Murray admits he may not be able to win another Grand Slam - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #31
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray admits he may not be able to win another Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post
6-4 6-3 6-2
Why are you referencing the result of a match from just a couple of weeks before Murray required surgery for a long term back injury?

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow people seem to have gotten the notion that one has to be a boaster or an egomaniac to win a grand slam. Maybe it works for some players to say "I definitely can win [X] slam," but that doesn't mean it's the only effective mind set. It's realistic to say, "Who knows what might happen? I might not win another slam." The main thing is to be determined, to work very hard to give yourself the best shot at a title that you can -- and know that if you are able to give your very best you have the possibility to win.

All anyone can do is to do the best one can do. Murray can't become a different person. He has to work with what he has and maximize his strengths.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #33
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds more like he's just saying there's always that chance. Taken by itself it can seem odd, but taken as a whole (in its context) not at all. He wants to give himself the best chance for success because it's not guaranteed.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #34
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Sounds more like he's just saying there's always that chance. Taken by itself it can seem odd, but taken as a whole (in its context) not at all. He wants to give himself the best chance for success because it's not guaranteed.
Yup.

And he's got every chance of winning another Wimbledon title. Noledal might be the top 2 elsewhere, but not there.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #35
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
Do not worry people, the worlds best player will be back to his very best and dominating the slams in no time.
it is you that worries me the most mate. your sig is growing bigger by the day...insecure much?
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #36
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Yup.

And he's got every chance of winning another Wimbledon title. Noledal might be the top 2 elsewhere, but not there.
I agree with this. I think estimations are very warped when it comes to that event.

Murray's clearly been one of the best players on grass of the past couple of years (and not far from it in years prior). If health permits, I see no reason why that would change.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #37
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #38
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy with that.
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #39
country flag DDRickyDD

DDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond reputeDDRickyDD has a reputation beyond repute

Of course he might not win another slam, he's just had serious back surgery. Murray is just stating the obvious.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #40
Dave_92

Dave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond reputeDave_92 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
Why are you referencing the result of a match from just a couple of weeks before Murray required surgery for a long term back injury?
He won Wimbledon with that injury.
Federer reached semis of AO some years ago, and he was having mono.

He was just outplayed. Admit it, deal with it.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

#bel18ve

..thanks for playing during my lifetime..you're amazing..
Dave_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #41
country flag Andrej

Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond repute

He's lying. This is revolting for a sir like him. Just watch him lift the AO trophy.
Andrej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #42
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Not really surprising that a player feels there is the possibility he may not win the sport's greatest prizes in the future.

He's won two so far and he turns 27 next year. It's hardly a given.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #43
country flag Hangaroo

Hangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRickyDD View Post
Of course he might not win another slam, he's just had serious back surgery. Murray is just stating the obvious.
I think he is just downplaying his chances From the recent tidbits of info from the social media, he looks supremely fit and ready to hit the ground running.

Of course, competing against the uber elite in the world is a completely different ball game altogether, even Rafa took several months to ease into the game and was rusty for most of the clay season. So Andy might not be at his very best until the IW-Miami stretch or even the later parts of clay season.

Anyway, we will get to see how Andy is feeling in a couple of days
Old 12-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #44
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

and people think he is going to beat Rafa if they meet in a slam. The guy is literally bending over already even before the draw for the next slam is out.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #45
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is being realistic

The chance of him getting a choking Spaniard in the quarter final of a grasscourt Slam again, or having a hurricane severely impede play during the SFs and Fs again is fairly low.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote