The Take a Deep Breathe and Start Over Again Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Take a Deep Breathe and Start Over Again Thread

I think that Nico needs to start a square one and build up again.

Find a new coach - but take his time.

Get a new fitness coach - too many injuries here, and he still feels out of shape after being back since Houston? Not acceptable. Get someone else that can get him back.

I personally think though that a lot of this is in his head. Get a good sports psychologist and spend the next two weeks before Halle starts with her/him.

We're behind you NICO 110%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #2
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Take a Deep Breathe and Start Over Again Thread

Well, you know your chico Nicofan so I hope he takes your advice! I was surprised to read that he didn't feel in shape yet-he has been playing well but like you said its mostly in his lovely head. I also have a feeling he feels a lot worse about his loss yesterday than he lets on, I mean its RG for goodness sake. When he conquers his inner demons so to speak he will be back. Love ya Nico!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007

Last edited by Sparko1030 : 05-25-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Same here .. poor nico i'm feel so bad...
i scary. i think that nico will fall again and he isn't going to stand up again ...

Nico needs our help
Old 05-26-2005, 03:07 AM   #4
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Alonso don't say that...you got me scared for him now.

I wish I could get on a plane and go to Europe.

Why isn't anyone helping him? His mama y papa?

I hope they don't leave him after the French. He needs someone with him. He'll be all alone with no one.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
country flag NicoFan

Nico is going back to Chile once doubles is over.

I'm so disappointed in this decision...bad bad bad decision.

He can get tests done in Europe. He has no one to practice with in Chile. I don't understand these horrid decisions this year. Its one bad decision after another.

He just needs court time. He's got to just do it, and yeah, it takes 2, 3, 4 months to come back, but it has to be done. He can't just run home to Chile. He's got to ride it out - on court!

Nico sweetie - what are you thinking????

From Radio Cooperativa:

Massú conditioned its action in Winbledon to results of new exams. The double Olympic medalist assured this Thursday that only after being carried out some physical tests in Chile he will decide if he is in conditions of playing the third grand Slam of the season.

Nicolas Massú assured this Thursday that once finished its action in the picture of double of Roland Garros, next to Fernando González, will travel to Chie to be submitted to a series of physical exams that determine if is in codiciones to play in Wimbledon.

"I am expecting to finish with Fernando here (in Paris) and I will go to Chile to tomrme some exams again because me do not I feel of the all well", said Massú in dialogue with Al Air Free in Cooperative.

"Do neither I feel badly, but not as i would like. Therefore I am going to take those exams and if they tell me that I am well I will coach for Wimbledon", added.

Massú not yet finds the optimum necessary physical fund to confront the circuit after the wounds -crack in the left foot and a tendonitis in the ankle of that same extremity- that left was it by various months.

In Santiago, the double Olympic medalist will be put in the hands of his body medical headline by the doctor Alejandro Orizola.

The viñamarino fell last Tuesday in the first round of the Open one of Paris before the Swiss one Stanislas Wawrinka for 7-6 (4), 2-6, 2-6 and 4-6.

Massú (62ºen double) and González (49º) they debuted with the right foot this Thursday in the picture of double of Roland Garros, al to be imposed for 6-4, 3-6 and 6-3 al binomial of the Italian one Daniele Braciali (81º) and the Rumanian one Andrei Pavel (45º).

The Olympic medalists will face in the second phase al Swiss Yves Allegro (43º) and al German Michael Kohlmann (42º).
Old 05-27-2005, 04:41 AM   #6
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Jejeje i dont know if is the same news .....well here i go ahother info

From Terra

i'm going to translate it in google so .. isnt the best translate

The tennis player alerts
NICOLAS MASSÚ NOT YET DEFINES HIS PARTICIPATION IN WIMBLEDON
Nicholas Massú expressed east Thursday that after finishing their participation in Roland Garros, where the second round of doubles with Fernando González will play, will travel to Chile to be made medical examinations and after that its participation in Wimbledon will decide. "I am hoping to finish with Fernando here (in Paris) and to Chile I will take examinations again because I do not feel absolutely well", he asserted, the first national racket to Cooperative Radio. The viñamarino has not managed to completely recover after the fissure in the left foot and a tendinitis in the ankle of that same extremity. These injuries marginalized it by three months of the fields, forcing it to make a special work to reinsertar itself in the circuit. The double Olympic medallista, did not emphasize, "I feel either bad, but not as I would like. For that reason I am going away to take those examinations and if they say to me that I am well I will train for Wimbledon ". Massú and González initiated with a victory their participation in the doubles of Roland Garros, when defeating by 6-4, 3-6 and 6-3 to the binomial conformed by the Italian Daniele Braciali and Rumanian Andrei Pavel. Dupla national will have a complicated commitment in the second phase of the Parisian match, where they will be moderate against the Swiss Yves Allegro and to the German Michael Kohlmann.

bye sue and nico ^^
Old 06-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #7
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys - don't be so sad . Things will get better for Nico - he just needs time. Believe me, I do know what you are going through right now because last year, David only played half the season - he missed 4 Masters' Series events and Wimbledon, and also had a series of bad things happen in his personal life including relationship problems and, most tragically, the death of his beloved Father.

It has taken him almost a year and things are still not 100% for him, but at least he is coming back slowly with a tournament victory in Munich recently, a 4th round in RG and the quarters in Australia. So I'm sure things will get better for Nico in time - he has a strong family and they will stand by him.

From my own experiences with David I truly think Nico is making the right decision going back to Chile, and also not playing Wimby unless he feels 100% right physically and mentally. Because there are his younger brothers to consider, I doubt that his Mama could stay any longer in Europe, and there is no point in putting his body through stresses and strains that he doesn't feel ready for. This will only lead to more injuries and a further loss in confidence if he loses badly again.

So - keep the faith - just give him space and time, and I'm sure he will be fine

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:23 AM   #8
country flag NicoFan

Hey Rosie - good advice! And felt sort of better after reading the article cobalt was talking about - though worried about his ankle. But Nico does need just time and space like you said.

I just worry about him...can't help myself...
Old 06-02-2005, 08:47 AM   #9
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are being so depressing

If one was to come to this thread they would think that RG is over for Nico. He and Gonzo are in the DOUBLES SFs for crying out loud. Put your energy into cheering him on for that and then move on to worrying about what comes after RG . Too much bad karma.
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:16 AM   #10
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
Thank you Rosie and it is so nice to hear from you again And you are right about his decision. There was an article today interviewing his father who felt that Nico has matured enough and is making his own decisions well. Nico feels that since he has no points to defend on grass, it is more important that he go back to South America( he is going to Argentina to train with other top argentinians so not chile)and regroup and feel 100%. He also felt that it would be worse for him mentally to go play and lose in the early rounds. That that would shake his confidence. And right now he and Fena are sitting pretty in doubles. So yes I have faith here and as a fan trust in his decision.
And Papa Massu mentioned that 2 coaches have approached Nico; one being Guga's ex-coach Larri P.
Thanks again. Are your traveling tennis days over for awhile?
Hi Sue and Nico - and thanks for your nice words. Yes my current travelling days are coming to an end (at least until Vienna in October) Of course I'll be watching David at Wimbledon but I just have to walk down the road for that so it doesn't really constitute travelling! Larry Pasos was in Paris last week and, come to think of it, I did see him talking to Nico's Mother one morning, so I think there is a lot of truth in that rumour I think Larry is a great coach and a nice guy and it will be good for Nico to have him on board.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 06-02-2005 at 10:18 AM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:42 PM   #11
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Nico & Gonzo lost the Doubles SF in 3 sets so you guys can go back to being

It was a close 3 sets against a tough team of Bjorkman/Mirnyi.
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:27 PM   #12
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
You guys are being so depressing

If one was to come to this thread they would think that RG is over for Nico. He and Gonzo are in the DOUBLES SFs for crying out loud. Put your energy into cheering him on for that and then move on to worrying about what comes after RG . Too much bad karma.
Sorry...you're right!

We'll be cheerful...he did do so well to get to the SF!!!

I just worry about him...I can't help myself...

But I'm sure he's fine.

Have some pictures to post too - will do that tonight.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:56 AM   #13
country flag +alonso

Yup.. So sorry They had a great week

Congrats Nico and Feña
Old 06-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #14
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Nico withdrew from Halle with a ankle injury

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #15
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Nico withdrew from Halle with a ankle injury
We knew that was coming.

He's having tests done when he gets back to Chile.

I'm sure he's fine...he's just worried about it, and I'm sure the doctor will give him a thumbs up. People on the boards have seen him, and said he looks great, is happy, is running around well.

I think he just needs a break - he puts so much pressure on himself, and I think his expectations on coming back may have been a bit high.

He said that if he lost on grass, he'd get discouraged. So I really think that he is just skipping these...and he'll be back 100% for the summer touranments.

Which was my original prediction on when he would come completely back.

Have a nice rest NICO! But will miss you over the next month!