2014 Season, Fin! - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #106
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2014, Season Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
I don't know any other athlete who does live up more to Adidas' all in slogan.
Ain't that the truth.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 AM   #107
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: 2014, Season Down Under

ALLEZ GILLOU!!! /2-2/
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:48 AM   #108
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute

tiebreak
Old 01-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #109
country flag rtgy

Red face Re: 2014, Season Down Under

6-7(6)
Old 01-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #110
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

2 sets and a break down, he just doesn't have enough energy on the legs for fighting with Jo.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 01-18-2014, 10:11 AM   #111

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Expected outcome, at least for me anyway. I had made peace with this being the outcome after he beat Cilic. I just didn't expect him to have much left to give against Tsonga. He competed well and actually had chances in the first set, but losing the tiebreak really kinda just took the last of his energy. I have to admit that I really don't like Tsonga. He's never really sit well with me of the Frenchies so whenever Gilles loses to him no matter the circumstances it always stings a little more than it would otherwise.

Having said that, Gilles did amazing at this year's AO all things considered and the good news is that his ankle looks to have turned out well after everything and all the tennis he played in the first two matches so at least that potential tragedy of an injury and long absence from the game was averted and by making it to the 3rd round he's at least minimized the amount of points he will lose compared to a forfeit or 1st round loss.

Well done Gilles and after a rocky start, here's to a much better rest of the 2014 season. Allez Gilou!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #112
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he played pretty good considering.

Now rest well, Gilles. Hope he is really safe this time from another DC tie. I mean, if no one can go to play and they have to call him yet again as the last resource, he should say no.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #113
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
Expected outcome, at least for me anyway. I had made peace with this being the outcome after he beat Cilic. I just didn't expect him to have much left to give against Tsonga. He competed well and actually had chances in the first set, but losing the tiebreak really kinda just took the last of his energy. I have to admit that I really don't like Tsonga. He's never really sit well with me of the Frenchies so whenever Gilles loses to him no matter the circumstances it always stings a little more than it would otherwise.

Having said that, Gilles did amazing at this year's AO all things considered and the good news is that his ankle looks to have turned out well after everything and all the tennis he played in the first two matches so at least that potential tragedy of an injury and long absence from the game was averted and by making it to the 3rd round he's at least minimized the amount of points he will lose compared to a forfeit or 1st round loss.

Well done Gilles and after a rocky start, here's to a much better rest of the 2014 season. Allez Gilou!
I agree with everything you said here.

Good luck Gilles for the rest of the year!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #114
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles showed great determination this tournament & overall played well. Hopefully he can put the injury worries behind him.
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #115
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

So, Gilles is selected to play DC even if Jan asked Clément not to select him and there are others available... Do we need a new thread or do we keep it here for first round since they play Australia anyway?
Old 01-21-2014, 04:13 PM   #116
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Well, he played pretty good considering.

Now rest well, Gilles. Hope he is really safe this time from another DC tie. I mean, if no one can go to play and they have to call him yet again as the last resource, he should say no.
Clement thinks otherwise . He's taken Bennetau, Tsonga, Gasquet, Monfils and Gilles for the tie vs Australia. Seems like Arno doesn't give up for Gilles, even taking into account his matches in Argentina and De Witt's advise ( who told Clement not to get Gilles for tne tie). I hope he is there just as a 5th man and that he trains lightly with his friends, without any real expectation.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #117
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillouthe best View Post
Clement thinks otherwise .
why Arno? why? Just let go of him .
Oh well. Hopefully he doesn't need to play at all, unless...
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #118

Doesn't Gilles have the right to say yes or no for himself? I mean it's not like he has to play if selected. He can just say no and that's that. Why doesn't Arno pick Chardy as the fifth man now anyway? He's been very much improving. He can fill that void now.

Anyway, my guess is that it will be Tsonga and Gasquet handling the singles duties and Benny and Monfils the doubles and Gilles will just be there as a practice partner and last ditch back up should something crazy happen injury wise. But I wish he would just stop at this point and focus on nothing but himself. Jan was right to feel the way he does. The DC has given Gilles nothing but grief. Enough already Gilles.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #119
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
Doesn't Gilles have the right to say yes or no for himself? I mean it's not like he has to play if selected. He can just say no and that's that. Why doesn't Arno pick Chardy as the fifth man now anyway? He's been very much improving. He can fill that void now.

Anyway, my guess is that it will be Tsonga and Gasquet handling the singles duties and Benny and Monfils the doubles and Gilles will just be there as a practice partner and last ditch back up should something crazy happen injury wise. But I wish he would just stop at this point and focus on nothing but himself. Jan was right to feel the way he does. The DC has given Gilles nothing but grief. Enough already Gilles.
He probably does have that right, but I don't see Frenchies turn down DC if they are able to play. I've been to 3 ties of France and you can just feel that it's really important to them to play for France. I can understand that Gilles wants to be a part of that and I think it's nice Arnaud still believes in him. But I hope that for once he wins a meaningful match to silence the haters. Already read some stupid comments of people on Facebook again, especially since Llodra isn't selected
I agree that it's probably better for him not to play in DC, but he wants to be a part of it and Arnaud wants him there. So I can only support him, cheer for him and hope for the best.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #120
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles is the fifth

Why have selected Gilles Simon while his coach would have liked it sits?
I spoke with Gilles his ankle problem. I asked him how he felt. He replied "I feel great and I'm ready to tackle 100% in a few days on clay From the moment it gives me this guarantee, I take it to player number 5. Gilles brings a more offensive game to his orientation, which can be beneficial to us, especially if one or two players got hurt during the preparation

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actuali...-risque/434023
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote