2014, Summer N. American Hard Court Season - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #196
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2014, Season at the Americas!

http://www.tennischannel.com/bestof5_heartthrobs/

Absolutely criminal that our precious Gilou isn't on this list. I mean c'mon, Gilles is definitely hotter than some of the names up there. They're taking requests to add more players so for those of you on twitter, tweet @tennischannel with the hashtag #bestof5 and tell them to put Gilles Simon on the list of eligible names to vote for. If they get enough requests, they will add him to the list as they did for Wawrinka and Gilles' own countrymen Jeremy Chardy. I have and hope some of you will too. He may be in a slump right now, but he's still as hot as ever!
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #197
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2014, Season at the Americas!

He lost to Ouanna 64 16 63 on an exho in the north of France today. It was on indoor clay, Ouanna also beated PHM yesterday, so he must have been playing well, but he's not even in the Top-250, so it's quite a bad loss.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #198
country flag Suz-ee

Suz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillouthe best View Post
He lost to Ouanna 64 16 63 on an exho in the north of France today. It was on indoor clay, Ouanna also beated PHM yesterday, so he must have been playing well, but he's not even in the Top-250, so it's quite a bad loss.
I actually saw parts of the match, god knows how. It was very badly filmed so I can't really tell but he played extremely well in the second set then totally lost focus in the third one. Not that encouraging.

Edit : Ouanna was solid though. Very few unforced errors. Nothing extraordinary but solid enough to make the loss less depressing.
Suz-ee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:08 PM   #199
country flag Suz-ee

Suz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond reputeSuz-ee has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently Gilles decided to play the qualies in Casablanca. He's playing tomorrow against Nikola Cacic whom I've never heard of.

Last edited by Suz-ee : 04-04-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #200

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

There were no WC's left, so he had to play qualies like in 2008. I hope he comes through qualies without scares and then let's see what can he do in the main draw, maybe it's a good ocassion to regain confidence, and start to win matches consecutively. Allez Gilles
Old 04-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #201

Gilles very close to defeat vs #595 . It can't get any worse than this.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #202

Well, he ended up winning 75 26 75 , he will play tomorrow Roberto Marcora, #361, I hope he can win a bit more easily. Allez Gilles
Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #203
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know he's playing quali in Casablanca. Well, good for him, trying something different, and maybe playing at a lower level would help (and sucks more if he loses even at this level). Oh well, he got to try sth and get himself back to a little bit of form.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #204
country flag Suz-ee

I'm following the score board. So far he has managed to fail to serve for the first set then failed again serving for the second. His inability to serve for anything is becoming worrying to be honest...
Old 04-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #205
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

Dropping sets to these guys doesn't bode well but if it helps him get some practice in...
Fedmug was never good mover, or you maybe think you should be elitte mover to beat players like Rodmug, Fatghatis, Mcbaldian, Safin, Ljubicic or Gonzales with average movement fedmug would have learned how to beat baby Nadal.

The seal of Fedmug game is serveboting and slicing, and neither one servbot was famous as ellite mover nor slicers are ellitte movers, in the fact opposite, players who are always short one step on court.

So in the case of Federer,the ultimate expierience(15years) is much more important factor than his movement, like Federer simple explained you.

Hope you enjoyed tennis lesson
Police Of Mind is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #206

Another hard fought win, 57 75 60. Good to see he won 6-0 the last set, hope that gives him confidence . Andrey Kuznetsov should be really tough, he's close to the Top-100, and judging by the statstics he was serving very well today. Allez Gillou !
Old 04-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #207
country flag Suz-ee

He won easily against Kuznetsov. Tbh Kuznetsov made so many errors Gilles didn't even get a chance to choke It was definitely better towards the end of the match.

Good new is : according to Eric Salliot, who talked to Paul Henri Mathieu, the two previous rounds were played on really bad courts so that may explain the terrible results.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #208
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

He beat Kuznetsov 6-3, 6-2. Good to see him gaining confidence. He will play Delbonis in the first round. Good luck Gilles!
Old 04-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #209

Default 2014, Season at the Americas!

Finally a straight sets win , 63 62 over Kuznetsov, quite funny that he won the easiest vs the best ranked guy he faced , but I guess that's just Gilles. Spots for qualifiers in the MD are Volandri, Del Bonis or another qualifier. Not bad, but with his current form I don't think Gilles is favourite against anyone in the draw, so any win will be appreciated.

EDIT: he plays Del Bonis on R1, 4th up on CC today. Worst possible option for me, the argentin has already a title in clay this season + a final in Hamburg last year . Allez Gilles!

Last edited by Gillouthe best : 04-08-2014 at 06:04 AM.
Gillouthe best is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #210
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Relieved that he passed qualification, feel bad that my expectation is so low these days.
Maybe he can put some momentum together to make a good run in this week? Hope so.
Allez Gilles.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote