Was nadal hardcourt season a fluke??? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #61
country flag nolethebest

nolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was nadal hardcourt season a fluke???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
It was impressive on paper, but the quality of the matches and the players' form during the Hard court season (after Wimbledon) were questionable.
Still, you have to work hard to earn it, in any given condition! So props to Nadal; he was beastly.
the players underperform a lot nadal did play well but not so much his high level the reason he had this hc season

Novak Djokovic in 2011 had the Greatest year in professional sports, He single handedly dominated two of the greatest players of all times and ended the fedal era.

7 Grand Slam titles
4 Australian Open titles
2 Wimbledon titles
1 Us Open title
122 weeks at #1
4 World Tour Finals Titles
#Legend
nolethebest is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #62
country flag robbery47

robbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolethebest View Post
like what
Nadal won every match on outdoor hardcourt! How can this be a fluke? Give him once credit ffs. He was the best in 2013. end of story
Old 12-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #63
country flag Sillyrabbit

Sillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSillyrabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was. I'm glad you were here to draw everyone's attention to this
Old 12-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #64
country flag R0B1S

R0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond reputeR0B1S has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone else was just pathetic for the most part and he took advantage of it. It wasn't as if he was playing unbelievable tennis and was just unplayable so there's no way he can take all the credit for his results - a lot of gifts went his way. But I don't think "fluke" is a right word for what happened.
R0B1S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #65
country flag ZetaKizzy

ZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Sure. It was a fluke. Just like Nole's 2011 clay season was a fluke.

Rafa never has back-to-back identical years. I don't expect that to suddenly change in 2014. The only thing I might be relatively certain about him defending are his clay titles and he'll make finals of HC tournaments, winning one or even two. I don't think he'll suddenly become a HC god. I hate it when people use the "but he had easy draws" excuse. You're only downgrading your fave because he couldn't make it past that "easy draw" that made the final and lost to Rafa. Contrary to popular belief, Rafa wasn't exactly playing all that great either this year. He was simply more consistent than his rivals; beating players he SHOULD beat and not losing to "mugs." Plus, don't act like Rafa hasn't been making the latter stages of HC tournaments in recent years. He lost a grand total of once before a semi this year and it wasn't on HC.

And honestly, Nole fans should be the last people to talk about a "fluke" season and act like sweeping two months of the season is a special accomplishment not achieved anywhere else in the year. That's something Rafa has done during the clay season. What makes Claydal different from LastTwoMonthsovic? "Oh but Nole has won AO 3 times in a row so 2011 was clearly not a fluke." So what? Rafa has won RG 4 times in a row twice. And Nole's won majors outside of AO since 2011? Right now he's in the same boat Rafa was in after 2010; making finals but coming up short.

And since when has Muzz ever been someone Rafa should fear? Muzz beats him once every blue moon.

I don't think he'll repeat the titles (his best chance is probably IW), but he won't be losing in the first round either. Just like Nole's 2011, 2013 was the exception and not the norm.
ZetaKizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #66
country flag Wolmas

Wolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond reputeWolmas has a reputation beyond repute

It's obvious that "Team Nadal" were determined to put up big results on hard courts in '13, and that this "schedule managing" talk was smoke screening. There will be a time when Nadal might be only able to play clay tournaments, and skip everything else, but that wasn't the case in 2013. I expect him to be determined to win a second Australian Open title in 2014 as was his aim to get a second US Open in 2013. It will be interesting to see if Djokovic wins a 4th straight in Melbourne.

Last edited by Wolmas : 12-22-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Typos
Wolmas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #67
country flag hadouken!

hadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond reputehadouken! has a reputation beyond repute

No the epitome of Flukes would be Fraud's lone RG title

23-10 Overall
14-6 in Finals
9-2 in GS
6-2 in GS Finals

hadouken! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #68
country flag nolethebest

nolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond reputenolethebest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaKizzy View Post
Sure. It was a fluke. Just like Nole's 2011 clay season was a fluke.

Rafa never has back-to-back identical years. I don't expect that to suddenly change in 2014. The only thing I might be relatively certain about him defending are his clay titles and he'll make finals of HC tournaments, winning one or even two. I don't think he'll suddenly become a HC god. I hate it when people use the "but he had easy draws" excuse. You're only downgrading your fave because he couldn't make it past that "easy draw" that made the final and lost to Rafa. Contrary to popular belief, Rafa wasn't exactly playing all that great either this year. He was simply more consistent than his rivals; beating players he SHOULD beat and not losing to "mugs." Plus, don't act like Rafa hasn't been making the latter stages of HC tournaments in recent years. He lost a grand total of once before a semi this year and it wasn't on HC.

And honestly, Nole fans should be the last people to talk about a "fluke" season and act like sweeping two months of the season is a special accomplishment not achieved anywhere else in the year. That's something Rafa has done during the clay season. What makes Claydal different from LastTwoMonthsovic? "Oh but Nole has won AO 3 times in a row so 2011 was clearly not a fluke." So what? Rafa has won RG 4 times in a row twice. And Nole's won majors outside of AO since 2011? Right now he's in the same boat Rafa was in after 2010; making finals but coming up short.

And since when has Muzz ever been someone Rafa should fear? Muzz beats him once every blue moon.

I don't think he'll repeat the titles (his best chance is probably IW), but he won't be losing in the first round either. Just like Nole's 2011, 2013 was the exception and not the norm.
nice essay..BUT how does novak whole season compare to nadal hardcourt season to different things... AND nadal do benefits from easy draw everybody knows that except you......pls murray has been a different player since 2012 and while we don't know if he would have beaten nadal he sure would be a more challenge than those mugs nadal beat

Novak Djokovic in 2011 had the Greatest year in professional sports, He single handedly dominated two of the greatest players of all times and ended the fedal era.

7 Grand Slam titles
4 Australian Open titles
2 Wimbledon titles
1 Us Open title
122 weeks at #1
#Legend
Old 12-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #69
country flag nolethebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbery47 View Post
Nadal won every match on outdoor hardcourt! How can this be a fluke? Give him once credit ffs. He was the best in 2013. end of story
uumm NO sir he did not win every match on outdoor HC Beijing and Shanghai are not indoors

7 Grand Slam titles
4 Australian Open titles
2 Wimbledon titles
1 Us Open title
122 weeks at #1
#Legend
Old 12-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #70
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said in Nole's case, you can't fluke a season. You fluke a set, a match, hell you fluke a tournament but not a season. Get over it
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #71
country flag nolethebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
As I said in Nole's case, you can't fluke a season. You fluke a set, a match, hell you fluke a tournament but not a season. Get over it
im not pressed by nadal season nor his Hc season...just wanted to know people's opinion on wether its a fluke or not and novak 2011 season and nadal HARDCOURT SEASON totally to different things

7 Grand Slam titles
4 Australian Open titles
2 Wimbledon titles
1 Us Open title
122 weeks at #1
#Legend
Old 12-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #72
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
im not pressed by nadal season nor his Hc season...just wanted to know people's opinion on wether its a fluke or not and novak 2011 season and nadal HARDCOURT SEASON totally to different things
Who compared them? I don't think even Nadal trolls on here are dumb enough to compare a tiny HC streak to one of the greatest seasons in history. They mean Nole's HC end of year streak this year, which is hilariously dumb considering Novak is actually a great HC player

They probably would be silly enough to say Nadal's 2010 is close to Djoker's 2011, which would prove that they were just saying silly things to try and piss us off, as if we didn't already know that As subtle as a kick in the groin.

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH

TENNIS MUG- NADAL= Excuses, bending the rules, fluke 2010, weak clay field, classless celebrations, lucky draws, first player to lose 3 consecutive GS finals to the same man, 3 consecutive losses to players ranked outside 100 at Wimbledon including injured Darcis, only beats injured or UE strewn Djoko or Fed, embarrassed by Stronga. VAMOS!
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #73
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not comparing them, I just said it because I heard haters saying that Nole's 2011 season was a fluke
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #74
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
I'm not comparing them, I just said it because I heard haters saying that Nole's 2011 season was a fluke
Those few people don't count though. That is just crying Dull fanboys upset that Nadal will never achieve a season that good and because he got schooled 6 times in a row. You think they honestly believe it s a fluke? Of course not. That would mean they would think Nadal 2010 is the biggest fluke ever, seen as he has never repeated it and didn't even achieve close to what Nole did in 2011. One of the top 3 seasons ever isn't something ANYONE would actually believe was a fluke event They couldn't make their trolling more obvious even if they said Nole was a short, black man with 1 leg.

Similarly I have heard many Nadal haters say all his slams are a fluke, which I don't agree with. Lucky in many of them, but even calling someone like Roddick's 1 slam a fluke is pathetic considering he won 7 matches in a row to get it

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH

TENNIS MUG- NADAL= Excuses, bending the rules, fluke 2010, weak clay field, classless celebrations, lucky draws, first player to lose 3 consecutive GS finals to the same man, 3 consecutive losses to players ranked outside 100 at Wimbledon including injured Darcis, only beats injured or UE strewn Djoko or Fed, embarrassed by Stronga. VAMOS!

Last edited by JoWilly : 12-22-2013 at 07:30 PM.
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #75
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. He just took advantage of a weak field and the other top players playing badly. Had Nole been at his 2011 level, you could bet your ass that Nadal wouldn't have won anything.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote