JUANQUI's Davis Cup 2003 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-24-2003, 03:52 AM   #16
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca
TH - If the USA and Spain win, you will get to "settle" for their quarterfinal too
LOL, that's the one shining aspect of Croatia losing to Andy & co + James -- watching Juanqui and the Spaniards kick their asses

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2003, 03:55 AM   #17
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

That overhead shot of the bullring is amazing so beautiful. Red bricks and orange clay, and I love European cities which look so colorful.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:01 AM   #18
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Vera
That overhead shot of the bullring is amazing so beautiful. Red bricks and orange clay, and I love European cities which look so colorful.
Yeah, isn't it gorgeous! Sevilla is a very colourful city -- very lively and friendly! Everywhere you look is eyecatching. And the people are so nice to look at too!

Speaking of Spanish... Vivi and Paola just won the 1st set 6-4 off the Venus sisters. VAMOS!!!!

I was supposed to go to bed already! They s be on TV now.
RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:09 AM   #19
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

Really! Then I should go watch it then, if there's any chance to watch the Willy lose. I can't believe they really aren't showing the Men SF on TV (they replayed last nite's Lady SF this morning when I checked). Now Juanqui didn't get to SF and it ain't so bad .

Thanks for the pix and pls post more .
Old 01-24-2003, 04:34 PM   #20
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Rather quiet today...

The Spanish Tennis Federation will honour Arantxa on Feb. 8 of the DC in Sevilla -- to recognize her huge contribution to tennis

She won the prestigious premio Príncipe de Asturias de Deportes in 1998, 29 singles titles, including 3 Grand Slams (3 French Open and 1 US Open) & 67 doubles titles, plus 4 Olympic medals: 2 silver and 2 bronze and helped Spain win Fed Cup 5 times

Arantxa was surely the BEST Spanish tennis player to date! In Spain she is a "superstar" acc. to Alex!!

Felicitaciones, Arantxa!!
Old 01-24-2003, 05:09 PM   #21
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Tennishack - not only will you get to watch it, you will get to hear Pat and whoever commentates for him as he coaches, go on and on about Roddick's GREAT record against Spaniards *smirk*

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 07:22 PM   #22
Vera

I think it's great that Juanqui's next tournament is Davis Cup. He never really smile much on court. But the last time he was on court, I felt that he really isn't enjoy much of tennis at that moment, the wear and tear is on his face. So hopefully, Davis Cup will bring back some great memory and the joy of tennis for him and give him some boosting. Besides, I'm sure he'll enjoy the opportunity to be around with the armada and have fun on and off court .
Old 01-24-2003, 07:31 PM   #23
RogiFan

Quote:
I think it's great that Juanqui's next tournament is Davis Cup. He never really smile much on court. But the last time he was on court, I felt that he really isn't enjoy much of tennis at that moment, the wear and tear is on his face. So hopefully, Davis Cup will bring back some great memory and the joy of tennis for him and give him some boosting. Besides, I'm sure he'll enjoy the opportunity to be around with the armada and have fun on and off court .
Hi Vera and Lee!

And you know Juanqui LOVES to play in Spain, so that will motivate him and boost his morale! Wish I could be there! Hmm... any of those Air Canada seat sales to Madrid?? Then I could take the highspeed train down to Sevilla from Madrid and be there in a couple of hours, then stay in my usual hotel...
Old 01-24-2003, 07:49 PM   #24
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca
Tennishack - not only will you get to watch it, you will get to hear Pat and whoever commentates for him as he coaches, go on and on about Roddick's GREAT record against Spaniards *smirk*
I think its usually Cliffy & Mal Washington who do the DC ties since PMac is having anyuerisms on court And since Cliffy likes Juan Carlos now . . . . . . it'll just be Mal "Marat is a Mental Midget" Washington who'll be crowing.

I can't wait

Old 01-24-2003, 07:51 PM   #25
country flag TennisHack

Quote:
Well, he's getting a week of rest before training with his best-buddy teammates for Davis Cup, so that'll help as well I'm sure the guys will do their fair share of fun and funny things in the next few weeks, and hopefully we'll get to hear about them!

I like that his next tourney is DC because he always has so much fun on court. Like RF says, he loves playing in Spain and playing *for* Spain, so it'll be nice to see him relaxing and having fun and being patriotic all at once

Old 01-24-2003, 08:24 PM   #26
RogiFan

For those of you who've seen those historical DC00 final matches between ESP/AUS, how would you evaluate the Spanish supporters in Barcelona?? I'm very curious to hear your opinions on their behaviour.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:30 PM   #27
country flag TennisHack

Quote:
Originally posted by RogiFan
For those of you who've seen those historical DC00 final matches between ESP/AUS, how would you evaluate the Spanish supporters in Barcelona?? I'm very curious to hear your opinions on their behaviour.
Well, I've just seen the one, epic match against Potatoman, but the crowd was huge, and loud, and supportive and cheering. Should I bump up the DC 2000 thread so you can reread my breathless post-match analysis? They were chanting "Ferrero" for the whole match, and dancing and singing when he won

Old 01-24-2003, 08:49 PM   #28
RogiFan

Quote:
Originally posted by TennisHack
Well, I've just seen the one, epic match against Potatoman, but the crowd was huge, and loud, and supportive and cheering. Should I bump up the DC 2000 thread so you can reread my breathless post-match analysis? They were chanting "Ferrero" for the whole match, and dancing and singing when he won
I would be v interested in your post-match analysis, Hackie!
Old 01-24-2003, 08:53 PM   #29
country flag TennisHack

All right then, I just bumped up the thread -- it's the "We're going to learn a lot about Juan Carlos Ferrero in the next 20 minutes" one.

Enjoy

Old 01-27-2003, 05:12 PM   #30
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Well they were pretty hard on Hewitt - but eh

I don't see why tennis crowds shouldn't be like that - it was a wonderful atmosphere IMO, and crowds dont' deter Hewitt anyhow.

I think the Aussie team bitched about that a little more than they needed to

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote