Hereby I announce that I am making a tennis manager game inspired by tennis elbow manager.
Tennis elbow manager is a great game but it has some shortcomings. I am listing them here because I know the author of that game is a MTFer.
* It is too complex. I am impressed by the amount of detail it goes into, but that has an impact on the game play.
* The interface is from 1995. Seriously. It is ugly. The complexity of the game doesn't help either.
So what am I striving for? What will this new game be?
* You create a player
* You schedule his calendar for the season
* You begin training and player tournaments
* Season by season, week by week
* Version 1: You play the tour against the AI
* You keep finetuning your guy until he dominates
# Where am I now?
Very early days, just built basic match simulator between two players.
# Why are you announcing it so early?
* If I go public, you guys will pressure me to stay motivated and finish building it.
* If you guys have played tennis manager games, I am very interested in your feedback.
* Doing some market research never hurt anybody.
* And if I am lucky, some of you may volunteer to help as programmers, art-work producers, testers, marketers etc.
So .. take it away MTF!
PS: I keep posting regular updates here.