is, the DC team invited Anabel Medina Garrigues, the young Spanish player who injured her leg last year at the AO when playing Monica, and was out ALL year -- to watch them play. I thought that was a very thoughtful gesture on their part since she was unable to play most of 2002. It was really unfortunate that she got injured right at the beginning of the year because she could be one of Spain's new players -- they will desperately need good young women players after Arantxa and Conchita.

Those Spanish guys are always doing nice things!
last year Spain beat Morocco in the 1st round tie.

awww that was so thoughtful of the Spanish boys. i saw that match when Anabel injured herself at the AO, it was really unfortunate. is she playing again?
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 09:41 PM   #36
Nacho

Nacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond repute

Anabel is trying to come back, but it's not being easy for her. She hasn't won a wta match since last year, and is struggling in challengers. She's ranked now below 500's...
Nacho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #37
RogiFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Leo7
last year Spain beat Morocco in the 1st round tie.

awww that was so thoughtful of the Spanish boys. i saw that match when Anabel injured herself at the AO, it was really unfortunate. is she playing again?
Hi Leo!

Yeah, Anabel is slowly getting back into the season but it will take her a while... too bad! I hope she can gain her confidence back and start playing well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anabelmedinagarriguesaussie02.jpg (12.5 KB, 92 views)
Old 01-28-2003, 10:07 PM   #38
RogiFan

Time for more pix of Sevilla: La Torre de Oro at night -- this is where the Spanish apparently stored all the gold they plundered from the New World...

Old 01-29-2003, 12:01 AM   #39
Leo7

Leo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond reputeLeo7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Leo!

Yeah, Anabel is slowly getting back into the season but it will take her a while... too bad! I hope she can gain her confidence back and start playing well.
thanks for the update, Nacho and RF. i hope Anabel can make a comeback too b/c from what i saw at last year's AO she is very talented and determined. and i like her fiery attitude.
"Ferrero's going to be a tough one for anybody. This guy is the real deal already. He's got a chance at going a long, long way. This guy could be the best Spanish player ever; that's saying something." - John McEnroe, June 2000

[marquee] Hey Emma [/marquee]

Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:11 PM   #40
RogiFan

Hola, chicas y chicos!

Update:

Today the Spanish DC team practised in the brand-new tennis facility in Sevilla, which had its inaugural opening by the Andalucia Tourisma and Sports council.

They're feeling good and are confident although they are not dismissing the Belgians.

Moya said the people of Sevilla always support them and will be there 100% to help the team win.

Yesterday, Moya, Corretja, Costa and the coaches arrived in Sevilla from Barcelona. Juanqui and his coach drove in from Valencia and arrived later!

The 3 players are looking forward to playing in Sevilla, where, says Costa, the people are very hot-blooded and will certainly keep their spirits up! He also said Sevilla is an enchanting, beautiful city. Costa also said they'll probably be screaming the whole time [oh, oh, just like Barcelona00 all over again!!!]. Moya's feeling good about winning this round and says it's a good year for the Spaniards because of the schedule.

Moya also commented on the warm sunny weather of Sevilla since it was cold in Barcelona... the great climate will help a lot, he said!

Funny that Juanqui arrives separately and later...
Old 02-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #41
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Head to heads:

Ferrero vs Malisse

Never met

Ferrero vs O. Rochus

Never met

Ferrero vs C. Rochus

Never met

Ferrero vs Vliegen

Never met

==============================================

Moya vs Malisse

1999 -- TMS Indian Wells (Hard), R16 -- Moya 6-4, 6-3

Moya vs O. Rochus

2002 -- Bastad (Clay), R32 -- Moya 6-3, 6-4

Moya vs C. Rochus

Never met

Moya vs Vliegen

Never met

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:22 PM   #42
John.Charles

John.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond reputeJohn.Charles has a reputation beyond repute

a la ferrero
Attached Images
File Type: jpg off-6.jpg (27.5 KB, 87 views)

ESP

JCF FOREVER !

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
¡ VAMOS JUANKI !

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
John.Charles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 AM   #43
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hola, chicas y chicos!

Update:

Today the Spanish DC team practised in the brand-new tennis facility in Sevilla, which had its inaugural opening by the Andalucia Tourisma and Sports council.

They're feeling good and are confident although they are not dismissing the Belgians.

Moya said the people of Sevilla always support them and will be there 100% to help the team win.

Yesterday, Moya, Corretja, Costa and the coaches arrived in Sevilla from Barcelona. Juanqui and his coach drove in from Valencia and arrived later!

The 3 players are looking forward to playing in Sevilla, where, says Costa, the people are very hot-blooded and will certainly keep their spirits up! He also said Sevilla is an enchanting, beautiful city. Costa also said they'll probably be screaming the whole time [oh, oh, just like Barcelona00 all over again!!!]. Moya's feeling good about winning this round and says it's a good year for the Spaniards because of the schedule.

Moya also commented on the warm sunny weather of Sevilla since it was cold in Barcelona... the great climate will help a lot, he said!

Funny that Juanqui arrives separately and later...
RF thanks for the translation. So I look it up on the map and Villena is not so far from Seville, well, compared to Barca. Wonder who's driving .
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 02:16 PM   #44
RogiFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
RF thanks for the translation. So I look it up on the map and Villena is not so far from Seville, well, compared to Barca. Wonder who's driving .
Hi Vera,

You s have your arm looked at -- doesn't sound good that it still hurts! I often have a sore arm from using the computer constantly -- and I don't even have time to have it checked out -- I guess I s listen to myself here!!

Valencia, which is not far from Villena, is a little over 600 km from Sevilla so it w take them about 6 hrs to get there -- or perhaps less time, since everyone drives SO fast in Europe -- in France I drove at 130 km/hr and EVERYONE was passing me on the highway!!! So... be careful, Juanqui!
Old 02-04-2003, 02:21 PM   #45
RogiFan

a TINY pic of Juanqui signing autographs in Sevilla: