Roland Garros - Tues 25th - DAY 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-23-2005, 07:37 PM   #1
country flag adk

adk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond reputeadk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roland Garros - Tues 25th - DAY 2

Everybody is saying that PHM is 'the pick of the round' and 'such a great bet', but I'm not so convinced.

Lopez has won both of their clay court meetings, and PHM has gone out in the first round of TMS Monte Carlo, Rome and Hamburg, which is far from impressive.

His only half decent run on the dirt this year, was in Estoril, where he beat Novak and Cakl, before losing to an out-of-form Moya.

Lopez hasn't been much more impressive, but he did send Agassi packing in Hamburg, and beat Almagro and Montanes in Barca and Estoril respectively - two decent clay courters.

Can anybody put up a convincing argument why PHM is so good, apart from the home crowd?

Other than that, I like GGL over O Rochus, and Puerta over Ljubo.

Furthermore, Arthurs may represent some value over Melzer, as he has beaten him quite comfortably twice this year already - although that was on grass and hard courts, and Wayno isn't the greatest clay courter who has ever graced the earth.

Also, maybe Wawa over Massu for a bit of an upset?
adk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #2
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roland Garros - Tues 25th - DAY 2

Was this "Lopez d. Gasquet 6-2 2-6 7-6" for real? Or wasn't it a serious match? I didn't see the result until yesterday.

However, I have PHM in a parlay with Volandri and Clement.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like most of the matches tomorrow.

I play the German loser girls to have a winning day:
Weingärtner x Grönefeld @2.30
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:57 PM   #4
country flag Bonaventure

Bonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond repute

See my pick of the day. I wanted to start the thread and call it Paul-Henri Mathieu Tuesday

Well anyway, so much money is going on PHM that I don't know how much else I'd be able to handle.

But I've parlayed Puerta x GGL at odds of 3.60

And parlayed Saretta x Guga x Blake x Haas at odds of 4.25.

But the serious, serious bucks are on the mighty PHM. Keep up your great record for me you little beauty

Good luck all, and get on PHM if you want to make some £££ $$$
Bonaventure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:56 AM   #5
country flag Bonaventure

Bonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond reputeBonaventure has a reputation beyond repute

Please win PHM, nerves are beginning to kick in
Old 05-24-2005, 12:56 AM   #6
bad gambler

yeah mathieu on paper looks good but i wouldnt go as far as saying he should be a huge play - if anything lopez\'s dirt form over the last month is more impressive, which says it all
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:58 AM   #7
country flag Bonaventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
yeah mathieu on paper looks good but i wouldnt go as far as saying he should be a huge play - if anything lopez\'s dirt form over the last month is more impressive, which says it all
Too late, hugest play ever
Old 05-24-2005, 01:12 AM   #8
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Too late, hugest play ever

good luck then frenchie

will you be able to follow scores?
Old 05-24-2005, 01:14 AM   #9
bad gambler

and also - i feel sorry for you guys who played fruitcake verdasco

i never thought that davydenkos tag as the most toothless player on tour would ever be surpassed - looks like it has now
Old 05-24-2005, 01:25 AM   #10
country flag Bonaventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
good luck then frenchie

will you be able to follow scores?
Yeah I'll be pulling a sickie. Seeing as it would take about 5 months working at this placement to earn the amount I'm staking on PHM I don't think I could bear not to be following scores. I'm s******g it already.

Latest rankings update....Christophe Rochus ends Carlos Moya's 87 week stay at top spot of the "Lets mess up Frenchie's bets". Having backed his opponent 5 times in the last 2 weeks and lost every time, Frenchie swallows his pride and backs Rochus, who then proceeds to lose against Melzer and Behrend costing him an absolute packet. Carlos Moya drops to the number 2 spot but is comfortably there and not really being challenged due to a mass of points built up over the years, with Mariano Puerta a steady no.3 after some recent efforts against Melzer and Mantilla. Agustin Calleri drops to no.4 as virtue of not having played recently, although once he returns from injury I can see him climbing back up the rankings. Fernando Verdasco is a new entry at no.5, having been on the brink of the top 5 for a while, he cemented his place in there with an outstanding collapse from 2 sets to 0 up against the clay court genius that is Robin Soderling.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:14 AM   #11
bad gambler

Ok im going to have a punt today, unlike yesterday there seems to be some value floating around:

Singles:
Puerta to beat Ljubicic - $1.85 (3 units)
Muller to beat Youhzny - $2.90 (2 units)

Parlay:
Acasuso x Vliegen x Clement = $2.80 (3 units)
Old 05-24-2005, 03:49 AM   #12
country flag SwiSha

SwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond reputeSwiSha has a reputation beyond repute

aite guys
my plays so far
Santoro + Ventura + Clement
Chucho + Medina Garrigues
SwiSha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:55 AM   #13
bad gambler

Im also adding the following parlay :-

Andreev x Coria x Clement x Ferrero x Vliegen x Ventura x T. Johnasson x Henin x Mauresmo x Peer = $5.18 (2 units)
Old 05-24-2005, 04:16 AM   #14
country flag DimOK

DimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond repute

Arvidsson to beat Daniilidou @ 2.4

Vliegen*Coria*Ferrero*Clement

This are questionable, but still looks good for me...
Kiefer*Haas*Djokovic*Massu
DimOK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:40 AM   #15
country flag DimOK

DimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond reputeDimOK has a reputation beyond repute

Another one (from BF) - Dlouhy to beat Enqvist @ 1.85
DimOK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote