Perth (Hopman cup) RR: G. Panfil def. M. Raonic 7-6 6-3 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #31
country flag Ashlar77

Ashlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond reputeAshlar77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth (Hopman cup) RR: G. Panfil def. M. Raonic 7-6 6-3

Way to let the team down Milos
Ashlar77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #32
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

why panfil was nowhere to be found before? no money, simple as that. he was top 30 junior in his time, doubles winner of australian open

he has always had talent and when i was seeing him in 2005 for the first time i thought he could make it on the main tour for sure

i guess with no possibility to travel and train with his level guys his motivation also dropped and he didn't maintain this level (struggled physically a bit tbh). he was also a choker of epic proportion. in 2011 in sopot i think he didn't use like 6 mps against gicquel

he's been training with janowicz, and i think he's at this age where he's an adult and might make another step (like kubot and przysiezny made before him). he already played very pretty tennis last year but choked some chances. now he says janowicz gave him some blase and he's more chilled on court

let's see. he is a very nice person, i think the nicest out of polish singles players so i wish him all the best

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #33
country flag Rychu
Thumps Chest Repeatedly

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

lets go!

More talented player won

Thiem - Kyrgios - Fognini - Monfils - Djokovic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercrabs View Post
How can anybody say anything other than Raonic. Not only is his game ugly, but he himself looks like a lumbering troll. It's like you got the body of somebody who is 5'8 and put it on giant oversized legs.
Rychu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #34
country flag riff

riff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond repute

9 years as a pro, best ranking - 279, coached by a relative, oh well, maybe he is a new man for 2014, sure.
riff is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #35
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Banned!

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Panfil a few times in the tail end to last season when I was slowly getting into watching challenger tennis with more eye and he was a player with some serious arsenal, but I really wondered if he produce close to his A game or even B game stuff, consistently. I bet on him to take a set off Arnold (Schwarzman) and the match, separate bets and the only reason he lost out in 3 sets was because the match was on clay and Schwarzman could just grind him down. I think a problem with player's like him is despite being very "capable" of playing at tour level; when they produce this overall, big first strike tennis game... the brand/style of it lives/thrives of inspiration and with the dead atmosphere challenger tennis brings, where are their inspiration? This is why they're unable to get it to work often enough. Challenger court stadium's are predominantly empty, unless it's near the final and even the atmosphere is very "villagey". These player's need something that can uplift them, seeing nobody in awe of your shots I imagine can be flattening, or when there's no applause or a very muted one, when you hit a really good winner. Where do player's like this get their momentum from? Ballstriking well match after match with muted crowds is one thing, then there's facing the challenger player that is used to playing long winded challenger matches to tournaments week in, week out, has the better fitness and not only the game to grind you down, but the mindset.

The tournament I watched Panfil at Szczecin Ch (POL) Match Stats, Clay, he came all the way through qualifying and got to the quarter finals. As he was gaining support he could play his brand of tennis to a high enough level. He was producing big serves, one two punches, class at the net, etc. Everything about his game screaming top 50, AT MINIMUM. His presence at the net was what impressed me most, just ahead of his composure. I remember wondering at the time, what part of the top 50 pro criteria he lacked and I was really struggling for anything. Tall ballstriker or small grinder... or if you're good enough for top 3, tall and a combination of weapons and grind. He ticked the tall and ballstriking game. Sick outswinging LEFTY serve, a heavy lefty outswinging forehand that should be destroying most right hander's backhand in the challengers and a very, very solid game at the net.

So my theory is grinders have this strong natural work ethic mentality and it's because they have had to work hard to get themselves on tour since young. Obviously that comes from owning no serious weapons, but this has indirectly given them the advantage of "not struggling for motivation and not requiring an inspiration to play near their A game". Player's like Panfil made it on just talent alone but without the grit they're always going to be victim's to the challenger bulldog bullies. Panfil and his sort need a break so they can get themselves onto the main tour and maximising their potential.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #36
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Always a delightful day to see the serve bot loses.

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013/14 Monte Carlo
coolfish1103 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote