UPDATE: Lively balls for AO 2014. Courts quick too. - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #136
country flag Rafa#Uno:-)

Rafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond repute

Lol yes!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

The best player spin and speed together

Rafa#Uno:-) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #137
country flag f1yer

f1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond reputef1yer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lively balls for AO 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
It will not give Djokovic any edge over Nadal, this will make matters worse.

The balls are not fast and light. They are heavy and lively.

Nadal hits a topspin forehand, it lands in the court and then SPEEDS up because of the topspin. - Normal circumstances where normal in life balls are used.

Nadal hits a topspin forehand, it lands in the court and then TRAVELS LIGHTENINGLY FAST JUMPING UP DEVASTINGLY AT THE OPPONENT. - Rare circumstances in which lively balls are used.
LOL - Time to make use of these balls everywhere.

17 isnt that far off - is it? Maybe even in 2014
f1yer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #138
country flag ClutchOnandWin

ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Sadly despite being the favourite he has won 1 USO in his career and was one missed FH away from going out in the SF that year too. I won't discount JMDP or Murray being as much of a favourite at the USO in years to come. What are "modern day hardcourts"? Post 2011? Slams wise it is clearly Fed who is the greatest hardcourter of this era.
Modern-day hardcourts are those post 2003.

It's true he only has one US Open but as far as I am concerned he's been fairly unlucky in a few. He isn't accustomed or adept at playing in windy conditions and therefore was naturally at a disadvnatge. Murray has great touch and feel and "felt" his way through the wind. Djokovic with his predominant baseline game couldn't adapt the same way Murray could andd was outplayed as a result. I was all for Murray and cheering him on, don't get me wrong, but he was fortunate about those conditions. The US Open this year should have gone to Novak too, we don't need to recap on it. Break up with breakpoints for a double break and then 3 breakpoints for a break at 4-4. Nadal somehow clutched on and held his serve for 5-4, Djokovic made a couple of stupid uncharacteristic errors from probably feeling flat at not breaking, faced two bps, saved the one of them but Nadal just played an unbelieveable point and he lost the second. Momentum took over, Nadal cruised home with little resistance from Novak. He played sensational tennis in sets 2 and 3 and should have been 2-1 up and instead found himself 2-1 down and that was GSM.

I also like to look past facts and figures in some instances, not all, just some. Federer has 4 aussies and 5 US's and is arguably the better on modern day hardcourts, but Djokovic hasn't finished his career. Federer has. In 2008 Djokovic beat Federer at the Australian Open and he was merely a teenager. Federer was in and around his peak at this.

People don't actually realise how talented Novak is on the modern day hardcourt, it's crazy, he literally has everything other than solidness at the net.

ClutchOnandWin's tennis tips
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=558010:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Serious tennis analists know that WTF is a glorified exho with a very descriptive name.
^This is what having a crush does.

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 12-23-2013 at 03:07 PM.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #139
country flag chili

chili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
weird

stosur is actually one of the most aggressive players on WTA tour

wouldnt say the same about rafa and ATP
Stosur's forehand is the closest thing to Nadal's forehand on the WTA side. Her serve is also comparable to Nadal's as they both like to spin it a lot on both first and second. Stosur likes to put more kick, Nadal more slice. And this is where the similarities stop. Except for net play (not that important in today's game) the rest of Stosur's game is below average, including speed, stamina, mental toughness while Nadal excels at most of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
not true

errani is a great example of a topspin player

her fh is nowhere near stosur's in aggression
Stour's serve, forehand and physique + Errani's everything else = a WTA version of Nadal.
chili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #140
country flag Shepherd

Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6t5lvAbV4
Shepherd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #141
country flag elpistolero7

elpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos. Nadal to defeat AO goat then capture RG.

RIP slade and duarte. May MTF see a better version of trolls.

Greatly respect: Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray.

Past Favorites: Marat Safin, Andre Agassi and Gustavo Kuerten.

Despise: Roger Federer. The dominator of the weakest era in tennis history. Also the man who says "The match is always on my racket against Nadal". H2H 23:10.
elpistolero7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #142
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter. Nole is the king in Australia and he'll prove it once again
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #143
country flag chili

chili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
That's a good call. Schiavone finishes a lot more over the head like Nadal does so esthetically she's closer but Stosur has more spin and pace, hence more quality overall. Stosur being more aggressive, she finishes more across the body, same as Nadal when he is aggressive and puts a ball away.

Now compare these forehands with the ATP ones then with Radwanska's and Wozniacki's and you'll understand why Stosur and Schiavone have a slam by now while Woz and Rad are still trying.

Sorry no TF account to rant over there
chili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #144
country flag Tennis-Life

Tennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond reputeTennis-Life has a reputation beyond repute

Give the title to Nadal already
Tennis-Life is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #145
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

good to hear

can't think of anyone to stop the Dull brigade this year

Commando Joke and his band of merry men don't stand a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #146
country flag ZetaKizzy

ZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond reputeZetaKizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
I honestly can't wait to wake up in the morning and have this thread as my bowel movement reading material.

This was my reading material during lunch. I was going to flip through Vogue but this was so much better.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
ZetaKizzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #147
country flag gcgoncalves

gcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond reputegcgoncalves has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post

can't think of anyone to stop the Dull brigade this year
MTF GOATs will rise. Sam Q, Warlocq and GOATubev will take care of Dull.

TT Doubles Titles:
2014: Glasgow F1 (w/a1canada), Dallas CH* (w/lolada_4)
gcgoncalves is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #148
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

People forgetting this is nadal we are talking about. He played a lot last year and i think it is going to take a toll on his body. He has had bad luck at the aussie in the past with injuries. I see nadal having trouble with the body based on how much he's played before wimbledon in 2014. There are reports he's been struggling again a bit with his knees. We'll see i gues in a few weeks..

No one is beating the gymnast... he's back in form post us open and will blitz all in his path.. nadal ain't going to be able to have anything like 2013.. .his body is going to feel it this year after how much he played and nole will take over once and for all this rivalry.

to nadal.. djoker leaving you behind starting this year... everyone will agree once he takes nadals roland garros from him this year.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #149
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash86 View Post
Yes - must be the guy who saves 3 break points being 0-40 down in the 3rd set of the USO. Pretty funny if Novak fans think their man is more clutch - over the course of their career that has always been Nadal - not Smashovic. Heck even this year he ran into the net - let's not mention other such moments in years past.
Moments in years past? Like beating Nadal in 7 straight finals? Like saving 2 MPs in both the 2010 and 2011 USO semifinals against Federer? Like saving several MPS in the 2012 Shanghai final against Murray? Like breaking Nadal when he was serving for the second set in the 2013 Monte Carlo final and then playing a perfect TB to end Nadal's run in Monte Carlo? Etcetera...?

Nadal has never betaen Novsk 7 consecutive times...When he does that, then we can say he's turned the tables on him.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #150
country flag Hangaroo

Hangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond reputeHangaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedvsNole View Post
People forgetting this is nadal we are talking about. He played a lot last year and i think it is going to take a toll on his body. He has had bad luck at the aussie in the past with injuries. I see nadal having trouble with the body based on how much he's played before wimbledon in 2014. There are reports he's been struggling again a bit with his knees. We'll see i gues in a few weeks..

No one is beating the gymnast... he's back in form post us open and will blitz all in his path.. nadal ain't going to be able to have anything like 2013.. .his body is going to feel it this year after how much he played and nole will take over once and for all this rivalry.

to nadal.. djoker leaving you behind starting this year... everyone will agree once he takes nadals roland garros from him this year.
I understand that you are trying to troll and incite Rafa's fans, but let me answer you anyway

Unfortunately, it is true that Rafa has never been as consistently fit (and lucky) as Fed or Nole. He has struggled with his fitness throughout his career, but has since learned to adapt and play through pain. Though I've been a Rafa fan since I saw baby Rafa play in 2004, I'll accept that I too was initially skeptical how long he'd last with his grinding style of play. But his perseverance and never-say-die spirit over the years have convinced me to never doubt him again. His naysayers on the other hand have been talking about his impending decline for years now, but he continues to fight on the tour. I'm not trying to argue that Rafa won't face any fitness issues in 2014 (though I strongly hope he doesn't), all I'm trying to say is that it wouldn't be a wise idea to bet against him as he will try his best to compete nevertheless and that is almost always enough for him to beat any opponent anywhere.

I won't argue against Nole's chances either. He is as good a player as anyone can ever try to be, but he has his own limitations and is getting older too. Though he has been lucky to avoid any serious injuries so far in his career, his grinding style of play is going to take its toll at some point (if not next year). Now, don't get me wrong. I am NOT wishing injuries on anyone, I want every player to be 100% fit and healthy. It's not fun watching Rafa, Nole or Andy beat Wawa or Birdy for their slams, we want to see them play each other in some epic matches.

Either way, I am excited for 2014. I don't see either Nole or Rafa (or Andy) dominating the rivalry next year. We will soon see for ourselves, bring on the AO

Last edited by Hangaroo : 12-23-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Hangaroo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote