Murray admits he may not be able to win another Grand Slam - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
country flag ssynhtn

ssynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray admits he may not be able to win another Grand Slam

so he is emphasizing that his wimbledon champion is very *precious* because for hell's sake he "might in theory not win another in the future for whatever reason", how's that "admit", there is no questioning from anybody in the first place, dude, how stupid is this thread.
ssynhtn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he is just using Dull's tactics. Never the favourite, no? My knees will never work again?

Hope not, Murray doesn't need to use mind games. He is probably genuinely unsure how things will go.

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH

TENNIS MUG- NADAL= Excuses, bending the rules, fluke 2010, weak clay field, classless celebrations, lucky draws, first player to lose 3 consecutive GS finals to the same man, 3 consecutive losses to players ranked outside 100 at Wimbledon including injured Darcis, only beats injured or UE strewn Djoko or Fed, embarrassed by Stronga. VAMOS!
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
Alex.

Seriously mate.

You do filter out a set of quotes and pick just one to mislead everyone? What was the point of that?

'But I also know how hard it is to win those tournaments. It may never happen again, I might not win another one but I just want to give myself the best chance to do that and that's why we do the work over here and train and prepare as best as we can.

'Hopefully I'll give myself an opportunity to win another one.'
No, clutch ... I didn't filter anything ... you can see the original link in my first post. Yes, Murray did say he'd try his best but that sentence 'I might not be able to win another GS' is puzzling to me. It feels like there is more to it ... Again, I just hope Andy will be fine.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #19
country flag Sillyrabbit

Sillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Reading the article in context actually paints a different picture from just reading the headline. I'd advice everyone to do that first before making up their mind. I see his comments as being more pragmatic and trying to keep expectations in check rather than a "loser mentality" or he's given up
Old 12-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
country flag evilmindbulgaria
Banned!

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Basically, it#s hard, I may never win one again, WHO KNOWS?

He said the same shit about Wimbledon, I may never win Wimbledon.

*BIGGEST FACEPALM OF 2013*

ENGLISH COMPREHENSION SKILLS ALEX!
\thread
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #21
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure what is so hard to understand here. I didn't write the article. I'm just a messenger and as far as I know this is a tennis board.

Murray admits he may not be able to win another Grand Slam, but is fighting to give himself best shot

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...#ixzz2oPm7b97M

Gee, some of you are so silly? Read the fucking thing ?

It's very simple. IMO, it is strange that Murray would say something like 'I might not win another slam'...
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #22
country flag ClutchOnandWin

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
No, clutch ... I didn't filter anything ... you can see the original link in my first post. Yes, Murray did say he'd try his best but that sentence 'I might not be able to win another GS' is puzzling to me. It feels like there is more to it ... Again, I just hope Andy will be fine.
It's not puzzling.

It's a mindset.

If you put pressure on yourself to win a grandslam then it becomes harder as you are dealing with more levels of stress and tension. By going into grandslams and the new season with a mindset of "whatever will be will be, for whatever I know I may never even win one again", what you're doing is playing tricks on your own mind so as to escape the possibility of being caught up in the extasy of emotional trauma and anguish.

Alex, Murray said the same thing heading into wimbledon this year.

I will roughly quote and you can google it because I can't be arsed.

"I may never win wimbledon, I cannot say it's certainly going to happe, that I am certainly going to win wimbledon, you never know".

It's called a state of mind.
^This is what having a crush does to an individual.

Follow me on Twitter; https://twitter.com/RedliningMyGame

Or find my posts at #MuppetOfTheHighestCaliber
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #23
country flag ClutchOnandWin

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssynhtn View Post
so he is emphasizing that his wimbledon champion is very *precious* because for hell's sake he "might in theory not win another in the future for whatever reason", how's that "admit", there is no questioning from anybody in the first place, dude, how stupid is this thread.
Exactly. The IQ levels of this flipping board, sometimes, are so low. I feel embarrased to be a member.
^This is what having a crush does to an individual.

Follow me on Twitter; https://twitter.com/RedliningMyGame

Or find my posts at #MuppetOfTheHighestCaliber
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly. The IQ levels of this flipping board, sometimes, are so low. I feel embarrased to be a member.
Aurevoir.

Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)

Ace Pounder is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

I like the objective journalistic distance used in the following line: 'Such is his dedication to his profession, however, Murray missed the ceremony in Leeds earlier this month as a result of his pre-season training commitments in Florida as he recovers from back surgery.'

Anyway, yeah, he's hedging his bets and lowering expectations Nadal-style. I have no problem with a player handling the media in this way.
Htom Sirveaux is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

from Andy Murray's own heart,mind,spirit and body and tennis strokes to God's ears,PLEASE make him NEVER win another slam ever again happen

will not forgive Del Potro for what he did to Roger and Novak last year at the Olympics and at Wimbledon;that punk got away with it

Florida's Cuban Americans rejoice at U.S. policy overhaul
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...e=politicsNews

Last edited by timafi : 12-24-2013 at 07:03 PM.
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #27
country flag Tennis-Life

Tennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond repute

Dullovic finals all the way
Tennis-Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #28
country flag miura88

miura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond reputemiura88 has a reputation beyond repute

But will he be able to make the final of an event on clay?
Old 12-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
from Andy Murray's own heart,mind,spirit and body and tennis strokes to God's ears,PLEASE make him NEVER win another slam ever again happen

Yeah having those two pushers Nadull and Pushovic winning slams over the variety and flair of Murray is what tennis needs

Anyway this is a non-story. The great Slamray is not going to come out and say he is 100% certain that he will win more slams, it is not in keeping with with genuine humble persona. I believe he actually said something similar to this during Wimbledon this year and we all know how that turned out!

Do not worry people, the worlds best player will be back to his very best and dominating the slams in no time.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #30
Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post

Do not worry people, the worlds best player will be back to his very best and dominating the slams in no time.
6-4 6-3 6-2

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

World #2 at 33 years. Davis Cup winner while injured.

UNDISPUTED G.O.A.T.
Joey Tribbiani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote