Form and dominance of the Big4 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form and dominance of the Big4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_analyst View Post
Yes, it is moving but not exactly average. At each date, I look at the last 20 matches played and compute this ratio:

(sum of points won in these 20 matches) / (sum of all points played in these 20 matches)

So, if the match was short (especially, a retirement), it will not affect this ratio much, since the number of points played in that match was low.
It could, if it makes a significant match drop off in the other end.
vBookie net amount won: 31401 (2014: +24706, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 103 (high 90), TT doubles rank 70 (high 70).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #17
country flag Dr. Frankenfed

Dr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Frankenfed has a reputation beyond repute

The point distribution in tennis can be described by an autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity model.
Dr. Frankenfed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #18
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Well, not if you look at % of matches won. Remove the 3 players and you still find his 2006 (which would be 100%, btw) stats are quite a lot better than 2007 --->

So are % of points won more telling than % of matches won?
I am comparing the average of his best period (2004-2007) with the 2008-2012 period. Not very different IMO.

Obviously if you choose just the best streak of a player and you compare with longer periods things are going to work in your direction.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #19
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
I am comparing the average of his best period (2004-2007) with the 2008-2012 period. Not very different IMO.

Obviously if you choose just the best streak of a player and you compare with longer periods things are going to work in your direction.
In 2004-07 he won 95,9% of matches against anyone not named Nadal, Djokovic and Murray.

In 2008-12 he won 91,1%.

That is a significant difference to me.
vBookie net amount won: 31401 (2014: +24706, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 103 (high 90), TT doubles rank 70 (high 70).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote