2014, Summer Clay in Europe - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-22-2014, 09:21 PM   #301
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2014, European Clay Season

http://www.opennicecotedazur.com/sim...rview-287.html

SIMON: "JE VEUX CE TITRE AVANT LA FIN DE MA CARRIERE"

This may be his best chance to make that a reality. C'mon Gilles!
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #302
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't watch the match, but it sounds like Gilles played well.
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #303
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles got a good draw for once, Raonic and then Nishikori are his first seeds. Qualifier in first round could be difficult because they'll be prepared but all things considered the draw is not too bad.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #304

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Whelp, that's that. None of the form, belief or energy that was shown yesterday. Just a really disappointing effort from Gilles today. Nothing much else to say really. I can't be satisfied with a semifinal when based on the way he had been playing all tournament and his opponent today, the opportunity for a final and potentially a title was there. Now it just feels like this was more a blip of the old Gilles this week than a return to form Gilles. Shoot
Old 05-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #305
country flag Suz-ee

Suz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond repute

He was really uninspired today... Though Delbonis is a bad match up, he hits really heavy balls. On court, Gilles said that he struggled with his game because he "wasn't the strongest of guy".

Also, he said in his PM interview that he figured how to play Delbonis towards the end but wasn't in enough shape to play for three hours. Not sure what to make of that

+ he thinks his RG draw is alright and that he has to take his chances. Which somehow makes me really worried.

(Link for the French speakers)

Edit : He gave an interview in l'équipe where they asked him to commentate on his "controversial" quotes. I have a copy somewhere if someone is interested

Last edited by Suz-ee : 05-23-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Suz-ee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #306
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz-ee View Post
He was really uninspired today... Though Delbonis is a bad match up, he hits really heavy balls. On court, Gilles said that he struggled with his game because he "wasn't the strongest of guy".

Also, he said in his PM interview that he figured how to play Delbonis towards the end but wasn't in enough shape to play for three hours. Not sure what to make of that

+ he thinks his RG draw is alright and that he has to take his chances. Which somehow makes me really worried.

(Link for the French speakers)

Edit : He gave an interview in l'équipe where they asked him to commentate on his "controversial" quotes. I have a copy somewhere if someone is interested
I'd definitely be interested in reading it.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #307
country flag Suz-ee

Suz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it's readable If someone needs a translation let me know!
Old 05-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #308
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much, Suzee. I would very much like to have a rough translation.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #309
country flag Suz-ee

I ended up translating the whole thing It was kind of hard to summarize.
Some parts are a bit shaky, he's very hard to translate since he uses a lot of French "slang".

About prize money : I haven't changed my mind (smile). What annoyed me was to end up in the big press conference room in Wimbledon, in front of medias that asked me to justify myself when they write six pages on men and two on women. Come on guys, take your responsibilities! We're used to this hypocrisy and I don't give a shit. They want to put me on trial for men-women parity like we're talking about equivalent positions in a company. I'm not against that at all. Here, it's nothing but an economical structure : it's enough to look at the price for the men finale and the price for the women one (170€ versus 124€).

About his comments on Guy Forget, roughly "he doesn't get to talk about my game when he's on the chair and I'm on court" : Guy, I like him a lot, he's smart and knows his tennis. Like me, in my field, he's very sure of himself, with valid arguments, but it matches the type of play he used to play. He always wanted to see us move forward and "make the game ours". But I simply think that, since his philosophy on the game and mine are radically opposed, it made it complicated. I sometimes thought that I'd rather think on my own.

About his comments on the time Djokovic took between points in 2008 : It's hell! I also had this problem with Rafa (in Rome last week). He took only one warning because the umpire wants to clean his conscience when he knows he went over time fifty times. It was the same for Novak. When it was an important point, he made you wait for twenty seconds, to make you think. But I'm never mad at the guys, the umpire is the problem. He has to sanction every time and "basta". There should be a rule where the player gets on the baseline and has five seconds to serve.

About his comment that he felt hurt in his ego hearing that he was a fake top ten : I quickly changed my mind on that because I realized that it was perfect if those guys didn't understand why. Plus, it's very much linked to the style of play. I've heard all my life that it's better to play Ferrer. But it's not better to play Ferrer rather than someone else. In fact, I'd rather play Rafa. I don't think I have a better chance of beating him but at least I know I'm going to play well.

About his comment that one of his career high point was to be the last 70kg player to be in the top ten : When I hear the infamous "he doesn't have a strong shot" I want to reply that I mainly lack kilos! Find me one guy who weights 70 kg and can hit a forehand like I do against Rafa? OK, it won't be like Soderling's, but there are no weight classes in tennis. I'm waiting for the next 70 kg guy in the top ten. Even a Nishikori is sturdier than I am (68 kg for 1m78 versus 69 kg for 1m83). When I was injured and I did nothing but muscle training, I went from 69 to 70...
Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #310

Thanks for the translation Suzee. Like Mike, I would've said that I was interested in reading it but I figured it would be in French and need to be translated and I didn't want to burden you, but since you decided to do it, Thanks! It was a good read and I really find myself in complete agreement with him, but that's usually the case when it comes to these issues.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:49 PM   #311
country flag Suz-ee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
Thanks for the translation Suzee. Like Mike, I would've said that I was interested in reading it but I figured it would be in French and need to be translated and I didn't want to burden you, but since you decided to do it, Thanks! It was a good read and I really find myself in complete agreement with him, but that's usually the case when it comes to these issues.
It's really not an issue, my English is getting worse and worse living in France so I take every opportunity I can get to practice it If you want something translated just ask, you'll be saving my language skills
Old 05-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #312
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Suzee, really appreciate the translation.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #313
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

Easy win
Crappy RG app can't see anything in it

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #314
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2014, European Clay Season

Great to see him winning an early round on a GS so easily , 25 W 22 UE's, 7/9 at the net, just five games dropped, good Alejandro Gonzalez next, he's a typical south-American leftie, and he fights a lot, so it may be tough, but he looks back to a better level lately. Allez Gillou

Last edited by Gillouthe best : 05-26-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Gillouthe best is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #315
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Nice start
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote